Kyler Murray Contract Extended

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Really? Ummm practice is over Kyler before you leave the facility here’s a coach to sit with you and do your independent study that’s in your contract? What’s so hard? Before practice even? Logging time and making sure it’s done is hardly something difficult to manage.
I would imagine that wouldn't be considered "independent".

I would imagine some logging in on the ipad that times him somehow. Network time logged in, etc.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would imagine that wouldn't be considered "independent".

I would imagine some logging in on the ipad that times him somehow. Network time logged in, etc.
Ehhh I personally would consider independent anything outside of team film study… Having a coach present imo would be helpful like one on one with any teacher. But that’s just me.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Whose job is it to help Kyler study film?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Operative word: perceived.
Then you don't understand how paid media works. It's a combination of numbers and perception. The Phoenix DMA is reasonably large but the behavior of its audience heavily influences how much it's relevant to pay for the advertising space.

It's perfectly relevant for Phoenix to have a larger DMA by volume than say, New Orleans, but underindex for viewership of local sports teams in comparison to the New Orleans DMA. If only 20% of Phoenix residents watch the Cardinals on any given Sunday, but NO residents watch at 50%, NO wins as the bigger market.

At the end of the day, what it costs to advertise in Phoenix is far less competitive at scale vs. many other DMAs in terms of cost per thousand impressions. It's just fact.

I'm not trying to flex on you or anything, but this is what I do for a living. I manage multimillion dollar advertising budgets for Fortune 500 companies. Phoenix just isn't a major market when it comes to sports. It's not tiny, but it's not major.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why does AZ have to have the worst sports franchise owners in the country? What an idiotic distraction for Mike B to add this unenforceable nonsense into the contract

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does AZ have to have the worst sports franchise owners in the country? What an idiotic distraction for Mike B to add this unenforceable nonsense into the contract
How is it not enforceable? And I dont blame him one bit when he’s spending 1/4 of a billion and clearly shown already his commitment is lacking in areas not related to the weight room. lol

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It 100% confirms all the rumors that were flying around about Kyler. If he was dedicated and committed to studying it wouldn’t have been necessary.
I'd love to know how many franchise QB's have today, or have ever had, clauses written into their contract that provided incentives to simply do their job... Ugh...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How? I mean..... there are probably a ton of ways to circumvent something like that.
Super easy to enforce. Keep all game film behind a firewall and require a VPN. You can track IP/Location and time logged in, what's been watched, etc. Companies do this all the damn time. Heck, the playbooks are on those Surface tablets and I bet even that activity can be tracked by the team.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Super easy to enforce. Keep all game film behind a firewall and require a VPN. You can track IP/Location and time logged in, what's been watched, etc. Companies do this all the damn time. Heck, the playbooks are on those Surface tablets and I bet even that activity can be tracked by the team.
They could also pull a Raiders and give him blank film and ask for his thought on what he saw…

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to reports Kyler already putting 4 hours of work in and it won't be a change for him. However, the team wanted it in writing. You have to wonder why that is. They wouldn't ask for it in writing unless there was something there.

Is video games a problem in the NFL too. :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is embarrassing for everyone involved. Most people will likely forget about it in a week, but the whole organization seems to have an air of ineptitude about it right now.
Seems to me like the Organization did the right thing. May not want it out. But I certainly don’t blame them. When you’re spending 1/4 Billion you kinda want some guarantees. I get it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have a feeling what Kyler's problem is and that is video games. For the position he plays, it's mental and physical and he once quoted his father telling him "how you do anything is how you do everything" and he does not like to lose. He identifies with being a videogame player and it seems to be more than just a past time with him. I have a brother in-law who got so immersed playing them that he would forget about his family when he got home, and this a technological professional guy, luckily, he broke free. It's probably an addiction for him that's cutting into his studying being a pro QB. There, I went full Mitch with a psychoanalysis, but that is just a hunch and not a full-blown Mitch truth lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen