The Durant Sweepstakes

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown tweets "SMH" amid reports he's not happy that his name is involved in Durant trades.

Have to admit while I agree Tatum is the better player of the 2, it would probably bug me too. I actually think with Brogdon if they just stand pat they're as likely as anybody to get back to the finals.

I get Durant is an offensive freak but he's 33 going to be 34. If Boston doesn't get Durant will be interesting to see how it works out for them with Brown.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown tweets "SMH" amid reports he's not happy that his name is involved in Durant trades.

Have to admit while I agree Tatum is the better player of the 2, it would probably bug me too. I actually think with Brogdon if they just stand pat they're as likely as anybody to get back to the finals.

I get Durant is an offensive freak but he's 33 going to be 34. If Boston doesn't get Durant will be interesting to see how it works out for them with Brown.
Yeah… I think Boston’s window is pretty wide open and they are loaded with the off-season moves they made. A team in their position doesn’t need to make that much of a risk to try and get back to the Promised Land.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah… I think Boston’s window is pretty wide open and they are loaded with the off-season moves they made. A team in their position doesn’t need to make that much of a risk to try and get back to the Promised Land.
Right. I'm not sure why they would want Durant in the first place. Especially if it means giving up Jaylen Brown.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right. I'm not sure why they would want Durant in the first place. Especially if it means giving up Jaylen Brown.
Because they just lost the finals and Durant is better than Brown. That's the same logic behind the Suns' pursuit of Durant.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Durant commented on the claim by Draymond that the Warriors would have beaten Jordan's Bulls by saying "I can't comment on that but I do know our coach Steve Kerr would have insisted we put Steve Kerr in as many pick and rolls as possible."

BTW I think Draymond is nuts the Warriors had nobody to guard Jordan.
The 2017 Warriors in 5-6 games. Back in the 90’s you could get away with being a negative offensive player if you played D and rebounded like Rodman. I remember my friends and I used to joke that any one of us could do what Ron Harper did for them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2017 Warriors in 5-6 games. Back in the 90’s you could get away with being a negative offensive player if you played D and rebounded like Rodman. I remember my friends and I used to joke that any one of us could do what Ron Harper did for them.
Yeah… as much as I think those Bulls teams were legendary, the 2017 Warriors club was easily the most talented roster of all time, with all of them in their prime.

Draymond v. Rodman’s crazy would have been wildly entertaining.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah… as much as I think those Bulls teams were legendary, the 2017 Warriors club was easily the most talented roster of all time, with all of them in their prime.

The Warriors could also bring in Iguodala to match the Bulls length. At the end of the day the Bulls had too many stiff-knee’d dudes in their rotation after the big guns.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They wouldn't have guarded each other though Rodman or Pippen would have guarded Durant.

Hard to compare as a lifelong Warriors fan I always thought that Bulls team was the best I've ever seen. Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Rodman, even the weak link Kerr was a knockdown shooter.

I guess my main disagreement is Draymond saying they were double digits better. The Warriors might win the series but I would not say double digits better.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. I mean I hear some Suns fans say we are good let's run it back. The Celtics just added a 19.5/5 guy to their team which is a huge addition. If it makes sense for anybody to run it back it is the Celtics. I would keep Brown and with their offseason make a run for it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They wouldn't have guarded each other though Rodman or Pippen would have guarded Durant.

Hard to compare as a lifelong Warriors fan I always thought that Bulls team was the best I've ever seen. Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Rodman, even the weak link Kerr was a knockdown shooter.

I guess my main disagreement is Draymond saying they were double digits better. The Warriors might win the series but I would not say double digits better.
Grant wasn’t on those teams. Kukoc was their 4th wheel.

Pretty good 4th wheel though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The information contained in the last paragraph of this article must goad the Nets.

Adrian Wojnarowski Senior NBA Insider:

The Celtics defeated the Nets 4-0 in an Eastern Conference first-round playoff series last season and built the core of their current team, in part, from the draft compensation from a 2013 trade that sent Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to the Nets. Both Tatum and Brown were acquired through Brooklyn picks delivered to Boston.

Ohhh. That’s painful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Durant commented on the claim by Draymond that the Warriors would have beaten Jordan's Bulls by saying "I can't comment on that but I do know our coach Steve Kerr would have insisted we put Steve Kerr in as many pick and rolls as possible."

BTW I think Draymond is nuts the Warriors had nobody to guard Jordan.
Draymond/Rodman would have been fantastic entertainment.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Draymond also would have been tossed dealing with Rodman. Rodman was good at baiting guys.

Pippen would have done as good of job as anyone making life suck for KD also.

Jordan would have covered Steph and broken him mentally.

I don't see how Golden State wins more than 2 games in a series. 1 game from incredible shooting, maybe 2, but that's it.
Who covers Durant?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They happen just not very often. The vast majority of trades happen outside your own division.
That is less true today than it used to be because we no longer play all those games within our division. It still makes sense to not trade a baseball player within your division but it's not as important in the NBA. Although if there's also a true rivalry relationship between two division foes, I suspect that would make a trade even less likely.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Borg

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the Suns were willing to let Nash walk for nothing but the Lakers wanted to pay him and a trade was the only way to do it.
Absolutely, but you’re still making it easier for a division rival to acquire a player which is the point of the conversation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pippen and Rodman likely take turns.

Steph v. MJ would have been fascinating.
So they plant Kerr on klay? He’d shoot over him all day.

Also, I’m not sure I ever watched Jordan chase a player all over the court like he’d have to do with Steph. That’s a large chore do that and dominate offensively on the other end.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they plant Kerr on klay? He’d shoot over him all day.

Also, I’m not sure I ever watched Jordan chase a player all over the court like he’d have to do with Steph. That’s a large chore do that and dominate offensively on the other end.
Kerr didn’t start. Harper would’ve been on Klay. Not a great matchup but had length and size to bother him at least a little.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, but you’re still making it easier for a division rival to acquire a player which is the point of the conversation.

I was only adding a little color. I'm still a bit upset how Lon Babby said the Suns were going to keep Nash only to trade him or let him walk for nothing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard