Suns Off-season Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warren has got to be the most injury prone player I've ever seen. Not only is he always hurt but he has injuries that are day to day last several weeks, non-descript head injury... half a season, he has an ankle sprain... 2 months, dude has a surgery that was projected to put him out a few months... misses 2 years.

He also is the antithesis of our ".5 offense". He plays very slow and he virtually never, ever passes the ball. This I believe was the main reason James Jones wanted to get Warren the heck outta Dodge.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Assuming KD stays in Brooklyn the Suns need to spin some of their picks to upgrade the roster:

Suns’ FRP’s last 15 years:
(played for PHX at some point)
Alando Tucker
Robin Lopez
Earl Clark
Markieff Morris
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
TJ Warren
Tyler Ennis
Devin Booker
Dragan Bender
Marquese Chriss
Josh Jackson
Deandre Ayton
Mikal Bridges
Cam Johnson
Jalen Smith
(Dragic was a 2nd rounder)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Assuming KD stays in Brooklyn the Suns need to spin some of their picks to upgrade the roster:

Alando Tucker
Robin Lopez
Earl Clark
Markieff Morris
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
TJ Warren
Tyler Ennis
Devin Booker
Dragan Bender
Marquese Chriss
Josh Jackson
Deandre Ayton
Mikal Bridges
Cam Johnson
Jalen Smith

Last few drafts... I'd say we're on the upswing!

BTW, you forgot Ty Jerome, not that he helps my upswing thoughts.

That 1-2-3 of Bender, Chriss and Jackson brings a wave of nausea. Don't know that any franchise has missed THAT bad on 3 top 10 picks in a row.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Alando Tucker
Robin Lopez
Earl Clark
Markieff Morris
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
TJ Warren
Tyler Ennis
Devin Booker
Dragan Bender
Marquese Chriss
Josh Jackson
Deandre Ayton
Mikal Bridges
Cam Johnson
Jalen Smith

Every one of those players was a lottery pick except for Alando Tucker and Robin Lopez, which makes that list even sadder. Lopez was #15 and Tucker was #29.

@Phrazbit mentioned Ty Jerome was missing and I noticed Tyler Ennis and Archie Goodwin were both missing as well. All 3 were later 1st round picks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every one of those players was a lottery pick except for Alando Tucker and Robin Lopez, which makes that list even sadder. Lopez was #15 and Tucker was #29.

@Phrazbit mentioned Ty Jerome was missing and I noticed Tyler Ennis and Archie Goodwin were both missing as well. All 3 were later 1st round picks.

Ennis is there in the post.

I blanked Goodwin, I know he was really late in the round. That so many supremely athletic guys like him, Jackson and countless others piss away their talent never ceases to amaze me. Goodwin could get to the rim at will... and he could do literally nothing else, even once he got to the rim he wasn't particularly good at finishing, then you read the stuff he said to the press and it was clear he was living in an alternate world, thinking that he was an NBA stud and the league just refused to admit it.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score

Alando Tucker
Robin Lopez
Earl Clark
Markieff Morris
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
TJ Warren
Tyler Ennis
Devin Booker
Dragan Bender
Marquese Chriss
Josh Jackson
Deandre Ayton
Mikal Bridges
Cam Johnson
Jalen Smith

I thought this board had rules about overly offensive posts

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Both were draft day deals so they weren’t in the BR draft history page. I remember getting Jerome in the Baynes deal but I didn’t remember the Goodwin trade. It was the weird Nash deal with LA.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD not coming. I think it would of gotten done already if it was gonna happen.

Ayton gonna leave for peanuts and this will be remembered as one of the worst offseasons in suns history

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both were draft day deals so they weren’t in the BR draft history page. I remember getting Jerome in the Baynes deal but I didn’t remember the Goodwin trade. It was the weird Nash deal with LA.

The Goodwin acquisition was a draft day deal also. We wanted him but the Warriors took him at #29 and we had #30. We traded that pick and Malcolm Lee for his rights. BRef has us taking Nemanja Nedovic at #30 but he was part of the Goodwin trade.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ayton gonna leave for peanuts and this will be remembered as one of the worst offseasons in suns history
Optimistic are ya…geesh! Ayton is not leaving for peanuts they will sign him and trade later if necessary. They will not let him go unless it facilitated a larger move imo.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really did not think they could spin an Ayton for Durant move. It would have to take a third team and that is hard. I am not a fan of giving up a lot for Durant, but if it DA, a player like CamJ l, and a pick or two, well, that would be interesting

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really did not think they could spin an Ayton for Durant move. It would have to take a third team and that is hard. I am not a fan of giving up a lot for Durant, but if it DA, a player like CamJ l, and a pick or two, well, that would be interesting
Yeah that's a risk I'd take too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chances are DA will be moved for picks and those picks will end up included in a deal for KD along with Cam J. I really hope Bridges isn't moved. Of course there will need to be salary filler as well such as Crowder, Saric, and Craig but that's fine by me. Crowder is the only one of them with value but upgrading to KD is a no brainer.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Is it the worst offseason? I wouldn’t go that far but I can’t think of one off season were it was horrible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to top the 2016 off-season where we drafted Chriss, Bender, and Ulis. Our big free agent signing was Jared Dudley. We also signed Barbosa, Shaq Harrison, and Derrick Jones Jr.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to top the 2016 off-season where we drafted Chriss, Bender, and Ulis. Our big free agent signing was Jared Dudley. We also signed Barbosa, Shaq Harrison, and Derrick Jones Jr.
Not to mention we paid a premium to draft Chriss that included a previously drafted player we'd had hopes for, Bogdan Bogdanovich.