Suns Off-season Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns resigning Biz is much more impactful to the roster then the SG we just signed. Biz can add quality depth.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The single most absolute trash highlight video I have ever seen. In the first minute it’s him shooting two air balls that were caught by a teammate a laid in
Yeah I loved those. Add in two 3 pointers and then nothing but floaters and you have . . . meh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good, I was wondering what was taking so long. But he needs to be our backup, not the starter.
I think we all need to readjust our expectations for bench/starters if we’re able to pull off a KD deal, without losing Bridges.

Feel like Biz is gonna be the starter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we all need to readjust our expectations for bench/starters if we’re able to pull off a KD deal, without losing Bridges.

Biz wouldn't be a terrible starter, definitely not ideal, but if we're running out a starting 5 of Biz, KD, Mikal, Booker, CP3 then I'll be happy.

Hopefully we can bring in someone close to Biz's level to back him up if he's our starter. Preferably someone younger so there's a chance they could challenge him for the starting role and surprise us.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biz wouldn't be a terrible starter, definitely not ideal, but if we're running out a starting 5 of Biz, KD, Mikal, Booker, CP3 then I'll be happy.

Hopefully we can bring in someone close to Biz's level to back him up if he's our starter. Preferably someone younger so there's a chance they could challenge him for the starting role and surprise us.
The Suns made it clear they think they can get equal production from that position. I had assumed that meant center by committee verses finding a single player to almost match Ayton’s production. I expect another “cheap” signing at that position or the Suns are getting something in a proposed trade. We still need to address the backup PG spot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns made it clear they think they can get equal production from that position. I had assumed that meant center by committee verses finding a single player to almost match Ayton’s production. I expect another “cheap” signing at that position or the Suns are getting something in a proposed trade. We still need to address the backup PG spot.
I’m pretty sure they’re going to beoticdn wrong here. But the step down will be worthwhile for KD.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Biz is not a starter.

I would rather run someone like whiteside out than him. He just is to small to guard big centers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Thomas Bryant and Hassan Whiteside are still available in free agency but I'm not sure how much money they want or the fit.

Of course there is DeMarcus Cousins and Dwight Howard but they do not seem like Suns type players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I believe Thomas Bryant and Hassan Whiteside are still available in free agency but I'm not sure how much money they want or the fit.

Of course there is DeMarcus Cousins and Dwight Howard but they do not seem like Suns type players.
How are we going to use the MLE now that mcgee is gone? That should go to a starting center.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I really don't like Cousins, but I would sign him with what we have right now.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm, I just looked and it appears Damien Jones is not under contract right now either.

He really looked like the light switch flipped and he was getting good the last time we played him.

That is another guy I would like for the Suns to sign.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I just looked and it appears Damien Jones is not under contract right now either.

He really looked like the light switch flipped and he was getting good the last time we played him.

That is another guy I would like for the Suns to sign.
I thought he just re-signed with the Lakers?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How are we going to use the MLE now that mcgee is gone? That should go to a starting center.
Yes, center has to be priority 1.

Followed closely by a backup PG if Payne is getting traded.

Schroeder is about the best available.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns really need another point guard in a bad way. The same with the center position. Let's hope they fill at least one need in a trade and the other using the MLE.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t assume that we’re using the MLE. Or at least not the full amount. We didn’t last year and that was without being in the luxury tax as I believe we will be when all is said and done getting KD in here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gorgui Dieng, Greg Monroe, Robin Lopz Whiteside... Not great options. Of course Dwight Howard and Cousins but I don't want either of them.

Montrez Harrell is available, albeit undersized.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Frank is healthy and wants to return to the Suns. Also I've always liked Montrezl Harrell.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they’re going to beoticdn wrong here. But the step down will be worthwhile for KD.
Step down I think we can handle. Transformation (Ayton & Bridges) together will be completely depended on who we get in trades. That's my only concern. Biz signing to me was a good one but still will only be 1/3 of the production we got out of that position all season long. Just waiting to see what the Suns do here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Rajon Rondo has something left in the tank at point guard.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Rajon Rondo has something left in the tank at point guard.
Man...he is one of those guys that seemed to drop off a cliff. I don't think you could expect any consistent production out of him but at this point, after trades, the Suns might be struggling to round out the roster anyway.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN Insider has a good free agent breakdown where they list who is left an approximately what salary they'll command. That's where I saw Trez was available. It's slim pickings at Center after Ayton. Here it is, for those interested. Other positions available at the link below.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen