2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think an Ayton for Durant trade is just about the only (mildly) rumored one that isn't going to make everyone throw up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his playmaking, defensive rebounding, and toughness would have been a huge boost. He seems like a better fit for the .5 ball that Monty wants to play. Guys who move without the ball would have feasted with his interior passing.

IMO, Sabonis would have been a defensive liability. Haliburton is the player I wanted. Of course the Suns probably wouldn't play him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think his playmaking, defensive rebounding, and toughness would have been a huge boost. He seems like a better fit for the .5 ball that Monty wants to play. Guys who move without the ball would have feasted with his interior passing.

Sabonis is not a good defender.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think an Ayton for Durant trade is just about the only (mildly) rumored one that isn't going to make everyone throw up.

The Suns would probably have to use expiring contracts, a player like Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges and several first round picks and swaps to have a chance to get Durant.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns would probably have to use expiring contracts, a player like Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges and several first round picks and swaps to have a chance to get Durant.

Attachments

• F76BF00E-B1C9-4D1C-91A6-E73AEDA4F1AF.gif
    F76BF00E-B1C9-4D1C-91A6-E73AEDA4F1AF.gif
    785.7 KB · Views: 3

Raindog

Reaction score

I didn't say it would be a great trade, just that it wouldn't make you toss your cookies because it meant they were still trying to win a title.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Ayton saga being over but I'm not looking forward to the discourse here when it goes down. Everyone has their preferred trade and virtually everything else is described as terrible in comparison. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Ayton saga being over but I'm not looking forward to the discourse here when it goes down. Everyone has their preferred trade and virtually everything else is described as terrible in comparison. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
The package I'd point to as my preferred trade is still terrible compared to who we lose AFAIC. None of the names I've seen mentioned really do anything for me. The only trade on the horizon that interests me is if we can get a loaded owner in place of Sarver. I could even forgive the basketball gods for costing us Ayton if that happened.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas just got better on the FC IMO. They are getting an 18/10 guy to compete with other teams bigs.

Yeah the question on Wood is how he fits on a good team since he's never really been on a good team but he's a very good player.

And he's a big who can face up and hit shots, the problem they had this postseason up front is they only had 1 big who could both rim protect and make shots, Kleber, but he's not a full time NBA starter type guy so they were playing Powell who can finish inside but he's not really a rim protector and he doesn't shoot well enough to work well in the let Luka drive and dish system, except for lobs.

Wood is not really a 5 but he can play some 5 in a 5 out system like Dallas runs, he can make shots, 37% from 3, he rebounds and he's a better shot blocker than Powell and on a par with Kleber in that. Definitely improves them. I think they realized in the WCF that their lack of rim protection was a huge issue. Memphis gave the Warriors trouble because of their rim protection, Boston is too, Dallas had outscore the Warriors to win they just had no rim protection so if you run them off the 3 it's a layup drill

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if that is precisely their plan, reality be damned.

That's the expectation of many Lakers fans although LA doesn't have much in the way of assets to get the job done.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I question passing your head coaching opportunities. There aren’t many. And the hornets have some young talent.
It surprised me at first but after thinking about it, maybe he's just no longer interested in being the Head Coach after his New Jersey experience? Some coaches really are better suited to remain as Assistant Head Coach and I'd imagine the Warriors can pay him pretty well if that's his choice. Of course there's also the possibility that Kerr might not want to continue this very demanding job for much longer?

Raindog

Reaction score
That's the expectation of many Lakers fans although LA doesn't have much in the way of assets to get the job done.
True... but the Lakers (both fans and organization) are so accustomed to the rest of the league bending over backwards to gift them star players or whatever else they want, that they all believe it's their God-given entitlement at this point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose