We need a vet CB now, or just forfeit the season

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we can develop some type of pass rush, it will mash some of the lack of talent on the backend. Wilson was playing pretty decent early in the season. Once JJ went down and few other injuries, he was exposed.
Wilson was mediocre at best in the first stretch, like almost every rookie cbs, but then instead of getting better his performances declined
Its something we have already seen with Collins and in part with Simmons, seems like the coaching staff isn't good at all developing young players
Was beyond pathetic keeping the same staff but we are talking about one of the winless legacy in sports so its part of what fans has to deal with

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would call our safeties great but I would call them solid and dependable and not a position to be concerned about in relation to the rest of the defense. I think great is stretching it a bit.
Budda, great. Rest of the crew. more than serviceable.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I was hoping they’d sign Fuller who just signed somewhere else last week.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
And I thought you guys were die hard fans. Why don't you guys quite talking about it and go try out for the team. I am sure someone one here could fill in at CB for 1 season. I would do it but I have artificial knees and hips, besides having put on on a few extra tons in my old age. Come on gang, someone take one for the team.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I liked the signing of Gladney. I remember him being found not guilty and then within the week the FO moved quick to sign him. I was impressed. It’s really a shame what happened to him… that said, peeps need to get of SK’s nuts. I imagine he will move quick to chase a CB when one becomes available.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Corner situation really bad especially with no pass rush and young linebackers, poster is right. This defense could be top 3 worst in NFL lets be honest

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Why don't you like it? I thought he played pretty well last year. Was that not the case?
Odds are good he won't last an entire season. The fact that he has played in 13 of a possible 49 games pretty much leans heavily in favor of him not being available to play the entire 2022 season. I much rather try to find someone who could give us 16/17 games.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Odds are good he won't last an entire season. The fact that he has played in 13 of a possible 49 games pretty much leans heavily in favor of him not being available to play the entire 2022 season. I much rather try to find someone who could give us 16/17 games.
And who is that better option?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have no issue with running our secondary back again this year. It does what Vance wants it to do. Alford is fine as would a number of available FA CBs. None will be better than Murphy and the hope is that Wilson will improve. Antonio Hamilton was ok on the snaps he got as well. Depth is the biggest worry but maybe they like what Whittaker has shown.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no issue with running our secondary back again this year. It does what Vance wants it to do. Alford is fine as would a number of available FA CBs. None will be better than Murphy and the hope is that Wilson will improve. Antonio Hamilton was ok on the snaps he got as well. Depth is the biggest worry but maybe they like what Whittaker has shown.
In the case Watt is out the defense can easily be the worst defense in the last 20 years

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 2018 Arizona Cardinals were 32nd in yards allowed and 28th in points allowed, my guy.
Yes the stats were bad cause the time of possession was beyond pathetic
But if i look at this defense roster now.... Not optimistic

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The CBs are gonna be tackling alot of RBs 20 yds down the field lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes the stats were bad cause the time of possession was beyond pathetic
But if i look at this defense roster now.... Not optimistic

We had this same thing last year when P2 left and it never materialized.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose