Trey McBride Mic'd up

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That is literally the point NFL (or any sports). It's 100% pure entertainment. Why is this so surprising?

What are you even doing on these boards talking about a team that doesn't know you exist?

Are you not entertained?
That's the point of the NFL, to make money milking all they can get from the fans, but I don't find it entertaining. I'd much rather just have the schedule released than need them to hold off to do a big reveal. That isn't entertaining to me. There's plenty in the offseason to get excited about. Stuff like this just isn't exciting for me.

Your second paragraph is simply pointless.

OP
OP
Zalixar

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's the point of the NFL, to make money milking all they can get from the fans, but I don't find it entertaining. I'd much rather just have the schedule released than need them to hold off to do a big reveal. That isn't entertaining to me. There's plenty in the offseason to get excited about. Stuff like this just isn't exciting for me.

Sure, of course it's all hyped up. But isn't being on these boards to catch up on any news, updates? At least this video is actually some football instead of schedule drama. I suppose you will never visit a training, practice, or listen to a Mic'd up video right? Or is this some unique combination?

Literally every word spoken on this forum is pointless. That's what entertainment is. Can't fault the NFL/teams for capitalizing on opportunities when fans devote a lot of time and energy discussing how well their group of guys will throw the ball around way better or worse than other groups of guys then get riled up for either.

You cared enough to write a pretty lengthy amount of how much you seemingly don't care about it. You don't have to tell us you rolled your eyes, you could just do it and move on. Or tell us every time you roll your eyes I guess. Keep on keeping on.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
DC Jefferson (7th), Troy Niklas (2nd), Gerald Christian (7th), Caleb Wilson (7th), Trey McBride (2nd)

Is that enough of a track record to even give a grade?
Yeah it's mostly late round fliers on special teams and 2nd/3rd TEs.

One of the biggest frustrations I've had about Keim is that he never jumped on the ILB/TE midround picks. Teams find long time starters at both positions regularly in the midrounds.

You look for guys with traits and maybe didn't get the right opportunities. And boom you have a starter down the road.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Niklas obvs was the big miss

the diff between McBride and Niklas is that Niklas was a 100% projection pick based on a pretty small sample vs. McBride who produced over multiple college seasons
It was a swing on a projection from a school that regularly produces good NFL TEs.

Niklas had all the makings of what we see from Maxx Williams. His ceiling was decent receiver, great blocker. We saw glimpses of that potential, but the kid couldn't stay healthy.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really think mcbride gonna ball in az next to mr eartz and mighty max

Even with no dhop for 6 gms ughhhh az luck lol still has dangerous wr tend options and hollywood

Hope mcbride gets a few redzone tds this yr he has in my ps5 madden franchise :) hes fun to throw to!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think mcbride gonna ball in az next to mr eartz and mighty max

Even with no dhop for 6 gms ughhhh az luck lol still has dangerous wr tend options and hollywood

Hope mcbride gets a few redzone tds this yr he has in my ps5 madden franchise :) hes fun to throw to!

I'm going to have three tight ends on the field at the same time: Zach Ertz, Trey McBride and Maxx Williams. :cool:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sure, of course it's all hyped up. But isn't being on these boards to catch up on any news, updates? At least this video is actually some football instead of schedule drama. I suppose you will never visit a training, practice, or listen to a Mic'd up video right? Or is this some unique combination?

Literally every word spoken on this forum is pointless. That's what entertainment is. Can't fault the NFL/teams for capitalizing on opportunities when fans devote a lot of time and energy discussing how well their group of guys will throw the ball around way better or worse than other groups of guys then get riled up for either.

You cared enough to write a pretty lengthy amount of how much you seemingly don't care about it. You don't have to tell us you rolled your eyes, you could just do it and move on. Or tell us every time you roll your eyes I guess. Keep on keeping on.
Blah blah you don't like what I posted, blah blah you think you know why I should be on a message board, blah blah you're writing more than I am about this blah blah other people aren't obsessing, so why are you? Blah blah blah.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Johnny McWilliams.

I remember being excited about that guy. Man he sucked.

Niklas was just a walking MASH unit.

Houser. Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane Goodall.
Jim Dray FTW.

I keep telling people that TE is one of the hardest positions to scout college prospects. Hayden Hurst was the first TE taken in 2018 and he's going to camp with his third team. He wasn't even the best TE drafted by his own team that year.

Cole Kmet has a very similar profile to McBride and he has 2 career TDs.

George Kittle was picked in the fifth round. Tyler Higbee in the fourth. Dawson Knox had 9 TDs last season — one less than Noah Fant has caught his entire career.

Total dart-throw with these guys.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Jim Dray FTW.

I keep telling people that TE is one of the hardest positions to scout college prospects. Hayden Hurst was the first TE taken in 2018 and he's going to camp with his third team. He wasn't even the best TE drafted by his own team that year.

George Kittle was picked in the fifth round. Tyler Higbee in the fourth. Dawson Knox had 9 TDs last season — one less than Noah Fant has caught his entire career.

I think the McBride dart board is freaking huge lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jim Dray FTW.

I wouldn't use a first rounder on a TE, it's a crap shoot. Just draft a third-fifth round guy every few years and you'll probably have an OK TE always.
I don't know; Kmet was known as a good blocker, good receiver at ND. McBride had more production than Kmet had in his entire college career in one season.

Kmet is bigger, but quite a bit slower.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wouldn't use a first rounder on a TE, it's a crap shoot. Just draft a third-fifth round guy every few years and you'll probably have an OK TE always.

I don't know; Kmet was known as a good blocker, good receiver at ND. McBride had more production than Kmet had in his entire college career in one season.

Kmet is bigger, but quite a bit slower.
Well, one guy played a Notre Dame with Myles Boykin and Chase Claypool and the other guy played at Colorado State.

Of course, Cole Kmet had six TDs his last season with the Golden Domers. Let me just check McBride's TD totals last year...

Oh, good God no.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, one guy played a Notre Dame with Myles Boykin and Chase Claypool and the other guy played at Colorado State.

Of course, Cole Kmet had six TDs his last season with the Golden Domers. Let me just check McBride's TD totals last year...

Oh, good God no.
Playing with actual college QBs...and having other threats often opens up the passing game for more targets and more offense.

Ian Book 399 attempts vs Centeio 380 attempts with very close completion percentage.

So teams knew that McBride was getting the ball and they still couldn't stop him.

OP
OP
Zalixar

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jim Dray FTW.

Quality TE's are certainly hard to get.If this ends up being a boom pick, our offensive will be solid for years to come.

I would have to imagine having Ertz here helped solidify the pick even more and makes it more exciting. Not to take anything from Goedert, but I imagine he picked up a thing or two from Ertz.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob Housler, the dude.

the year he was drafted, local radio had Howard Schellenberger, his college coach on to talk about him.

usually the college coaches are enthusiastic. The most Howard would say is that "he has chance if he puts it together....". Sounded genuinely surprised he was drafted where he was. You would think a guy drafted in the 3rd round from Florida Atlantic would have been the best guy on his team.

Thats when i knew there was a problem.

What made Housler worse is that Justin Houston went the pick after and we desperately needed more edge help

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Agree.
Only a fool would spend a dime on a schedule reveal event.
Just the nfl trying to milk it and expand their brand into a year round deal
But the schedule will be out next week anyway rather I watch the event or not. So I'll just wait

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Man, the NFL and the Cards are really reaching now. Miced up...at rookie minicamp? What's next, miced up in the weight room? Miced up in the car on the way to the team hotel?
and yet we consume it like the NFL junkies that we are.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
What’s the big deal about the NFL “milking it”. It’s a schedule release that very few paid anything for because it was a broadcast. I just watched the NCAA softball tournament reveal on Sunday. Oh guess what, I’m sure the mens tourny reveal will be this Sunday. They do the same for a lot of sports. Some people are just unhappy people and no matter what is said, they will still be unhappy people.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He has spent as many 1st and 2nd round picks on TEs as he has on offensive linemen.
Right...and that's an indication of poor draft capital use. I get that they really wanted a legit replacement for DWash, but Deone Bucannon was among Keim's worst picks. A thumper strong safety converted to ILB and he wasn't even that good in coverage.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right...and that's an indication of poor draft capital use. I get that they really wanted a legit replacement for DWash, but Deone Bucannon was among Keim's worst picks. A thumper strong safety converted to ILB and he wasn't even that good in coverage.
It's so insane that 4 out of the 9 first round picks Keim has made have been MLBs or MLB converts, and none of them have really panned out.

Meanwhile, he's spent 0 first round picks and 1 2nd round pick on pass rushers, although he did trade a 2nd for CJ. It's such a backwards way to build a team under the guise of BPA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose