Mavericks @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-10-2022 - Game 5

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare was maybe the worst defensive and rebounding big in history. His reputation here is way overrated.
Amare should have been a better rebounder but he was nowhere near the worst in history. Matter of fact, he was well above average, he just wasn't as good as his length and athleticism suggested he should be.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need to send Ayton to a Russian prison for the summer. Jesus Christ that guy is such a puss.

Have Shaq and Amar'e mentor him or something.
He apparently has a great teacher on the bench....lol.

I want the Ayton of last year back....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it...but I agree.....I'm down for the roll of the dice. I think they see it as well..at least I hope so. Cause once CP is gone....this team isn't what it is today. The same thing the post Nash Suns struggled with. Ayton won't change that unfortunately. Maybe I'll be wrong....today, he isn't that player. We have to actually build once CP is gone. Ayton might provide some of those assets.
I agree with this one moment, then I remember that Ayton looked like a completely different player when CP3 was out and the offense had to run half their game thru him. And same thing happened in the first round without Devin. He was a beast on offense and “good enough” on D.

That guy is a MAX player who just needs a SOB PF next to him that’s taller than Jae Crowder’s 6’6 frame.

But this is just so frustrating and he always will be to a certain extent.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Disagree. He's been a disappointment tonight but as bad as he's been, he's on pace to finish with 16 points, 12 rebounds and 2 assists. We're really hurting because he's not helping our defense like he usually does and that doesn't show up in his stats. Someone will max him, if he keeps playing like this it might not be us but someone will.
Someone will Max him… I agree. Just SO not sure if should be the Suns.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two things that worry me. The Mavs have not had their run yet and Luka is going to drive to the bucket 15 times in the 2nd half…bank on it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some halftime stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Disagree. He's been a disappointment tonight but as bad as he's been, he's on pace to finish with 16 points, 12 rebounds and 2 assists. We're really hurting because he's not helping our defense like he usually does and that doesn't show up in his stats. Someone will max him, if he keeps playing like this it might not be us but someone will.
I’ll be surprised if finishes with those numbers. He typically has worse numbers after halftime and Monty is obviously losses at him yanking him after that horrible no-dunk fiasco. Just doesn’t seem like he’s even got any fire to ignite in Ayton tonight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amare should have been a better rebounder but he was nowhere near the worst in history. Matter of fact, he was well above average, he just wasn't as good as his length and athleticism suggested he should be.

Listen I love Amare but he was pathetic on defense he had no concept of where to be and he made no effort at all on the boards.

BUT I don’t blame him. It’s the system he came in to. D’Antoni made no effort to even coach defense. So I don’t blame Amare at all.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's supposed to be a mismatch and is getting pushed around by Bertans and Kleba. He should be putting up 25 at least. 16?
It happens whenever he picks up two early fouls, he gets abused by everyone. He's never a tough player but the DA we're seeing right now is not typical. It's not rare either but it's not his typical play.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
He's supposed to be a mismatch and is getting pushed around by Bertans and Kleba. He should be putting up 25 at least. 16?
No doubt. He's 3 or 4 inches taller or 20-30 lbs heavier than just about everyone they're putting on him and he's still fading away. So frustrating

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with this one moment, then I remember that Ayton looked like a completely different player when CP3 was out and the offense had to run half their game thru him. And same thing happened in the first round without Devin. He was a beast on offense and “good enough” on D.

That guy is a MAX player who just needs a SOB PF next to him that’s taller than Jae Crowder’s 6’6 frame.

But this is just so frustrating and he always will be to a certain extent.
Like @MrYeahBut indicated. You either have it.....or you don't. Just the nature of the beast. Or you can do that hoping in both hands thing. I think we could accumulate some amazing assets for JJ to build with and continue our culture and championship run. Ayton isn't the guy to build around IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are 4-14 from 3P.

Mavericks are 6-16 3P.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go under the screen and have the player on the screener pop out.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right?!? I just don’t get it. Tire him out too. Don’t get it. I just don’t get it. Maybe the mavs are doing something I can’t figure out.

You figure something good is going to happen.

Get Luka in foul trouble

Booker scores

They have to help and we swing the ball to get an open shot

Luka get tired

I mean what’s the downside!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No doubt. He's 3 or 4 inches taller or 20-30 lbs heavier than just about everyone they're putting on him and he's still fading away. So frustrating
And apparently he cant play with force without leading with his shoulder. He has no idea how to use his big athletic body . . . still . . . at the end of year 4 in the NBA

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen I love Amare but he was pathetic on defense he had no concept of where to be and he made no effort at all on the boards.

BUT I don’t blame him. It’s the system he came in to. D’Antoni made no effort to even coach defense. So I don’t blame Amare at all.
I didn't try to defend his defense, just saying you're wrong on his rebounding. He absolutely should have been better but he averaged 8.9 boards per game for Phoenix, there are many (MANY) worse PF/Center rebounders than him.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those of you who go to the games, have you even heard fans calling Ayton out? I know plenty of fans yell at the Cardinals... Who doesn't.. lol

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92