Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad move; I think it's an excellent move because we desperately needed a deep threat, and we got a proven one relatively cheap. What I think is bad about it is that Keim put us in the position to have this desperate need by whiffing on so many WRs in the past.

I'd guess if you looked at it his whiff rate is no different to most GM's. WR's whiff a lot.

Look at the 2020 draft.

Ruggs, Jeudy, Raegor, Aiyuk, Shenault, Hamler, Van Jefferson, Mims. That's 8 of the first 13 receivers off the board in 2020 all under performed where they were drafted.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also lets not forget the optics of this trade for Kyler and his contract negotiations. I have no evidence for this but I could easily imagine Kyler to want to ensure Hollywood stays long term with Kyler so makes concessions in his contract with money if its used for Hollywood... it's what I would want if my best mate was playing on the same team

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another thing I like about this move is that Brown is fantastic against zone coverage. He's great at crossing zones and finding space and defenders just can;t keep up with him once he's in stride.

This puts defenses in a bind because they want to play zone (and have been a lot) to stop Kyler running and the horizontal stuff we do with Moore. But this opens them up to pain from Brown and Nuk. Before Nuk was our main threat vs zone they could shade coverage his way. They can't now.

Brown is not so good vs man. Especially against the top CBs. But he shouldn't be attracting the top CB's now which will help. But vs man we have options in Green, Ertz and Nuk too.

Lot's of options for the offense makes it tough to defend us.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another thing I like about this move is that Brown is fantastic against zone coverage. He's great at crossing zones and finding space and defenders just can;t keep up with him once he's in stride.

This puts defenses in a bind because they want to play zone (and have been a lot) to stop Kyler running and the horizontal stuff we do with Moore. But this opens them up to pain from Brown and Nuk. Before Nuk was our main threat vs zone they could shade coverage his way. They can't now.

Brown is not so good vs man. Especially against the top CBs. But he shouldn't be attracting the top CB's now which will help. But vs man we have options in Green, Ertz and Nuk too.

Lot's of options for the offense makes it tough to defend us.
And if get a pass catching RB, we'll be even tougher. IMO.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's alot of jet fuel to transport one dude.

You must be registered for see images attach

I bet these people were happy though. Makes the live event not the buzzkill it would have been.

You must be registered for see images attach

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had Jermaine Johnson not been there at #25, I would be fine with trading for Brown buy if we could have had either Christian Watson, Alec Pierce or Jalen Tolbert to go with Johnson then I would have rather kept number #25.

I definitely see ARZ taking an EDGE in Round 2 unless Keim has another trade under his sleeve.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You echoed all my thoughts so I don’t have to redo it. Love the trade. And on top of everything Kerouac said we also got a third. Only reasonable alternative available to us, imo, was drafting jermaine johnson with 23!!
True. And no one could have fathomed that Jermaine would have been there at 23.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
not a bad trade. Plus a third rounder.

any o-lineman left they could trade up for tonight?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad move; I think it's an excellent move because we desperately needed a deep threat, and we got a proven one relatively cheap. What I think is bad about it is that Keim put us in the position to have this desperate need by whiffing on so many WRs in the past.
Correct. We whiffed on Isabella in the 2nd, but those other guys were 3rd day selections. Still hurts though. I’ll be curious to see if some of the WR’s picked last night end up not meeting expectations.