Suns @ Pelicans Thursday Playoff game thread 4-28-2022 - Game 6

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Is this the night where Crowder actually gets something going? Need someone to step up big time because counting on Mikal to play out of his mind again is a little unrealistic. CP3 will probably be exhausted, so this is going to have to be another huge team effort to pull out a W. Looking at you Cam and Crowder!

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I expect Ayton and Cam J to get it going tonight. Cam Payne will play heavy minutes too and I expect him to light it up as well. If the role players find their shot, we should win easily

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is upgraded to questionable and he is expected to play. Evidently he is going to see how he feels in warm-ups and go from there.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tweet from Woj about Booker, expected to play.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I just posted the news above about 25 minutes ago. Heard it on the radio. WOOT!

Also, they said that Booker wanted to play in Game 5 but the Suns shut him down.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just posted that above. Heard it on the radio. WOOT!

Also, they said that Booker wanted to play in Game 5 but the Suns shut him down.

I skimmed to see if the tweet was posted before I posted and didn't see it but see you mentioning it now. I know some like seeing sources, which is why I posted the tweet.

Hopefully it all goes well. If nothing else it should take pressure off CP3. They can't press him as hard with Book out there, even at 80-90%. I don't know what % he's at but I feel 80-90% is a fair assessment if he's playing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I skimmed to see if the tweet was posted before I posted and didn't see it but see you mentioning it now. I know some like seeing sources, which is why I posted the tweet.

Hopefully it all goes well. If nothing else it should take pressure off CP3. They can't press him as hard with Book out there, even at 80-90%. I don't know what % he's at but I feel 80-90% is a fair assessment if he's playing.
Unlike some, I consider the radio a source. It's just hard to post a link to it. I guess what give me a little more confidence is that Book felt ready play in Game 5. It's the Suns that evidently shut him down.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker is upgraded to questionable and he is expected to play. Evidently he is going to see how he feels in warm-ups and go from there.
Well, I really hope it's all the way healed.

If he reagravates it we are in big trouble.

Honestly I might save him for game 7 if needed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I really hope it's all the way healed.

If he reagravates it we are in big trouble.

Honestly I might save him for game 7 if needed.
Just posted above but on the radio they said that Book told the Suns his body was ready in Game 5. They shut him down and held him out until another evaluation could be completed today. I trust that Book knows his body. This gave him an extra couple days rest. If not for that? I would be less confident.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex From Jersey tweeted as much yesterday and today.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just posted above but on the radio they said that Book told the Suns his body was ready in Game 5. They shut him down and held him out until another evaluation could be completed today. I trust that Book knows his body. This gave him an extra couple days rest. If not for that? I would be less confident.

I trust Booker's judgement on a lot but he's been chomping at the bit to play and it's not surprising he wanted to play in game 5, he probably would have played game 4 if it were his choice. I think the organization did the right thing waiting a little longer to let him return. He was always going to try to return early so if he said he was good for game 5, clear him for game 6.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Credit to Flex he called it. Beyond the footage of Book getting up shots you gotta wonder how much running/cutting he’s done.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Credit to Flex he called it. Beyond the footage of Book getting up shots you gotta wonder how much running/cutting he’s done.

I'm thinking Flex must have a source with the medical or training staff. He gets the medical stuff right.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well yeah, I get that and all, but he has recurring hamstring issues - I guess to be fair they usually are months apart and he doesn't usually quickly reinjure them.

Just worried he wants to be back so badly he is pushing it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be a limit on Devin Booker's minutes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Flex must have a source with the medical or training staff. He gets the medical stuff right.
The original Tweet posted here said Booker was out 2 to 3 games (meaning back by Game 6) before the national media upgraded it to 2 to 3 weeks. I don't recall the reporter but that ended up being correct.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original Tweet posted here said Booker was out 2 to 3 games (meaning back by Game 6) before the national media upgraded it to 2 to 3 weeks. I don't recall the reporter but that ended up being correct.

I think it was originally listed as a mild hamstring issue all along but the media had different takes on it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was originally listed as a mild hamstring issue all along but the media had different takes on it.
Right but only one person said 2 to 3 games. Everybody else said 2 to 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right but only one person said 2 to 3 games. Everybody else said 2 to 3 weeks.

I think this is the tweet you are referring too.