ASU 2022 Football - preview

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lawyers. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get what you are saying Ouchie but I am not sure it is really a pupu platter. It is a two man race and my guess is going into spring practices the coaches had an idea of who the one is and coming out of spring practice I assume they have an idea of who the one is…hopefully it is the same one.

Where I agree with you is going from an experienced, albeit regressing, starter to a backup with limited time or a transfer (he is a 4- or 5-star) does lend itself to uncertainty. One could argue that most were certain Daniels was going to be a dominant force last year and all his experience didn’t seem to help.

My concern will be if the team is still trying to figure it out against whatever week 1 patsy (NAU) is on the schedule. That will mean nobody distinguished themselves in a period of 7 months.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So it's not far fetched to suggest that one of the new guys may preform better as a passer.
Yes, it is. Even as a passer, JD is much better and has proven much more than any of the other QB's. Do you really want to go into what we actually have at QB? Do you think it's a bit odd that ASU is still talking about bringing in QB's?

The QB situation at ASU right now is bad, with very little promise. You come in here talking about Tyson, who probably won't even start and looks lost. Reports have him at 3rd behind Bourguet and McLemore. Tell me more about Tyson though, I'd love to know what you've heard differently than people who have actually been at practice and seen him in the offense. Spoiler alert - it hasn't been pretty.

It's ok to be positive, but this is also a place for realists. Quit complaining about the discourse, or people having differing opinions about the team. If all you want is sunshine and rainbows, this ain't the place!

As annoying as you find the "negativity", your "say everything is great or else" and questioning fandom crap is just as grating. On top of that you won't even back up your statements or talk football. Probably best not to engage!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. You keep being “positive” and trashing anyone that doesn’t agree with you. Putting you on ignore as I don’t need your attacks when I come to discuss the devils. Have a nice life, try to lighten up.

So asking you for the basis upon on which you are basically calling the ASU QB's a plate full of POS is an attack on YOU? That's not an attack, that's just asking you questions about your attacks on our players. As I suspected, you overstated your case without having done your homework.

If you are saying that this batch of QB's is unproven and inexperienced, I totally agree with you. Having watched a lot of their passing on video and trying to read up on them, I do think they have some promise, and I am pulling for Tyson to win out since it looks like he has the highest ceiling.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, it is. Even as a passer, JD is much better and has proven much more than any of the other QB's. Do you really want to go into what we actually have at QB? Do you think it's a bit odd that ASU is still talking about bringing in QB's?

The QB situation at ASU right now is bad, with very little promise. You come in here talking about Tyson, who probably won't even start and looks lost. Reports have him at 3rd behind Bourguet and McLemore. Tell me more about Tyson though, I'd love to know what you've heard differently than people who have actually been at practice and seen him in the offense. Spoiler alert - it hasn't been pretty.

It's ok to be positive, but this is also a place for realists. Quit complaining about the discourse, or people having differing opinions about the team. If all you want is sunshine and rainbows, this ain't the place!

As annoying as you find the "negativity", your "say everything is great or else" and questioning fandom crap is just as grating. On top of that you won't even back up your statements or talk football. Probably best not to engage!

You are wildly mischaracterizing my posts. I too have been critical and expressed concerns here and there. Lying and exaggerating doesn't work real well on a message board when we can check your accusations against what was actually written.

And I think you and Ouchie are way over the top in your criticism. Now you are even calling me out for suggesting that one of the new guys may perform better than JD did last year as a passer. Are you familiar with the difference between "will" and "may"? "May" is a cautious statement, not a bold prediction like saying something "will" happen. But I guess we'll have to wait until the end of next year and compare the stats. I don't think things are as bad as you say they are and sure hope that we field a QB with more TD's than INT's next year. When JD failed to do that last year, he was ripped pretty good on this board.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found a podcast about the roster after spring football. It might be interesting although I haven't had a chance to listen.

Good stuff, thanks for posting. From this guy's observations, Daylin McLemore had the best Spring among those battling for the QB position. Big arm, very athletic, he's been in the program since 2020, but is still a redshirt freshman. https://247sports.com/player/daylin-mclemore-46084158/ As I recall, he hit a nice long bomb in the Spring showcase. He says Tyson is still coming along slowly, learning the system, and not as athletic as McElmore. Should be interesting watch it all play out in Fall camp!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
The only absurdity is that Herm and Ray still have jobs. They've taken our team and driven it into the ground. We're only beginning to see how long it'll take to dig out. I can't ever remember a bleaker point for ASU football in the last 20 years.

Only umbrage that I have with this is that you didn't include Crow. He's ASU's Micheal Bidwill. I think the regents need to clean house all the way from the top. Between the athletic depart and boneheaded moves like building Mirabella next to an entertainment district so that the retirement community can complain about and shut down noise he needs to go too. We need a completely fresh slate at ASU.

As an alum that now makes decent money I'd never even consider donating or being a booster under this leadership. I'm sure I'm not alone in this sentiment. It's going to kill us with NIL until the house is cleaned out.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

All good in Sun Devil land, our #1 receiver and BY FAR best young defensive prospect have decided to jump off of the sinking ship. Can't blame them. This train wreck just keeps getting worse.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is certainly not good news for ASU football.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And on it goes. Yes, the college model has changed. From Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have added the rudderless ship part too.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If your best WR transfers after spring ball and you have a transfer QB on a visit, that says bad things about the offense as currently constructed

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your best WR transfers after spring ball and you have a transfer QB on a visit, that says bad things about the offense as currently constructed

This is true but the problems are much bigger. See post #64.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But my dead man walking comment was unreasonable . . . okay. This program is a punchline at present.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like ASU could get a new quarterback. Former Florida QB Emory Jones is scheduled to visit this week.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Israel Carter, quarterback, commits for 2023.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like ASU could get a new quarterback. Former Florida QB Emory Jones is scheduled to visit this week.

How many years of eligibility does he have left? I wonder why he's leaving Florida.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU adds former Auburn cornerback Ro Terrance. He has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard