Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The defense had 5 sacks, an INT, and forced two fumbles. But then again...it was against the 8-9 Browns. :shrug:
And we have someone touting a win against the 7-10 Seahawks as well.

Panthers was technically the worst QB'd game of the year in terms of QBR. Did they even win another game after beating us?

49ers was a great win. Even though they prepared for Kyler all week and as @Russ Smith pointed out kept their rookie/young safeties deep like they were going to get bombed by McCoy. Shanahan was p'od. However, it was a really good bounce-back win.

This isn't dog Kliff or prop Murray. Just saying both had a really small sample size without each other to judge.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
1 year of college and 3 years in the pros? KM fell apart 3 years in a row, period. His playoff game was on him, not KK.

Kyler definitely has things he needs to correct, but Kliffs teams have 9 consecutive second half season collapses! EVERY single HC job he has had been the same! Think about that. Hmmm

Jerry I’d say he’s the biggest blame for that trend. I said it the day we hired him, he was a poor game manager, never won anything & his teams collapse. So far he’s changed nothing in his approach to succeeding

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, instead he was tearing it up in the Arena League, becoming one of the league's best players ever which got him noticed by several NFL teams.
So what?? He wasn’t GOOD enough to be in the NFL at the same age that Kyler was breaking RECORDS in the NFL

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what?? He wasn’t GOOD enough to be in the NFL at the same age that Kyler was breaking RECORDS in the NFL
Yawn. Age is just a number. Kurt also graduated college with a degree, adopted his girlfriend’s two children, and got married before making it to an NFL roster. In his first full NFL season (at 28) Warner won the MVP and the Super Bowl and set many passing records. Give me a true underdog over a diva any day.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you think that Murray’s talents as an NFL QB are laughable, then you are laughable.

Nothing to do with man crushes & EVERYTHING to do with waiting a lifetime for a QBOF. So sign the extremely talented kid & move on like you said.
You distorted my words out of context. You placed him above Warner, and I was speaking in comparison to Warner. KM has a long way to go to reach the heights of Warner's game.

Stout

Reaction score
This literally has nothing to do when comparing how good they are/were. KM has a million miles to go to match, let alone exceed, Warner. And before you go back to the irrelevant age thing, you and PA have declared KM is ALREADY better than Warner, which is patently false. Now, in the face of the ridiculous argument, it reads as if you're trying to compare them at age 24? Yeah, that didn't enter into the argument at all. Nice try.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Let’s hope Kyler makes his massive extension a no-brainer after next season. Kyler’s play down the end is the reason we have multiple 8+ page threads discussing his value as opposed to a Mahomes/Allen situation in which there’s no debate.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And we have someone touting a win against the 7-10 Seahawks as well.

Panthers was technically the worst QB'd game of the year in terms of QBR. Did they even win another game after beating us?

49ers was a great win. Even though they prepared for Kyler all week and as @Russ Smith pointed out kept their rookie/young safeties deep like they were going to get bombed by McCoy. Shanahan was p'od. However, it was a really good bounce-back win.

This isn't dog Kliff or prop Murray. Just saying both had a really small sample size without each other to judge.
And also to note that was in a span where Seattle put up something like 13 points in total in a 3 game span. Seattle was trash at that point RW3 was trash his first few games back from his injury.

***just did a quick fact check. Seattle’s scoring during RW3’s first 3 games back;

0 points vs GB
13 Points vs us
15 points vs WAS

Colt did a very good job for us in holding down the fort going 2-1 in this stretch but let’s not act like we were beating down the leagues finest. In fact, he beat a hapless Seattle team i which lost all 3 games in that stretch averaging 9.3 points PER A GAME. A SF team that was struggling it’s own right and prepping for Kyler all week and had one of the worse QBR’s of all QBs in the Carolina loss.

Context means an lot more than the IHKC tends to believe on several takes.

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yawn. Age is just a number. Kurt also graduated college with a degree, adopted his girlfriend’s two children, and got married before making it to an NFL roster. In his first full NFL season (at 28) Warner won the MVP and the Super Bowl and set many passing records. Give me a true underdog over a diva any day.
Blah blah blah bottom line at 24 Warner wasnt even in the NFL whike Kyler was breaking records abd has done so every year on the worst squad. So spare me.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This literally has nothing to do when comparing how good they are/were. KM has a million miles to go to match, let alone exceed, Warner. And before you go back to the irrelevant age thing, you and PA have declared KM is ALREADY better than Warner, which is patently false. Now, in the face of the ridiculous argument, it reads as if you're trying to compare them at age 24? Yeah, that didn't enter into the argument at all. Nice try.
He’s better then Warner at 24, that’s a fact.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blah blah blah bottom line at 24 Warner wasnt even in the NFL whike Kyler was breaking records abd has done so every year on the worst squad. So spare me.
Spare you? One is a Hall of Fame QB while the other may be a flash in the pan that never gets it together for a full season.

Stout

Reaction score
He’s better then Warner at 24, that’s a fact.
Wow, I didn't realize that being better than Warner at 24 means Kyler has won a Super Bowl. Or a playoff game. Or a game to clinch going to the playoffs or winning the division. Or...oh, yeah, any of the things Warner has accomplished, many times.

I mean, as far as lame attempts to bolster an already lame argument go, this is the lamest.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize that being better than Warner at 24 means Kyler has won a Super Bowl. Or a playoff game. Or a game to clinch going to the playoffs or winning the division. Or...oh, yeah, any of the things Warner has accomplished, many times.

I mean, as far as lame attempts to bolster an already lame argument go, this is the lamest.
True. With that argument McCoy is also better than Warner. So is Josh Rosen. Lame indeed.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You distorted my words out of context. You placed him above Warner, and I was speaking in comparison to Warner. KM has a long way to go to reach the heights of Warner's game.
True. Warner is in the HOF & rightfully so. And Murray has a long time to match that long way. Silly to argue about something like this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree. We have to pay a QB....and boom or bust with Murray will only be known with time.

But honestly, if I were keim...I'd call kyler into my office, show him a fantastic contract, then hand him a list of experienced reputable agents.
Tell him as soon as he fires that chump he has and retains an agent that knows the right way to do business....the contract is his.
Lol shooting the messenger . . . sigh . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well the entire reason Warner was brought into this conservation was to compare their two negotiating situations (as funny as that is), so warners age 24 season has literally ZERO relevance here.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The idiocy on this board never ceases to amaze me. When Warner was trying to get money out of our FO, didn’t he make a trip to our arch rivals… the Niners? So, were the same group that are criticizing Murray for doing what every QB should do, did you criticize Warner just as severely? No you didn’t. Everyone need to STHU & wait to see how it all plays out. Otherwise, you all look foolish.
Try again. Without the insults. Thanks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Let’s hope Kyler makes his massive extension a no-brainer after next season. Kyler’s play down the end is the reason we have multiple 8+ page threads discussing his value as opposed to a Mahomes/Allen situation in which there’s no debate.
I think that's the thing: if the team wanted and expected Kyler to play out the fourth year of his contract without an extension, we probably aren't having all this strum and drang — or at least it would make more sense. Because the front office is providing mixed messages, there's a lot of confusion, and you'd have an unhappy quarterback regardless, but at least the intensions are aligned.

Now we have an owner saying that he loves Kyler and wants to build to an extension sometime in late summer and an agent saying he wants the Cards to confirm their commitment to his client and negotiating through the press.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Wait name the records please. I see that he owns Cardinal records but not NFL records. Correct me if i am wrong. Meanwhile justin herbert i think has close to 10 NFL records in 2 years. I will wait.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your PS is stupid because the RECENT QB’s worth a damn like Mahomes & Allen have been extended after 3 years. Just like what Murray is asking for. And, as I have already demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt, Murray has already outperformed what Allen has done their first 3 years. And Murray has FAR more to do with our success than KK has. If you get your way, and Murray moves on, then you will be proven wrong. That I’m sure of.
3 day time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.