Murray's agent apparently broke off contact talks?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This doesn’t happen if the Cards are actually NEGOTIATING with Kyler’s people.

$200 million contracts aren’t done overnight, and they’re not done by August if the negotiations don’t start in May. The agent is clearly communicating that it’s not for lack of trying on his side that negotiations aren’t moving forward.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This doesn’t happen if the Cards are actually NEGOTIATING with Kyler’s people.

$200 million contracts aren’t done overnight, and they’re not done by August if the negotiations don’t start in May. The agent is clearly communicating that it’s not for lack of trying on his side that negotiations aren’t moving forward.
Bidwill might stick to the rigid philosophy of we don't about contracts until the summer...no no no no no...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If he does not want to play without a new contract (what's a 'contract' anyways because nobody seems to honor what they sign anymore), trade him and let his size and introvert ego be someone else's fun. I know, I know, about the whole "player wants security" but this has gotten to the point of being utter lunacy. Sure, pay him more than you know what he's worth due to him being concern about getting injured but why in the hell would you pay someone megabucks he's likely demanding if his stance is I need it because I do not think I can stay healthy... you want the money, you want a king's fortune, then earn that title because he should not be a charity case if that money is about him being on the field and WINNING!

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am so tired of all this Murray BS. I say get rid of the kid. Texans have a plethora of picks over next 3 years. They could, if they wanted Murray, give us the #3 overall, our #23, two R2 & R3s, & a R4 this year, plus a R1 in both '23 and '24 and it would still leave them with a complete draft thru '24: #13, a 3rd and 4th this year, plus a R1 in both '23, and '24. That is not bad getting your franchise QB on top of it all. (not even counting Rs 5-7 picks for both)

I would love to see it for the Cards. Get rid of a headache, strength our team considerably, and take Willis to replace Murray with that #3 pick, plus have our own R1, followed by 2 R2s, 3s, and 1 4th this year alone, plus 2 R1 the next 2 years foll &wing this one.

I would do this in a heart beat and think the Texans might just go for it too. What do you guys think?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am so tired of all this Murray BS. I say get rid of the kid. Texans have a plethora of picks over next 3 years. They could, if they wanted Murray, give us the #3, a R2,3,& 4 this year, plus a R1 in both '23 and '24 and it would still leave them with a complete draft thru '24: #13, a 3rd and 4th this year, plus a R1 in both '23, and '24. That is not bad getting your franchise QB on top of it all.

I would love to see it for the Cards. Get rid of a headache, strength our team considerably, and take Willis to replace Murray with that #3 pick, plus have our own R1, followed by 2 R2s, 3s, and 1 4th this year alone, plus 2 R1 the next 2 years following this one.

I would do this in a heart beat and think the Texans might just go for it too. What do you guys think?
I like Willis, but no way. You finally draft a high level pass rusher or finally get a high level offensive line prospect for the next QB.

Better off just waiting on Corral or Ridder with the 2nd round pick.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am so tired of all this Murray BS. I say get rid of the kid. Texans have a plethora of picks over next 3 years. They could, if they wanted Murray, give us the #3, a R2,3,& 4 this year, plus a R1 in both '23 and '24 and it would still leave them with a complete draft thru '24: #13, a 3rd and 4th this year, plus a R1 in both '23, and '24. That is not bad getting your franchise QB on top of it all.

I would love to see it for the Cards. Get rid of a headache, strength our team considerably, and take Willis to replace Murray with that #3 pick, plus have our own R1, followed by 2 R2s, 3s, and 1 4th this year alone, plus 2 R1 the next 2 years following this one.

I would rather get rid of the entire FO, then him. Honestly should just withdraw from the league. Year after year after year embarrassment.

Always next year! Right?

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This whole thing is nothing that should have happend. And from my point of view, it seems like, the FO does think that many of the problems in the second half of the season are because of Kyler Murray, that some think that KM isn't mature enough and with all this demands and demenor and so on, they seem right. I would love if we could get this kind of picks, since after this season, I don't know if I ever can see Kyler Murray put enough effort in to win it all. More talk than walk, very Rodgeresque ...

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I like Willis, but no way. You finally draft a high level pass rusher or finally get a high level offensive line prospect for the next QB.

Better off just waiting on Corral or Ridder with the 2nd round pick.
That is fine too. We could strengthen our team so much, we could certainly just let Colt run the team for a year till we settle on a long term QB. I will go for anything if we could make a deal like that with the Texans.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trust Keim with draft picks, y’all are living on another planet :bang::lmao::lmao:

Then y’all think the next qb he draft will be as good as Murray, I’ve never seen so many negative Nancy’s whose arguements weren’t built on logic in my life

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so tired of all this Murray BS. I say get rid of the kid. Texans have a plethora of picks over next 3 years. They could, if they wanted Murray, give us the #3 overall, our #23, two R2 & R3s, & a R4 this year, plus a R1 in both '23 and '24 and it would still leave them with a complete draft thru '24: #13, a 3rd and 4th this year, plus a R1 in both '23, and '24. That is not bad getting your franchise QB on top of it all. (not even counting Rs 5-7 picks for both)

I would love to see it for the Cards. Get rid of a headache, strength our team considerably, and take Willis to replace Murray with that #3 pick, plus have our own R1, followed by 2 R2s, 3s, and 1 4th this year alone, plus 2 R1 the next 2 years foll &wing this one.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am certainly leaning heavily in that direction. I’d be happy with a 1and 2 this year and next.

Reactions: PJ1

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Trust Keim with draft picks, y’all are living on another planet :bang::lmao::lmao:

Then y’all think the next qb he draft will be as good as Murray, I’ve never seen so many negative Nancy’s whose arguements weren’t built on logic in my life
Keim could make a mockery of it, I agree. But, thinking positive, and in a perfect world, just hire a retired ex-GM famous for his drafting skill to advice us on a draft like this.

As far as Murray is concerned, I have no faith in him whatsoever right now. But while other teams do, I personally would get as much of a haul for him as I could right now.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The agent pulled the offer off the table because it was comically low after the new deals were signed.

You want to be pissed at someone, blame the ineptness of the team in how they handled this off season.

Kyler got a fat raise by doing nothing.
I don't believe that for a minute. My take is actually completely the opposite. I have no doubt in my mind KM is delusional and thinks he's the best QB i the league. We've read how transcendent he thinks he is. I think the offer was to make him the highest paid player in the league, and they got pissy when we (quite rightly) laughed them out of the room.

Of course, all of this is speculation. I don't know any more than you do, and neither of us really know anything.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I didnt say anything about trusting Keim. Id expect him to do the opposite of anything trustworthy.

Malik Willis is Jalen Hurts part 2. No thanks.
I wont go that far. Jalen's arm is nowhere near as strong as Malik's and I'd say Malik is a touch faster.

However, Jalen is probably a better leader and might have a better feel for running an offense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson