UPDATE: Watson Suspended 11 games and fined $5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta say that's nuts. Online reports say the Falcons deal was a done deal but then the Browns directly told Watson and his agent we will give you whatever you want. 230 million, it's mostly guaranteed, NFL.com says "fully guaranteed". 45 million signing bonus.

He got a new contract before last season, got paid minus incentives while sitting out, and then gets a massive new contract to go to Cleveland.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has been saying it in literally every thread involving a trade-discussion about other QBs.
I don't have time to fully remember who posts what. I wish I did.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much is Murray worth after the Watson signing? How much will he get?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about a happy ending for Watson.

Gets traded a new deal and a contract that shields almost all of his money if he's suspended.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One correction on this from a lawyer friend. the 9 no bills thing does NOT mean 9 voted not enough evidence and 3 voted there was enough evidence. It means they voted not enough evidence on each of the 9 criminal complaints they heard. Friend says you don't know if it's unanimous or not they typically don't announce that in a grand jury case.

When I saw it being reported as 9 no bills they were suggesting that meant 3 of the people thought there was enough evidence but that's not true they just misunderstood the reporting, as did I.

So it could very well have been unanimous we don't know.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
One correction on this from a lawyer friend. the 9 no bills thing does NOT mean 9 voted not enough evidence and 3 voted there was enough evidence. It means they voted not enough evidence on each of the 9 criminal complaints they heard. Friend says you don't know if it's unanimous or not they typically don't announce that in a grand jury case.

When I saw it being reported as 9 no bills they were suggesting that meant 3 of the people thought there was enough evidence but that's not true they just misunderstood the reporting, as did I.

So it could very well have been unanimous we don't know.

The Browns are getting a lot of heat for not contacting the accusers prior to the trade. I mean if they’ve made up their mind in accepting Watson and the scrutiny that comes with it then they’re not going to speak with anyone to change their mind.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Browns gonna Brown

This was actually reported before that they might move one of the cases to Houston I think it was related to who filed it.

Story says the Browns knew about it. I would assume at this point they're on the hook, that is if if this one went differently and they charged him with something I don't think the Browns can void his contract and the trade I think they waived that right. My assumption is they must have had pretty good info that this was going to come out the same as the firstone.

Again the initial reports before were wrong the 9 No bills mean they said no to all 9 charges not that only 9 of the 12 voted not to press charges. So we have no idea if it was unanimous or not but all 9 charges is all that meant. To me that's significant the other way implied at least 25% of the people on the jury recommended charging him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It’s done
Attorney for the 22 women says there are 4 more not in the civil suit who may join and anticipates more will come forward to pursue criminal charges. Film at eleven...https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...her-charge-cleveland-browns-qb-deshaun-watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard