Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure why it matters who breaks it. Teams pretty much report their own info and any trade stuff is Woj/Shams.

It's the idea that local reporters who work closely with the team almost every day should have developed relationships whereby they learn of a breaking story earlier than national sources.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you guys wanted to know Suns inside stuff all you have to do is ask. I got you.

The Phoenix Suns are in a quandary as to why the the shooting guard they just paid 43 million dollars for is being outperformed by ELFRID EFING PAYTON!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you guys wanted to know Suns inside stuff all you have to do is ask. I got you.

The Phoenix Suns are in a quandary as to why the the shooting guard they just paid 43 million dollars for is being outperformed by ELFRID EFING PAYTON!
I would dispute that.

I still think he is playing better than Payton, although he is performing dismally.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would dispute that.

I still think he is playing better than Payton, although he is performing dismally.

Yeah, Shamet has stunk but lets not get crazy here. No one is out sucking Elfrid Payton.

Chris Paul playing 40 minutes last night is not something I want to see often, I hope they find a bargain bin 3rd PG soon, they clearly don't trust Payton, nor should they.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would dispute that.

There is a lot of difference in what the Suns are paying Shamet and what they are paying Payton.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
It's still amazing to me how the player who sets the pick, is always open in the pick and roll. I hope Ayton watches video like this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Actually, Ayton is getting lots of these similar touches on the pick and roll. The main difference is that Ayton only really dunks consistently if he's led on an alley-oop pass. On those short rolls he's more likely to throw a kickout pass or hook shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, Ayton is getting lots of these similar touches on the pick and roll. The main difference is that Ayton only really dunks consistently if he's led on an alley-oop pass. On those short rolls he's more likely to throw a kickout pass or hook shot.

Biyombo is really good at it. It's amazing how often the player who sets the screen is open on the roll to the basket.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biyombo is really good at it. It's amazing how often the player who sets the screen is open on the roll to the basket.
My Buddy thinks Biyombo if given the chance would outperform Ayton. He is even telling me they should lock him up long term instead of Ayton. He was also huge on the Shamet deal so there is that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My Buddy thinks Biyombo if given the chance would outperform Ayton. He is even telling me they should lock him up long term instead of Ayton. He was also huge on the Shamet deal so there is that.
That's quite a claim. I think it has been extremely visible just how different our interior difference has been with Ayton out. Ayton makes a HUGE difference, and I can't believe we're still talking about this. I love Biz, but we have had several recent games where there has been no defense at the basket. Guys were driving with impunity. And let's not forget about our offensive rebounding problems.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's quite a claim. I think it has been extremely visible just how different our interior difference has been with Ayton out. Ayton makes a HUGE difference, and I can't believe we're still talking about this. I love Biz, but we have had several recent games where there has been no defense at the basket. Guys were driving with impunity. And let's not forget about our offensive rebounding problems.
Oh, I don't disagree. See my last sentence. Although, I would be curious to see if there has been any falloff statistically with Ayton off the floor and Biyombo in. I have been swamped at work. I might take a look just out of curiosity. I do know that Biyombo is more efficient under the basket per minute likely because unlike Ayton he dunks the ball more often. Other than that I have not looked at anything.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's ridiculous.

Ayton is clearly the more gifted player. He's a much better defender and rebounder, and has the physical gifts to be a far better offensive player. The main difference between the two right now is Biz is the smarter player, but that gap should close with time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd say both Ayton and Biyombo should be locked up long term. I'd like to have McGee for more than one season as well.

I don't think Biyombo would out perform Ayton long term but there is not much difference right now. The hope is Ayton has more upside and of course he younger.

The jury is still out on Shamet. I keep waiting for him to be more consistent. From what I see, he should turn into a much better player than what he has shown.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's the idea that local reporters who work closely with the team almost every day should have developed relationships whereby they learn of a breaking story earlier than national sources.

I mean as fans we’re going to hear about it one way or another.

Btw whatever happened to Coro?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised he didn’t stick in the association.

Working at GCU is probably a pretty good job. Of course there were some rumors of why he left the Arizona Republic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard