Why you fire Kingsbury now

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha I’m actually very positive on the things in my life that don’t suck. Kliff and Keim just don’t fit that category.
All you have to do is look at the Suns board or the U of A board to see that when teams actually give people a legitimate reason to be optimistic... shockingly... they are!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that it’s happened in 13 straight seasons to kliff is, to me, deafening.
13? I know Kingsbury coached six years at Texas Tech & three with the Cardinals... what other four years are you counting?

The fact that it's happened three years in a row with the Cardinals is very concerning, and makes the pattern at Texas Tech suspicious; however, I already posted about the six years at Texas Tech: in every year, Kingsbury won nearly every game against below-.500 teams and lost almost every game against above-.500 teams. The fact that the schedule was backloaded with better teams every year entirely explains the fact that Texas Tech lost more games in the second half of every season.

...dave

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, to be accurate his last NINE seasons haven’t ended well. But let’s just ignore it and pretend the season only goes to 7 games

Right back at ya... Let's just ignore it and pretend and say that only the last 8 games matter ... Kinda sounds like your point is that if it weren't for Kliff Kingsbury then the Cards would have gone 17-0 or at least 15-2. Kinda bold predictions for a team that all the national media picked to go 9-8 this year and finish 3rd in the NFC West. It works both ways... I'm definitely not stating that Kingsbury is some end all be all of coaching. I was simply trying to state that Kliff Kingsbury has at least earned 1 more year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL and it didn't really happen in 2019 either.

The Cardinals finished their last 3 games going 2-1.

Are you doing any actual schedule analysis or just blindly parroting this narrative?

I went through and looked at the schedule every year for Texas Tech and saw a common trend. Texas Tech lost to OU, OSU, Baylor, and Texas. SHOCKER. Those teams losing to TT would be considered a strong upset. And in a game where talent rules, where clowns like Urban Meyer can dominate...not exactly the same thing as NFL ball.
Dude that’s the most disingenuous argument ever. What did the cardinals do after the first 7 games in 2019? Right. Try again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL and it didn't really happen in 2019 either.

The Cardinals finished their last 3 games going 2-1.

Are you doing any actual schedule analysis or just blindly parroting this narrative?

I went through and looked at the schedule every year for Texas Tech and saw a common trend. Texas Tech lost to OU, OSU, Baylor, and Texas. SHOCKER. Those teams losing to TT would be considered a strong upset. And in a game where talent rules, where clowns like Urban Meyer can dominate...not exactly the same thing as NFL ball.
Yup. Folded like a cheap linen suit in the games mattered. His M.O. fade and fetal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
13? I know Kingsbury coached six years at Texas Tech & three with the Cardinals... what other four years are you counting?

The fact that it's happened three years in a row with the Cardinals is very concerning, and makes the pattern at Texas Tech suspicious; however, I already posted about the six years at Texas Tech: in every year, Kingsbury won nearly every game against below-.500 teams and lost almost every game against above-.500 teams. The fact that the schedule was backloaded with better teams every year entirely explains the fact that Texas Tech lost more games in the second half of every season.

...dave
And confirms the fact that he’s never elevated his teams against good teams. Patterns. Consistent patterns. I’d have thought that was your thing, Dave.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right back at ya... Let's just ignore it and pretend and say that only the last 8 games matter ... Kinda sounds like your point is that if it weren't for Kliff Kingsbury then the Cards would have gone 17-0 or at least 15-2. Kinda bold predictions for a team that all the national media picked to go 9-8 this year and finish 3rd in the NFC West. It works both ways... I'm definitely not stating that Kingsbury is some end all be all of coaching. I was simply trying to state that Kliff Kingsbury has at least earned 1 more year.
A) if you think that’s my position you haven’t read this board much at all. I’ve very clearly stated that this kind of meltdown takes a bunch of contributors including, but not limited to, kyler, Vance, keim, and injuries. But yes, kliff and his EVERY SINGLE YEAR meltdowns.

B) I am a firm believer that you are who you are in the moment. At the end of the year this was not a good football team. That’s who we are at present.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And confirms the fact that he’s never elevated his teams against good teams. Patterns. Consistent patterns. I’d have thought that was your thing, Dave.
And yet he has been better than every elite coach college who has come to the NFL over the past few decades.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ha! Even with the slide, darkside was still wrong. :p
Dunno how you mean. I didn’t want to do this, but, I mean . . .

1. the defensive linemen that you were crowing about pretty much sucked.

2. AJ Green turned out to be hollow numbers.

3. JJ Watt didn’t stay healthy.

4. Conner was a surprise but also didn’t stay healthy.

5. Neither did Edmonds.

6. Neither did Hudson.

7. Neither did alford

8. The entire cornerback suite ended up poor by years end. Marco wasn’t ready for what was thrown at him.

9. Keims draft netted little performance this season. Again.

10. Chandler jones was thoroughly mediocre.

I think those were most of the darksiders takes preseason.

Oh, and you and I both predicted a similar range of final record, which finished at the high end of the range. So I guess we had a wash there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And yet he has been better than every elite coach college who has come to the NFL over the past few decades.
Who cares about those coaches? We are discussing kliff and his patterns. Slides to end EVERY SEASON HE HAS EVER BEEN A HEAD COACH and CAN’T WIN THE BIG GAMES. Thems just facts.