Why you fire Kingsbury now

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You didn't answer any of these questions. I even helped by answering one of the questions for you.

Now you want him to draft one or more in this next year?
Where is the track record?
Why do you possibly think that this can happen?
Maybe you both need to hug it out cause you're both thinking the same without saying so..lol. Fire GM. Which you'd probably both like. New GM drafts/FA pickups a new line. :). I'd be down with that. I want nothing to do with any of it if the first condition isn't met though.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OP bring up a lot of good points, but I haven't seen this one brought up much. Kliff has 1 year left on his deal. It's generally not a good idea to go into a season with a lame duck coach...although we could.

So if the choice is fire Kliff or sign him to an extension, it really makes the choice more difficult.

I'm not sure keeping him next year as a potential lame duck does anyone any good. But if we extend him, even as a gesture, and he craps the bed again...now we are on the hook for more dead money.

I would fire him and make a serious move for Flores, Bowles, Harbaugh, or the Bills OC.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hire this guy instead?!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rollouts are a lot harder to do from the shotgun. It won't be something we really use unless Kyler goes under center more.
Doesn’t matter point is only 3 times in 3 games that’s indefensible, offensive genius my ass! Even a high school OC can figure out ways to roll out and get him in space where he kills people! No KK wants slow developing straight drop back against a premier D line? Makes no sense the whole game plan was atrocious and KK sucks and should be fired!

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Zach Allen was quoted yesterday, saying “going 7 & 0 to start the season hid issues that were there all along.”

Wonder what “issues” he was referring to? Kyler issues? Kliffy issues? Hmmmmm…
Oooooo… where’s this quote?

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Zach Allen was quoted yesterday, saying “going 7 & 0 to start the season hid issues that were there all along.”

He was probably talking about VJ and his scheme issues? I cant see a D player talking about the offensive side of the ball?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Maybe referring to himself. When Zach Allen is a starter there is a major issue.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Maybe posters that were discussing issues during that run weren’t so off base if the players acknowledge they existed back then too . . . hmm . . .

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It reminds me of the shot they had during the game showing Murray and Kirk chatting on the sidelines when the game was basically over. I wish I could have read their lips. It appeared as they were kind of being quiet about what they were talking about.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Burns & Gambo quoted it yesterday afternoon. They actually said there is audio of it but they couldn't get the audio to play so they read the transcript.
Thanks.. something has to come out soon one way or another.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does anyone know how player exit interviews are typically done in a situation like this? Does the GM conduct a separate interview with the player than the coach so the player could be candid with both parties separately? IF Kliffy and VJs job let are actually in flux - do they even participate in these interviews?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you both need to hug it out cause you're both thinking the same without saying so..lol. Fire GM. Which you'd probably both like. New GM drafts/FA pickups a new line. :). I'd be down with that. I want nothing to do with any of it if the first condition isn't met though.
I'm sure we agree on some things, but not the major point. We can't get rid of half of our starters or more like he wants to, and replace them with better players. We don't have the money, or the ability to draft well enough to do that.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

I posted several of these but many on this board chose to count wins as more important than structural issues. In fact I got attacked for questioning how a team winning so much with an MVP QB could possibly have a bunch of issues. I’m impressed a player would speak out about this. I want to make it clear. These were just my opinions and I am not saying I have all the answers. In the movie Destry they talk about a guy that falls off a 5 story building and informs people on each floor he passes, “So far, so good.” I certainly could be wrong about some of my concerns. However, it’s important to keep in mind, wins can cover up deficiencies, but if you want to keep winning you have to fix those deficiencies. The Cards and many fans stayed worry-free until they paid the price.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Does anyone know how player exit interviews are typically done in a situation like this? Does the GM conduct a separate interview with the player than the coach so the player could be candid with both parties separately? IF Kliffy and VJs job let are actually in flux - do they even participate in these interviews?
Typically you first make the coaching decisions first. I would think Bidwill & his brain trust are discussing this now. This might include Keim, if secure. I’m expecting no changes. Next the head coach & DC meet with Keim. If there was an OC he’d be at that meeting. Then the GM meets with key influencers. That would be a guy like Fitz was. Between FA & Baker’s injury, it’s hard to ID a defensive player with whom to speak. That alone says volumes. If a coach is not involved, his job is in jeopardy. On offense I’d think they’d talk with Hopkins, Hudson and maybe Murray. The fact that the latter isn’t a certainty also says much. I’ve recommended a Bideill-Murray meeting without coaches takes place.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Typically you first make the coaching decisions first. I would think Bidwill & his brain trust are discussing this now. This might include Keim, if secure. I’m expecting no changes. Next the head coach & DC meet with Keim. If there was an OC he’d be at that meeting. Then the GM meets with key influencers. That would be a guy like Fitz was. Between FA & Baker’s injury, it’s hard to ID a defensive player with whom to speak. That alone says volumes. If a coach is not involved, his job is in jeopardy. On offense I’d think they’d talk with Hopkins, Hudson and maybe Murray. The fact that the latter isn’t a certainty also says much. I’ve recommended a Bideill-Murray meeting without coaches takes place.
Thanks Harry.. it would seem foolish not enough to have a Bidwill/Kiem 1 on 1 with a few of the key leaders for sure.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In Bidwill vs Murray meeting, Keim will be under the desk. Bidwill doesn't sneeze at a football without Keim around. Keim in all likelihood will prevent a Bidwill Murray meet.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems we have a few of those on this board. They are either not very intelligent or not very mature. The reason they use childish names is because they are ''childish'' imo.
You people are hilarious at getting offended by the name Kliffy. I’m sure you get offended by CoachBro as well. It’s funny as the only other individual that was complaining about “Kliffy” was also fully willing to utilize the name “Rapisberger” for a Quarterback that was never convicted of rape.

If you get offended by adding “Y” at the end of someone’s name in a motion to represent how “green” a coach is then you must be offended by your own shadow when you wake up in the morning. (Getting offended on a sports fan message board I might add). Go explain that to someone out loud and realize how ridiculous that is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave