Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Im pretty sure he's targeting him enough. I'd argue the Colts game he targeted him too much with the forced throws into double coverage.

Also you're wrong about 2 targets Harry. It was a forced target to Ertz down the field when Wesley was open underneath on a route. Could he have got the 24 yards for the 1st down? Idk. However, we'll never know cause he forced it to Ertz.
I looked up the play by play and you‘re right, he was targeted 4 times In the first half. That’s still too few.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I mentioned earlier the team believed Watt would play Monday. Now I’m hearing he’s told others he expects to play but the amount of snaps well depend on how his conditioning holds up.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I looked up the play by play and you‘re right, he was targeted 4 times In the first half. That’s still too few.
It was fine as he was taking what the defense gave him. The big miss was in the 2nd half.

24-17 with all the momentum. And instead of throwing to a wide open Ertz on 3rd and 1 he threw it to AJ Green who messed up his route.

I really think he was trying to get him his incentives and it backfired a bit at times.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was fine as he was taking what the defense gave him. The big miss was in the 2nd half.

24-17 with all the momentum. And instead of throwing to a wide open Ertz on 3rd and 1 he threw it to AJ Green who messed up his route.

I really think he was trying to get him his incentives and it backfired a bit at times.
Taking what the defense gave him? We scored 3 points on offense in the first half.

We were actually pretty pathetic overall on offense against the Seahawks. Scoreboard shows 30 points but 7 came on a defense TD and the D also gave Kyler the ball at the 2 yard line.

The O... against an awful D, essentially put up 16 points.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Taking what the defense gave him? We scored 3 points on offense in the first half.

We were actually pretty pathetic overall on offense against the Seahawks. Scoreboard shows 30 points but 7 came on a defense TD and the D also gave Kyler the ball at the 2 yard line.

The O... against an awful D, essentially put up 16 points.
You can take what the defense gave and still not be productive. He was finding the open man and moving the ball.

1st drive he had the matchup with AJ it just wasnt a good enough ball/AJ didnt fight to draw the PI

2nd drive was a long time consuming drive that ended with Conner not converting a 3rd and 1.

3rd drive was sort of wiped out by the illegal shift from Kirk costing 31 yards, then a holding call the next play

4th drive he was sacked to end the drive

We had just 4 incompletions, but 65 yards passing wiped out by penalties.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting stats. Also come Monday that Rams defense will be fielding new signal caller and possibly missing 2 leading tacklers. Only problem is that it all means nothing if Donald shows up as his usual self against Cards smh.

P.S: Reading that Reeder most likely signal caller. Rams fans don't seem to be too pleased with him this season.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting stats. Also come Monday that Rams defense will be fielding new signal caller and possibly missing 2 leading tacklers. Only problem is that it all means nothing if Donald shows up as his usual self against Cards smh.

P.S: Reading that Reeder most likely signal caller. Rams fans don't seem to be too pleased with him this season.
Curious if the Rams follow the Seahawks blueprint on taking away some of the middle passes. Keeping in Conner/Chase to block should be a good counter although that takes away a couple of our better pass catchers.

Attachments

• 1642212564911.png
    1642212564911.png
    195 KB · Views: 7
  • 1642212600273.png
    1642212600273.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1642212632682.png
    1642212632682.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1642212755618.png
    1642212755618.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 7

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Stafford is 0-3 in the playoffs.

He has this reputation of being a choker and that's got to play on his mind. There's more pressure on Stafford in this game than any game in his career. He's not at crappy Detroit anymore who just scrapped a playoff spot. He's at the division winners. A team that are "All in" and that has invested heavily in FA's to make a Superbowl run this year.

And with his recent form of 8 INT's in his last 4 games he's under massive pressure not to screw this up.

Got to get after Stafford early and that might be the game. Again, Watt is a huge part of this.

JJ Watt is probably the difference between winning and losing on Monday. I'm not saying we can't win without him, but I like our chances a whole lots more with him.
My only concern is as poorly as he’s played, Stafford’s literal best game of the year was against us in week 14.

It’s like playing the Cardinals is the “get right” tonic lol

I’m just praying for a healthy Watt & Phillips to show up and wreak havoc up the middle. It’s imperative that he is is harassed, hit, and knocked down. C’mon Vance, we need you to dial up the pressure and confusing looks!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only concern is as poorly as he’s played, Stafford’s literal best game of the year was against us in week 14.

It’s like playing the Cardinals is the “get right” tonic lol

I’m just praying for a healthy Watt & Phillips to show up and wreak havoc up the middle. It’s imperative that he is is harassed, hit, and knocked down. C’mon Vance, we need you to dial up the pressure and confusing looks!
It’s really one if the only times he’s played well the entire second half of the season. Against us... bad the Jags.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The loss of a #1 WR. It'll really be something if we somehow win 1 or more games without him. Cause if we do somehow get him back I think we win it all. Its just getting there.

The only answer would be Kyler going off running the football for a couple games.
I’m with you man. It doesn’t feel realistic to win a championship without him…But if Watt & HOPKINS are out there, we can beat anyone.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind the Rams are going to go after his left side. I’d want us to to the same if it were Donald.
Yeah I was already thinking about this. Wonder if the Rams try and target it and yank on it and what not.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This reminds me of when we played Green Bay the year we got smoked by them last game of the season. Then in the playoff game we went crazy. In still the best playoff game I have ever seen. 51-45. In OT
That team didn't go 1-4 down the stretch with losses to 3 garbage non playoff teams

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This reminds me of when we played Green Bay the year we got smoked by them last game of the season. Then in the playoff game we went crazy. In still the best playoff game I have ever seen. 51-45. In OT
Highest point total in nfl playoff history still to this day

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose