Black Monday 2022 edition

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the fortnite years while you can...my oldest came home with a bracelet made by his girlfriend from her bra strap.
It's a Tik Tok thing the girls are into. Basically like a dog marking a fire hydrant. "Mine!" :)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
2 HC names getting thrown around are Byron Leftwich and Kellen Moore.

I don't understand how they can be serious contenders for 1 of 32 NFL HC opportunities with such limited coaching experience.

Leftwich has 4 years (total) coaching experience and Moore only has 3. They have never been responsible for leading people in this way.

HUGE gap IMO and not worth the risk at this point.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Why his past only an issue if he’s a head coach? If he can be a top coordinator I doubt it’s prevents him from being HC.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

I don't understand how they can be serious contenders for 1 of 32 NFL HC opportunities with such limited coaching experience.

Leftwich has 4 years (total) coaching experience and Moore only has 3. They have never been responsible for leading people in this way.

Leftwich played in the league for years and has been thought of as a great leader all the way to his days at Marshall.

Him to Jax makes too much sense.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Bienemy must be a bad interview. To be the hot candidate for that long and go on that many interviews tells me he just must come across bad.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea I’ll pass on hiring OCs that had Brady or Peyton as their QBs.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bienemy must be a bad interview. To be the hot candidate for that long and go on that many interviews tells me he just must come across bad.
I wonder if he’s holding out for the KC job for the day Andy Reid retires. I believe Andy’s had some health issues and he’s no spring chicken. But it is weird his name always comes up for openings but he never gets hired.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Arians has been grooming Leftwich since they were here in AZ.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Arians has been grooming Leftwich since they were here in AZ.

Agreed. That being said, no matter how much grooming someone gets in 3-4 years, it's highly unlikely they become a CEO of a 1B organization (with that limited amount of experience/resume).Just trying to make an analogy.

Has there been another person hired as an NFL HC with only 3-4 years of total coaching experience (at any level)?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After last nights debacle, what are the odds the Cowboys fire McCarthy and hire Dan Quinn as HC?
Quinn or Moore to keep them in house would be my bet. IF they fire McCarthy, which I'm not sure Jerruh will do.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t see McCarthy getting axed now. I do see him being on an extremely short leash next season.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brian Flores would be a great match for Dallas.
I’m hoping he’s Houston bound since all Texans games are broadcast here along the Gulf Coast. After the country club David Culley ran, Flores would be an ideal fit and I believe he’s whom the Texans are courting. The problem for them is, of course, why would Flores want to head to Houston given that he’s a hot commodity who has other, better options?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m hoping he’s Houston bound since all Texans games are broadcast here along the Gulf Coast. After the country club David Culley ran, Flores would be an ideal fit and I believe he’s whom the Texans are courting. The problem for them is, of course, why would Flores want to head to Houston given that he’s a hot commodity who has other, better options?
Reports have it he wants to have Deshaun Watson as his QB. Would Houston hire Flores and keep Watson (if he'd retract his trade demands)?

Interesting situation. I agree that Flores will probably have better options, Houston is a dumpster fire from the ownership on down.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Agreed but Houston has almost zero talent right now. IF they could get Watson back, then they could be good quickly.

If not, this is a total rebuild.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose