Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kellan Olson

@KellanOlson

·
1m

Monty Williams had a neat way of describing the difference between playing the 4 and the 5 in regards to Jalen Smith. Said at the 5 you're watching the movie behind the play but the 4 has you in the movie where you're seeing different angles.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder why it took so long to make this decision to have surgery.

Hopefully this means Frank Kaminsky will play again this season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is more about Frank Kaminsky.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Flex From Jersey knew what was going on with Frank Kaminsky. Just saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder why it took so long to make this decision to have surgery.

Hopefully this means Frank Kaminsky will play again this season.

My guess is they were hoping time and rehab would do the trick. If none of that did and now he has to have surgery, I wouldn’t expect much from him back this year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is they were hoping time and rehab would do the trick. If none of that did and now he has to have surgery, I wouldn’t expect much from him back this year.

The addition of Bismack Biyombo makes even more sense now.

Also I would like to hear an update on Abdel Nader.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear a heartfelt thank you for his time in Phoenix and best wishes for his future, elsewhere.

Yeah, I don't think he will play again for the Suns this season. I don't understand why there is not more information on his status out there.

I'd like to plug Justin Jackson or someone else into that roster spot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate end of the bench players who are trying to live their dream. When fans unduly criticize these players it bothers me.

I'm glad it bothers Chris Paul as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just need to find a way to do it. Maybe in a trade with a second round pick or something.

Just cut Nader. His deal isn't guaranteed next season. Sure, they'd lose some cash but they'll do that anyways since it's unlikely he'll play any time soon. Plus it saves Monty from himself because he seems deadset on using him for some reason.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just cut Nader. His deal isn't guaranteed next season. Sure, they'd lose some cash but they'll do that anyways since it's unlikely he'll play any time soon. Plus it saves Monty from himself because he seems deadset on using him for some reason.
He showed some exciting flashes before his injury, his biggest problem was that he'd make a great move and then all too often he'd fail to finish. But since he returned from that injury he's been a shell of the marginal though somewhat intriguing player he had been. I agree it's past time to move on from him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's hard to see Nader coming back. I guess it all depends on how the Suns want to make room on their roster if they want to make another move. Cutting him would be the easiest.

If the Suns do clear a roster spot it will be interesting if they use the partial $4.5 million MLE they have remaining.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He showed some exciting flashes before his injury, his biggest problem was that he'd make a great move and then all too often he'd fail to finish. But since he returned from that injury he's been a shell of the marginal though somewhat intriguing player he had been. I agree it's past time to move on from him.

Only guessing but I think Nader is still injured. He hasn't been quite the same since his first injury with the Suns.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I liked him last season. He appeared to be a serviceable rotation guy but then when he got hurt that was it. He's looked really bad this season. Of course he looked bad in the playoffs last year but I thought that had to do with being out for 2-3 months with an injury and throwing him out there at the worst time possible.

For some reason though Monty keeps playing him. Who knows why. He does hustle but that can be said about anyone on the roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last I have heard of Nader is when @Phrazbit saw him behind the Suns bench in a game on 12-16-2021.

I wish they would show a better shot of the bench area in games.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last I have heard of Nader is when @Phrazbit saw him behind the Suns bench in a game on 12-16-2021.

I wish they would show a better shot of the bench area in games.

If you're on Twitter then send a tweet to a Suns reporter like Kellan Olson or Duane Rankin. They're good about responding to decent questions. Ask if there is a timeline on Nader and if he's been on the bench.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're on Twitter then send a tweet to a Suns reporter like Kellan Olson or Duane Rankin. They're good about responding to decent questions. Ask if there is a timeline on Nader and if he's been on the bench.

That's advanced tweeting. I'm not certified yet. :wink2:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The next game I have tickets to is the 28th... if we don't have an update by that point then be sure to remind me and I will keep an eye out for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next game I have tickets to is the 28th... if we don't have an update by that point then be sure to remind me and I will keep an eye out for him.

Kellan Olson recently saw Abdel Nader on the court shooting so this would seem to be an encouraging development.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klay Thompson's return might be big boost for Golden State who is already neck and neck with us. He scores 17 in his return. That's going to be huge for them if he is around that clip. To me it just hammers home the Suns can't stand pat. They have to make another move if we are going to beat Golden State and get out of the West. Other teams will not stand pat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klay Thompson's return might be big boost for Golden State who is already neck and neck with us. He scores 17 in his return. That's going to be huge for them if he is around that clip. To me it just hammers home the Suns can't stand pat. They have to make another move if we are going to beat Golden State and get out of the West. Other teams will not stand pat.

I think the Suns will make another move. Justin Jackson might be as good as anybody available right now. The Suns will probably look at spinoffs from trades and buyouts.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Problem is we have very little in assets to do anything, and Sarver does not want to bring in long term guarenteed salary.

If they do anything, I expect it to be pretty minor in impact.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose