Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the fun of it, the Suns have five keepers at center: Ayton, McGee, Kaminsky, Smith and Biyombo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns road game with Pistons has been rescheduled.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Julie Fie shifting to alumni relations as is Mark West.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Poor Dario.
Dario is not a center - well he really doesn't have a position.

May not be a popular opinion but I very much hope we trade him, I just don't like his game - and his contract.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the fun of it, the Suns have five keepers at center: Ayton, McGee, Kaminsky, Smith and Biyombo.
I still see smith as more of a power forward - at least with his skinny frame, that's what I think he should be.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario is not a center - well he really doesn't have a position.

May not be a popular opinion but I very much hope we trade him, I just don't like his game - and his contract.
I like his game a lot when I like his game, I just don't like how often I don't like his game.

Get him healthy, get him trimmed down and in great shape, and he's a very good asset to have. Otherwise, he's not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still see smith as more of a power forward - at least with his skinny frame, that's what I think he should be.

Jalen Smith should eventually develop into a 4 but he currently has the game of a center.

However, I think he can transition to the power forward position. He can hit the mid-range shot and he is only 21.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have trouble reading articles or watching video that looks back at the Finals even though last season was a huge success.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are capping SixthMan memberships leaving 5,000 tickets for game-to-game purchases.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Devin Booker is much improved on making 3-point jumpers off the dribble this season.

Book’s 3pt shooting % is the highest it’s been in 5 years and his 2pt fg% is the lowest in 5 years. Overall his TS% is lowest in 17-18’.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book’s 3pt shooting % is the highest it’s been in 5 years and his 2pt fg% is the lowest in 5 years. Overall his TS% is lowest in 17-18’.

Hopefully everything evens out at a higher level.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are capping SixthMan memberships leaving 5,000 tickets for game-to-game purchases.

They sell single game tickets for nearly triple the face value of season tickets. If the demand is there it makes sense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the one thing I really hoped he would improve this season, but I doubted it would happen.

He is truly an elite offensive player now. He really does not have any weakness.

Just wish Ayton found a way to improve on offense like Book seems to every year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the one thing I really hoped he would improve this season, but I doubted it would happen.

He is truly an elite offensive player now. He really does not have any weakness.

Just wish Ayton found a way to improve on offense like Book seems to every year.
Doesn't this almost always seem to be the case with young big men? Seems like at every level when I played, probably you all too, there was some huge kid on the team that played sorta soft. I always imagined what I could do if I had that body instead of my sg game in a pg body.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Doesn't this almost always seem to be the case with young big men? Seems like at every level when I played, probably you all too, there was some huge kid on the team that played sorta soft. I always imagined what I could do if I had that body instead of my sg game in a pg body.
Yup. In law school we had a great intramural team. 6’3 SF, 6’4 PF, and two guys 6’5 and 6’6 that manned center. Neither of them were great athletes but the 6’6 guy was at least big. And SOFT. SSSSSOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOFT. To his face I called him soft serve bc of how frustrated I would get with him. I could effectively guard him in the post and I’m 5’11. Granted I was strong and savvy guarding bigger guys, but he had more than half a foot on me and easily 50lbs. Always killed me about what I could do with that size.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is 2nd in the league in 3-point percentage among players with at least 100 attempts.