Who is Kyler Murray?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's too short to be a full-service QB in today's NFL. That's probably why half the snaps are on the ground and the other half are over his head. He's not the guy.
I haven’t seen a single snap go over his head. On the ground and to the right or left of him? All the time. Over his head? Naw.

BigCardsFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even the awful Cardinals of yesteryear had a Center who could snap the ball correctly.

Dammit Keim might even be the worst GM in Cards history

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's too short to be a full-service QB in today's NFL. That's probably why half the snaps are on the ground and the other half are over his head. He's not the guy.
Get that garbage out of here haven’t seen one snap over his head! Just spewing nonsense obviously don’t even watch him play. It would be so Cardinals to scrap this team and QB only to have him go somewhere and torture us for the next decade plus wearing a different uni! Show me all the QBs who were overnight legends I’ll wait….

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not sticking my head in the sand. What you are saying is Kliff CANT Get Kyler to do the little things then that falls on him.
I just think it’s like trying to have your home run hitter try to bunt. If Kyler can’t or won’t do the little things then whittle the play book down to 5 plays until he does.
Kyler has the talent to play in this league but he has shown a propensity to not find the right receiver at times. Even when he is successful it seems there is/was a higher pct. throw available for him.
Is it Kyler? Is it Kliff? Is it the play calling. Is it the complexity? Is it the lack of adapting throughout the season and opponent. Probably a little of all the above.
I mean it is both, but good QBs in the league help their playcaller by getting into the right play. They don't just run the call regardless. Kyler running the play that is called is not bad, but it is also not doing any extra.

Understanding you are protected, holding onto the ball longer, and taking a shot downfield is doing the extra. Understanding you aren't protected, shifting protection and getting to a hot read is doing extra. Kyler doesn't seem to be doing these things.

You say whittle down the playbook but it is not the playbook that is the problem. Kyler knows all of the plays. What he is struggling with is reading the defense pre-snap and then confirming post-snap. This is because he is apparently not doing the extra film study that is required of young QBs to know and understand the defenses in the league and how they are going to attack him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would appreciate Kyler not telling the world he doesn't watch a ton of tape.

But these are fair points:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would appreciate Kyler not telling the world he doesn't watch a ton of tape.

But these are fair points:

Yea, it was stupid with Cam just like it’s stupid with him. Just because he isn’t doing a bunch of stupid nonsensical rah-rah BS like Baker Mayfield doesn’t mean he’s not rallying the guys. Unless you’re sitting right behind the bench at the games, nobody knows.

Montanaman

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a single snap go over his head. On the ground and to the right or left of him? All the time. Over his head? Naw.
I've watched every game and there have been a few snaps over his head or high enough where he couldn't handle them. A few were he was not ready for the snap. It's a bad combination to have a 5'9 QB who operates mostly from the gun and centers who can't seem to do a simple task like snapping a ball.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
I mean you can blame Kliff but you are sticking your head in the sand. The main thing Kliff has failed at is getting Kyler to want to do the little things and the extra things. Outside of that, the best argument is that Kyler is making Kliff's offense look worse than it is because outside of off-script plays, he doesn't do anything extra to help the offense. Doesn't audible, doesn't use a bunch of progressions, and doesn't create throwing lanes.
Kyler is the real boos. We know this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've watched every game and there have been a few snaps over his head or high enough where he couldn't handle them. A few were he was not ready for the snap. It's a bad combination to have a 5'9 QB who operates mostly from the gun and centers who can't seem to do a simple task like snapping a ball.
I e watched every game and I’ll repeat, I haven’t seen a single snap over his head. They’ve all been low or to one side or the next. Anyone recall any over his head? I can’t recall even a single one.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I e watched every game and I’ll repeat, I haven’t seen a single snap over his head. They’ve all been low or to one side or the next. Anyone recall any over his head? I can’t recall even a single one.
I too, can not recall a single game with one over his head. If there are any, I’d bet there is only 1…which would at that point have to be deemed an anomaly, not a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA