Inject positive Cards media into my veins

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, no one knew Byron would step up like he did, many pegged him as slot. Marco was also a surprise (as a rookie anyway). Alford playing well/not injured is also a big gamble. We just got lucky. We could have essily had an awful secondary, coverage wise.

Our pass rush is lacking now though, so our secondary has taken a hit. But it comes down to injuries in the end. What happens if Alford/Murphy goes down?
Same can be said of EVERY team in the league for the most part. With few exceptions.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To be fair, no one knew Byron would step up like he did, many pegged him as slot. Marco was also a surprise (as a rookie anyway). Alford playing well/not injured is also a big gamble. We just got lucky. We could have essily had an awful secondary, coverage wise.
I dont think the secondary has played any differently than Keim/Kingsbury said they would.

Murphy was fine last year. Murphy being terrible was as big a myth as Sasquatch around this forum. Murphy was literally 2 QB Rating above average last year, so it wasn't a stretch to think he would get better in year three.

Personally I'm only slightly surprised and I know a few other posters like @BritCard also believed the secondary wasn't a weakness.

I'm surprised that the run defense is as bad as its been.
Our pass rush is lacking now though, so our secondary has taken a hit. But it comes down to injuries in the end. What happens if Alford/Murphy goes down?
This can be said about most teams though.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kay and to some degree Shrags have been on the wagon.

Kyle Brandt could not be less interested. Still thinks were just the Cardinals.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Seems like the media mostly talks about how bad the team the Cards beat is, not how good the Cards are. They were short handed, in a slump, QB was rusty, anything so they don't have to say the Cards are the best team in Football.....

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Peter King talks about Colt and the Cardinals and Peter's interview with Colt after the Seahawks game starting at exactly around 6:00 into this video:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's a great listen and insight into Colt. Peter also reminded me of the horrific hit James Harrison laid on Colt when he was on the Browns. :eek:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Seems like the media mostly talks about how bad the team the Cards beat is, not how good the Cards are. They were short handed, in a slump, QB was rusty, anything so they don't have to say the Cards are the best team in Football.....
Spot on. Cards beat the Seahawks. “is this the end of the Pete Carrol era?”. Cards beat the Niners. “Should Kyle Shanahan be on the hot seat?”

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Key-Sham Johnson on the new Kellerman show discussing his “Real” rankings called KC Chiefs the best team in the NFL w/ Cards #5. He’s such a hater. He’s crossed into Paul Pierce territory.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alford is the good news

Marco Wilson is playing ... like a rookie. The silver lining? The Cards are getting Pat P performance from the 4th round rookie.

He played well on Sunday. He was our 2nd highest graded defender per PFF with something like 71.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He played well on Sunday. He was our 2nd highest graded defender per PFF with something like 71.
i agree that he played well

the big picture is that he is a starter on a defense that is top tier in terms of defending the pass, third down conversion rate, etc.

i think his stats may suffer because of the three CBs on the field in passing downs for the Cards, Wilson is the one i would target just by default.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
i agree that he played well

the big picture is that he is a starter on a defense that is top tier in terms of defending the pass, third down conversion rate, etc.

i think his stats may suffer because of the three CBs on the field in passing downs for the Cards, Wilson is the one i would target just by default.
Remember when Malcom Butler retired and we all thought OMG the secondary is toast. Now they are the best unit in the league. Ladies and gentlemen--- i give you , the NFL.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Remember when Malcom Butler retired and we all thought OMG the secondary is toast. Now they are the best unit in the league. Ladies and gentlemen--- i give you , the NFL.
Man.... I forgot about Butler. Wonder if he regrets it a bit now.