Cardinals 2021 enter the Cardinals 2020 spiral of death

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Right, because they're playing with a full squad of...oh, wait, they're a middling at best unit who's scored like 1 TD in forever playing with a nobody backup. So, no, it doesn't matter as much. Especially to those homers crowing about sitting KM for three or so games because Colt would be way good enough. Laughable.
Did you see what the Broncos did to the Cowboys last week this happens? Backup offense vs. the #2 defense and we can't stop CMC. McCaffery is healthy like 5 games a season and this is one of them. From the looks of it they are overusing him and he's going to hurt himself next week if not by the end of today. Its not like we let PJ Walker light us up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The packers are a good team. We played them well. We certainly didn’t look horrible. Shoulda won. Let’s not overstate it.
We looked horrible the first half 100%. And they were a walking mash unit missing multiple starters on the oline and both starting WRs. Let’s not make them more than they were in that game.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some posters correctly called it heading into this game. Said they had a baaaaaad feeling about this week.

They've said that every week mind you :p

But there was lots tonight and some against the Packers that would have us worried, on both sides of the ball.

Is it an event or a trend? - one of my old coaches used to ask. Twice in three weeks, hmmm. Next week will tell us plenty.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some posters correctly called it heading into this game. Said they had a baaaaaad feeling about this week.

But there was lots tonight and some against the Packers that would have us worried, on both sides of the ball.

Is it an event or a trend? - one of my old coaches used to ask. Twice in three weeks, hmmm. Next week will tell us plenty.
Until Murray is 100% the expectation should be that Cards are below average team.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

We haven't said that every week. Not at all, actually. I know I've only said it THIS week, so...

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cowboys were trailing to The Broncos last week 30-0. The Eagles just beat them. Buffalo scored 6 points against the Jaguars. The Washington team beat the Bucs. Every team has had a bad game. And we had one missing major players. The turnover right off the bat was bad then going for it on 4th down out Ya in a hole we couldn’t get out of.
If we beat Seattle next week and they didn’t look good today at all. Then we are right there. We play 2 teams the rest of the way with winning records. We should still win 13 games at the worst. Get in the playoffs and anything can happen

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There is always a stinker game for every team in a long season

This week it is Cardinals turn against the Panthers.

Don't get me wrong Cardinals will make the playoffs. And they deserve it for starting 7-0.

But this unshakable feeling starting to creep in that 2021 Cardinals are looking similar to 2020 Cardinals who started their slow spiral of death around mid season last year. To make matters worse, Murray's injury trajectory in 2021 looks worse than 2020.

Can they eject out of this spiral of death?
Why do you state in your title suggesting that this is a complete spiral of 'death' but then think we will still make the playoffs... click bait often, because you should have said they are on the rim lol

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to hear a single poster minimizing this game or mocking anyone for having concerns. This kind of chickenshit outing is exactly how it starts. We have excuses for not winning, sure, though with the other team's situation, those excuses are pretty thin. We have ZERO excuses for looking like the Detroit Lions.
Lol every team has had a game like this. Every single team. This is so over the top. In January it will feel like this game never happened.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kansas City has looked like ass all year tonight they lot it up. Everyone now will be on the KC bandwagon lol. Mahomes is back.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just like we can't crown ourselves after a great win like vs the Niners we can't be doom and gloom about 1 bad loss.

It was always going to happen. Bucs just got beat by WFT. Cowboys got spanked by Denver last week. Bills got beat by Jags. Titans got beat by Jets. Packers got spanked game 1.

Happens to everyone during a season, I'd rather if was against the Panthers than the Seahawks.

On saying that this game was winnable. Such a bad game plan on both sides of the ball. We were beat before we started.

I have some sympathy for the defense because they were on the field so much, Kliff's offensive plan was the exact opposite of what you want to do vs the Panthers. Intermediate vertical routes, slants, crossers etc beats them all the time. All the horizontal stuff is exactly what they are good at defending.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except this is 2 losses in 3 games. Didn’t look good against undermanned packers either.
Huh????

I expect this from the national media but not people on this board. We were the undermanned team in that game.

Hudson DHop Watt Jones Peters
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Adams

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay. And when Kyler sits again and the Seahawks beat us--let's face it, Colt's leading us nowhere--how are you going to feel?

Seahawks defense ain't the Panthers defense. Seahawks defense isn't even the Niners defense.

There's as much chance of McCoy playing like he did vs the Niners than he did vs the Panthers. Kliff takes a big chunk of the blame for that too, dialed up all the wrong plays, never gave McCoy a chance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose