Is Kyler playing this week?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope he sits out this game, it's not worth the risk of him re-aggravating the injury. This is a home game against a lowly Carolina team with PJ Walker starting at qb. Even if Murray and Hopkins are both out again there's no way we lose this game.

Famous last words from Ravens fans prior to Thursday night's confrontation with the Dolphins.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Selfishly I want him to play because I'm taking my 6 year-old son to his first regular season game and K1 is his favorite player. I also selfishly want Kyler to play to keep him in the running for MVP.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Something tells me we shouldn’t even fight for the number one because we play better on the road. But I know we will.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Selfishly I want him to play because I'm taking my 6 year-old son to his first regular season game and K1 is his favorite player. I also selfishly want Kyler to play to keep him in the running for MVP.
Ship might have sailed once he got hurt on that run. Still think if we kept passing we win and now he's in the driver seat for MVP.

Now its just Tom Brady and everyone else. It is what it is. Now its about trying to secure the #1 seed.

Super Bowl MVP > MVP.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I feel 80% yes

Baring a set back I don't think he would have practiced today if they weren't hopeful he would start.
Agreed. This allows them to see how the ankle responds the next two mornings. My guess, he goes.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean in the broadcast I thought they said Kyler had a high ankle sprain, just like Chase. I know everyone has said 1-3 weeks as his time table, but high ankle sprains take normal athletes 6-12 weeks to heal. I'm really worried about rushing him back too soon and ending his season/worse. Even if he plays, I believe Kyler will be less mobile than Colt for the next month or two.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean in the broadcast I thought they said Kyler had a high ankle sprain, just like Chase. I know everyone has said 1-3 weeks as his time table, but high ankle sprains take normal athletes 6-12 weeks to heal. I'm really worried about rushing him back too soon and ending his season/worse. Even if he plays, I believe Kyler will be less mobile than Colt for the next month or two.
The Athletic has a weekly "Injury Mailbag" column in which impactful player injuries are discussed. Kyler Murray's ankle was the lead issue this week.
A team of doctors and data scientists [created] an algorithm to evaluate the impact that injuries have on a player. This algorithm powers all of our analysis and determines each player’s Injury Risk, Health Performance Factor and Optimal Recovery Time. This isn’t just made up numbers and data. It’s based on years of medical experience and historical injury research and has proven to be incredibly accurate in determining how injuries will impact a player’s performance and risk of future injuries.
Here's what they had to say about Murray's situation:
During the Thursday night game in Week 8, Murray suffered an eversion sprain to his left ankle. He was rolled up on, causing the foot to roll outward. This is different from the most common type of sprain when the ankle rolls inward (inversion sprain) . When an eversion sprain occurs it can cause damage to the deltoid ligament, which sits at the inside of the ankle. Despite having 10 days to recover, Murray went on to miss Week 9. This came as a bit of a surprise, but coach Kliff Kingsbury said he would start if “he can function on a high level in the pocket.” Murray was making progress, but when there is swelling in the ankle it can cause significant pain and stiffness, making it difficult to effectively move around. I am expecting Murray to return in Week 10 if he can get in a limited practice by the end of the week, but he will come with some risk. His Injury Risk remains High (34%), but his Health Performance Factor has improved to Above Average (72%). Earlier this week, Murray said he has made “crazy” progress, so I’m hopeful that his ankle is improving and he will be able to play effectively.
...dave

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
cardcrazy

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Well sounds like Murray will sit again!
Might as well keep him out against Seattle also that way he’ll have a whopping 38 days to get that sprained ankle healthy.
I’m sure McCoy will be just fine, besides even if he’s not we’re 8-1, we can afford to drop a couple of games.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Might as well keep him out against Seattle also that way he’ll have a whopping 38 days to get that sprained ankle healthy.
I’m sure McCoy will be just fine, besides even if he’s not we’re 8-1, we can afford to drop a couple of games.
No we can’t. We need the #1 seed. And if we start losing that builds in the locker room. It’s not easy to turn it on. We need to keep winning

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This...I can't even imagine thinking like this. I guarantee you the team isn't thinking like this. That's a loser mentality. This is a same old Cards mentality. This is--HAS to be--a new era in franchise history. We can't be defeatist like this. I mean, wow!!!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the rest Murray sentiment

But we can never afford to drop a couple of games

8-1 can turn into 8-9 right before our eyes if we don't play to win every week

We've seen this team collapse before

Not saying it's going to happen, but you can't think like that, ever

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't throw away any game. Period. People were posting stuff like this before the Browns game and he played. As soon as he can play he will.

And, it isn't like "resting" is a good thing. Rust can set in. It provides no guarantee of injury avoidance when he does return to play. It's worthless. Get healed up good and go.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, it’s not like we are playing with 10 guys. If Murray was to play today an aggravate his injury he could be out until the middle of December. McCoy did a great job last week but this league has a way of adjusting as they get more film on him.

To win today we need the defense to step up and shut down the Panthers offense. Their defense is pretty good. I can see a 19 to 10 game today.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rest assured that Carolina has studied last week's tape of McCoy top to bottom. I HIGHLY expect the Panthers D to be significantly better than the Niner D was last week. With McCaffrey now healthy, it'll be a 3 point game, with the winner of this game coming down to who protects the ball better. This is a MUST win game for Carolina, so we will bet their best today. If McCoy is actually playing, then I hope KK has more surprises up his sleeve.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Rest assured that Carolina has studied last week's tape of McCoy top to bottom. I HIGHLY expect the Panthers D to be significantly better than the Niner D was last week. With McCaffrey now healthy, it'll be a 3 point game, with the winner of this game coming down to who protects the ball better. This is a MUST win game for Carolina, so we will bet their best today. If McCoy is actually playing, then I hope KK has more surprises up his sleeve.

Oh poop, I didn't know that McCaffery was back today! If Murray is out, that makes this game much more losable.

For the love of god, I hope VJ stacks the box, and makes the PJ Walker kid beat us with his arm.