Cardinals at Titans postgame thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Elite from Moore on this play to be aware enough to adjust his route for Kyler.

But as great as this play was I'm looking at how open Kirk was. Possible TD there.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The rainbow KM threw to Kirk was a thing of beauty, and the catch was awesome as well not an easy one. Think Kirk will be breaking out now that Fitz is not taking the slot…

I don't even think it's necessary just a slot thing. His route tree (a bit like Green yesterday) was trash when playing outside. Just lots of curls and comebacks with the occasional go.

From the slot he should have more variation in his routes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was so much headline stuff yesterday that there are things being overlooked that would normally be highlights.

I mentioned Chase Edmonds already. Another is Rondale Moore on ST's.

12 yards per return on punts and 22 on KO. He looked really good on returns. He's going to get a return TD this year for sure.

Dogbe had a good game and a bigger role than expected. 3 tackles (led the D line) and 1 sack.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFC West is a brutal division to be in. We had an awesome game, were 4th in yards per play across the league, but also 4th in our own division.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Under rated throw here

It's crazy because last year Kyler looked afraid or didn't know how to make those throws on the run.

Testament recognizing his weaknesses and turning them into strengths.

Still bailing the pocket early at times but with his incredible amount of talent and ability to throw darts on the run, it probably won't matter anyhow

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What a fantastic game! Because NFL Game Pass absolutely screwed the pooch today (unless they grovel in their apologies, I won't be paying for this garbage service), I inevitably had the game ruined for me--but at least I knew it was a blowout win. You wouldn't have known that on the opening drive. Dear God, Kliff, WTF is wrong with you and your teams? You have your "leaders" now, so we know who the real leadership culprit is, don't we? Coaching and discipline remains a real concern and might very well kill this season.

But I don't want to dwell on the negatives. It's only one game and wasn't a passing team, but our CBs didn't suck today! Our front 7 balled out! I think even Dogbe had a sack, and Chandler...well, just back up the dump truck of money to his house already lol Kirk really brought it today, as did Moore--showed us why some of the kool aiders were gushing in pre-season. Green, not so much, but oh well. And KM...shazam! In a way, I'm not even upset with the INT. If this kind of stat line and game performance comes with an INT a week, I'm okay with it. Kid's a gun slinger, and he was gun slinging there. He made sure it was an isolated incident, too, and more than made up for it.

Along with a few Darksiders!
That didn't take long.
Can’t be too many complaints.
Should be a lot of crow eating for the defensive side of things.
Obviously, Chandler Jones’s demise was exaggerated. Watt was disruptive. Hicks was solid. Secondary looked good even if it was a product of the rush. The sky was falling at one time or another for most of these
Hicks...meh. Seemed like every time I saw a medium to long completion, I saw Hicks failing to arrive while being in the general area. I knew he wouldn't be good in coverage. Glad the rest of the defense, and especially the offense, meant it didn't matter much.
Cardinals 1 - Darkside 0
You just can't help yourself, can you? This is just plain dumb and a clear distortion of fact. Everyone here cares about the team above everything. Stay classy, calling out fandoms, bro.

Why are people arguing? It’s one of the best road wins the Cards have had in a long time.
they looked good in all aspects of the game.
Right?
Man im frustrated that I still can't access the game on game pass 5 hours after the game. I checked and can watch every other game. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. Oh first world problems!
I'm both glad and sad you also had this problem. I was FROTHING for this very reason, and sent a bunch of hugely scathing messages to the site. I'm glad I only joined on a trial, because knowing this can happen and knowing there is zero tech support for it makes Game Pass a worthless service.
There seems to be a tendency for Darksiders to say "I'm not being negative. I'm just saying it how I see it" which frankly is nonsense.

Just one example. Many people have been not stop slating our RB room as garbage. There was no tangible reason to do that. Both Connor and Edmonds are solid young backs with plenty of potential which they showed yesterday.

Some just chose to ignore that potential.

Anyway, it's only game 1. Plenty of opportunities for doom and gloom yet!
This statement is frankly nonsense. It's clearly a matter of calling it like we see it and insulating ourselves somewhat from the crushing heartache this team gives us 9 times out of 10.

There were plenty of reasons to doubt this RB room--and it's still only one game--but I'll give CE his due. The kid had a solid game today. We didn't have huge short-yardage moments were it was crucial for him to get the 1st, but that wasn't his fault. Catching and running, he did well. I hope he can keep it up, and I hope he stays healthy.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Koolaiders realize this. Darksiders are not praying to be right. We want the Cards to win and be relevant.
Now before we go crowning their asses let’s keep things in perspective.
1.Today we played well. We played a team that is nowhere near as good as playing from behind than with a lead.
2.Also, did you notice the drop off when Watts and a few others were given breathers?
3. it appears Kliff has made some adjustments. I saw formations I have not seen in the past. I saw more motion and WAY less 2 yard passes. Kyler under center a little more was nice to see. These are things we ALL doubted going into today.
4. Pre snap penalties and wasted time outs will kill us against better teams.
5. Let’s see how we adjust after our upcoming opponents adjust to what we showed today.

All that being said I am as happy as **** to be wrong about what I anticipated today. However, one game is not going to convince me that I should order playoff tickets just yet.
Remember, we were 6-3 last year and then …….
Well put

Nice to see them play so well

Now let's do it on a consistent basis

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fantastic game! Because NFL Game Pass absolutely screwed the pooch today (unless they grovel in their apologies, I won't be paying for this garbage service), I inevitably had the game ruined for me--but at least I knew it was a blowout win. You wouldn't have known that on the opening drive. Dear God, Kliff, WTF is wrong with you and your teams? You have your "leaders" now, so we know who the real leadership culprit is, don't we? Coaching and discipline remains a real concern and might very well kill this season.

But I don't want to dwell on the negatives. It's only one game and wasn't a passing team, but our CBs didn't suck today! Our front 7 balled out! I think even Dogbe had a sack, and Chandler...well, just back up the dump truck of money to his house already lol Kirk really brought it today, as did Moore--showed us why some of the kool aiders were gushing in pre-season. Green, not so much, but oh well. And KM...shazam! In a way, I'm not even upset with the INT. If this kind of stat line and game performance comes with an INT a week, I'm okay with it. Kid's a gun slinger, and he was gun slinging there. He made sure it was an isolated incident, too, and more than made up for it.
So nice to see us get focused after the rough start

Saw a lot of good things from this team and players stepping up

Hopefully they can keep this going

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's clearly a matter of calling it like we see it and insulating ourselves somewhat from the crushing heartache this team gives us 9 times out of 10.

There were plenty of reasons to doubt this RB room--and it's still only one game--but I'll give CE his due. The kid had a solid game today. We didn't have huge short-yardage moments were it was crucial for him to get the 1st, but that wasn't his fault. Catching and running, he did well. I hope he can keep it up, and I hope he stays healthy.

The whole point is that how you see it is negative. You remove all positive outcomes and see only the bad.

So yes, you are saying it how you see it, but the point is how you see it is overly negative and devoid of balance.

But I'm glad you enjoyed the win, sorry it was spoiled by Gamepass. TBF I watch everything on Gamepass and never have an issue.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mostly watch the Cards at my local bar these days, which limits me from being able to post during the games. When I'm lucky enough for it to be a locally broadcast game, I've got a chance to watch at home. This year, I have Sunday Ticket access, so I hope to be able to focus solely on our games in real time instead of having to re-watch.

When I keyed on him, Byron Murphy looked a lot better than he ever has. Marco Wilson had his moments, and I didn't see or hear anything from Alford, which is the best we could ask for. The front seven really helped. I'm cautiously optimistic about the secondary.

At RB, I felt like the position was useless until we were up big. Connor looked a little faster than he did with the Steelers, but both he and Edmonds seemed enabled by the passing game. I'd still love some better guys at the position.

Kyler and DHop dominated. I'm really excited about Rondale Moore. I still love Simmons. I never brought this up much on the board, but I loved Tyrann, and didn't know if Budda Baker would ever match that. He is a legit star, and when he denied that TD early on, I forced my friends to watch it.

Also, JJ Watt and Chandler Jones together are beasts.

This is one of the first games in a long time that I really want to go back and watch play by play, to get a sense of the cohesion that we have.
I'm glad you're excited about Rondale Moore. I knew what we had with him when he was drafted. He played high school ball here at Louisville Trinity & I've followed his career ever since. I wanted him to go to Kentucky but he chose Purdue. He was a first team all American his freshman year at Purdue & would've been his second year if not for injuries & covid imo. He's just so explosive & doesn't quite know the playbook yet but when he does look out.

Stout

Reaction score
The whole point is that how you see it is negative. You remove all positive outcomes and see only the bad.

So yes, you are saying it how you see it, but the point is how you see it is overly negative and devoid of balance.

But I'm glad you enjoyed the win, sorry it was spoiled by Gamepass. TBF I watch everything on Gamepass and never have an issue.
How long did the Cards game take to be ready for you? Someone else on here also had to wait forever and had every single other game available.

Biggest problem, other than the huge delay? Unresponsiveness. I still haven't heard anything back on the ticket it took more than an hour to find out how to do and then force through a crappy system.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The one surprise yesterday was how little Collins played. I think we all expected Hicks and Collins reversed.

Interesting that Wilson and Murphy were the starting CB's. Alford came in for Nickel packages.

I'm surprised Dogbe only had 13 snaps. He led the D line on tackles and had a sack. Would be nice for him to have a bigger role going forward.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How long did the Cards game take to be ready for you? Someone else on here also had to wait forever and had every single other game available.

Biggest problem, other than the huge delay? Unresponsiveness. I still haven't heard anything back on the ticket it took more than an hour to find out how to do and then force through a crappy system.

It's always been like Netflix for me. Click play, wait 5 seconds and off you go. Never had any issues with them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's crazy because last year Kyler looked afraid or didn't know how to make those throws on the run.

Testament recognizing his weaknesses and turning them into strengths.

Still bailing the pocket early at times but with his incredible amount of talent and ability to throw darts on the run, it probably won't matter anyhow

One of the weird comments of the game was after the pick when Kyler moved left but set himself before throwing, the announcer said the coaches had told them their game plan was to make Kyler roll away from his throwing side, roll left. Maybe it's just me but there's 2 years of data that said to me Kyler is MUCH better rolling left than right? When he rolls right he usually runs, or throws it away, when he rolls left he's made several great plays doing that and he has had several big runs going left too. That throw to D Hop was the best throw he's made since we drafted him rolling right IMO. If that's a sign of things to come look out NFL.

Stout

Reaction score
It's always been like Netflix for me. Click play, wait 5 seconds and off you go. Never had any issues with them.
Yes, once the game was available, it was fine. Problem was, it wasn't available for about 6 hours after the game, and all the other games were. Also, it kept wanting to play highlights on the page where the replay links were to appear. WTF?

Anyway, good to know it works well for you. Maybe it'll help sway me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, once the game was available, it was fine. Problem was, it wasn't available for about 6 hours after the game, and all the other games were. Also, it kept wanting to play highlights on the page where the replay links were to appear. WTF?

Anyway, good to know it works well for you. Maybe it'll help sway me.

Ahh I see, not live, you wanted the replay.

Yes they can be inconsistent on that sometimes. Like everyone else, they seem to do the big teams first and Cards are bottom of the list.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
The one surprise yesterday was how little Collins played. I think we all expected Hicks and Collins reversed.

Interesting that Wilson and Murphy were the starting CB's. Alford came in for Nickel packages.

I'm surprised Dogbe only had 13 snaps. He led the D line on tackles and had a sack. Would be nice for him to have a bigger role going forward.

You must be registered for see images attach
Correct me if I am wrong or if I forget someone else, but Dogbe seems to be one of the best late round pickups from Keim in the last couple of years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong or if I forget someone else, but Dogbe seems to be one of the best late round pickups from Keim in the last couple of years.

Hard to say. These are his first real snaps. But just the fact he's still around after a couple of years means he's one of the best low round picks, so I guess you're right!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

one game, but it seems clear to me that he / the coaching staff have emphasized keeping his eyes down field when he goes off schedule to find a receiver.

Russ Wilson, Mahomes and A Rod are the best at this-- if K1 gets even 66% as good as those guys at eyes downfield when the play breaks down and delivers the ball -- look out

that play (and the play to R Moore) -- last year would have been scrambles for no or little gain.

In this case, they would have kicked a FG for 3, been up 6 -0 ----- and a gigantic letdown after the defense gives you the ball 1st and goal at the 1. In that case, Tennessee is thinking "we have played terrible, yet its only 0-6".