NFL opening night Dallas @ TB

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wirfs was so obvious & we still didn’t draft him.

Depressing.

yeah.. I was salivating over Simmons but he’s got to go supernova to make up for passing up on Wirfs, especially with a young Franchise QB who needs protection.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good opening game. Just goes to show you can never predict the NFL.

On the plus side I have Cooper in fantasy. On the down side I started Ronald Jones at flex. To be fair I knew he might have a game like this with their backfield but in week 1 I thought I'd take the risk. Not again.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steve Keim should be phoning Tampa about OJ Howard.

Only had a few snaps, didn't have a single target. He's FA next year.

The only stumbling block is his $6m salary. It all goes with the trade. WHich is good because the Bucs will want the space back and it should make the trade cheap. But bad as we don't have the space.

Send them a 4th if they pay some of his wages and an extension is attached.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I doubt that TB would trade Howard, as their injured CB showed them what happens when you take an impact/starting player out of your lineup. Gronk was GREAT last night, but we all know about injuries. Now, if Gronk gets hurt they'll have Howard, if they trade him, they won't. JMO.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wirfs was so obvious & we still didn’t draft him.

Depressing.
yeah.. I was salivating over Simmons but he’s got to go supernova to make up for passing up on Wirfs, especially with a young Franchise QB who needs protection.
Hope he's the next Devin White/Derwin James level of impact player.

Still even if Jones becomes the full time RG we are still in need of a RT longterm. Beachum kinda worried me in preseason.

Protecting your #1 investment seemed like a bright idea, but Keim and his toys.

As I told @Chopper0080 it still might be a blessing in disguise. Cause if the Giants did take Simmons we would have likely picked Andrew Thomas. At least we know Simmons can be a star potentially.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Steve Keim should be phoning Tampa about OJ Howard.

Only had a few snaps, didn't have a single target. He's FA next year.

The only stumbling block is his $6m salary. It all goes with the trade. WHich is good because the Bucs will want the space back and it should make the trade cheap. But bad as we don't have the space.

Send them a 4th if they pay some of his wages and an extension is attached.
Gotta say I dont know how Kliff watches that game and thinks the TE isnt important. Cowboys/Bucs feasted off play action and finding the TE over the middle and on rollouts.

If not Howard I would take Brate.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one for me last night was Antonio Brown. kept reading he was looking 5 years younger in camp and didn't believe it so I didn't draft him and he looked awesome last night. I don't know how many snaps he had seemed like he got more rest than the other WR's did but when he was in, he was really good.

Brady is the GOAT but man they have 3 WR's with the ability to get double digit TD's, Brown has done it 4 times, Evans 3 and Godwin got 9 playing with Evans not all that long ago. Add in Gronk and man so many weapons for Brady.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt that TB would trade Howard, as their injured CB showed them what happens when you take an impact/starting player out of your lineup. Gronk was GREAT last night, but we all know about injuries. Now, if Gronk gets hurt they'll have Howard, if they trade him, they won't. JMO.

They have other guys.

You don't keep a guy costing you $6m that you're barely going to use and who's FA next year just in case Gronk gets injured.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The one for me last night was Antonio Brown. kept reading he was looking 5 years younger in camp and didn't believe it so I didn't draft him and he looked awesome last night. I don't know how many snaps he had seemed like he got more rest than the other WR's did but when he was in, he was really good.

Brady is the GOAT but man they have 3 WR's with the ability to get double digit TD's, Brown has done it 4 times, Evans 3 and Godwin got 9 playing with Evans not all that long ago. Add in Gronk and man so many weapons for Brady.

I have Kyle Pitts as my starting TE so I cut Gronk yesterday to pick up Ty'son Williams with the intention of resigning him next week if Williams didn't work out on Sunday. That's not happening now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Kyle Pitts as my starting TE so I cut Gronk yesterday to pick up Ty'son Williams with the intention of resigning him next week if Williams didn't work out on Sunday. That's not happening now.

I picked up Williams yesterday after reading the thread about all the RB injuries to the Ravens.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They should have won but my +8.5 bet was ******* money
I have multiples. I teased down to 1.5 or went money line on all of my parlays. I was going to take the 9 but I was driving 3 hours to my son's football game. Hit on the Lamb yardage over but missed on the Evans over. Didn't expect so much volume to Gronk and Brown in the same game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have multiples. I teased down to 1.5 or went money line on all of my parlays. I was going to take the 9 but I was driving 3 hours to my son's football game. Hit on the Lamb yardage over but missed on the Evans over. Didn't expect so much volume to Gronk and Brown in the same game.

Evans volume worries me. This might be like trying to play a NE RB because there are so many options

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He’s done it without weapons forever too. its about time he has a stash of them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Evans volume worries me. This might be like trying to play a NE RB because there are so many options

I think Evans is a bad bet and a bad fantasy choice this year. He's going to draw the #1 CB and when you have guys like Godwin, AB and Gronk covered by 2nd and 3rd CBs why go to Evans much?

His YPG dropped from 95 and 89 in '18 and '19 to just 62 in '20. He's not the big time target he once was.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s done it without weapons forever too. its about time he has a stash of them.
He has had weapons his entire life. We know Brady is the GOAT you can stop kneeling before him lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I just think it will be hit or miss every week unless they lose players to injury. They just have so many weapons that Brady will identify the mismatches and exploit them wherever they are. I do think at the end of the year his stats will be fine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Howard isn't even TE2

Routes run

Rob Gronkowski: 37
Cam Brate: 14
OJ Howard: 1

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh definitely. But this offense is loaded with passing weapons. And Fournette looked pretty good too. Shouldn't be surprised the defending champs look good and I certainly don't think they're unbeatable but that WR group is pretty impressive.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing evident from watching both offenses last night was how much better they are than what we have seen from Kliff.

So much more variety. TE's heavily involved, RB's running routes that aren't just checkdown options, endless route variations, so much pre snap motion and actually moving receivers around to make the most of matchups.

It was like comparing a Botticelli to my 4 year olds finger paintings.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did your sons team win? High school JV?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen