2021 Training Camp Thread

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Winters might be cut, but I'm not sure he should be. I have high hopes for Josh Jones, but he might be better at OT. After all we have not looked good running the ball in the PS games. And guards play a big part in that performance.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kool Aid thought here based upon a post I made in the Rondale Moore thread.

I feel like I have seen a more vertical element in Rondale Moore's practice clips than what we have seen in preseason games. We also know Kliff likes to go full galaxy brain in terms of what he shows in the preseason. Finally, we have remarked how similar the offense in preseason looks to the offense that struggled at the end of last year.

Is Kliff hiding the adjustments to the offense that he has made which is why it looks different in practice vs the preseason games?

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, do we have a chance to be a defensive minded football team this year? Is it possible that that side of the ball wins us more games than the O? Lot of hate on KK and the offense here (warranted or not), but I think we are overlooking the possibility that we have more than one way to win a football game this year when it has seemed like a Kyler led win or bust that last couple years. Tons of talent and potential on our defense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I feel like I have seen a more vertical element in Rondale Moore's practice clips than what we have seen in preseason games. We also know Kliff likes to go full galaxy brain in terms of what he shows in the preseason. Finally, we have remarked how similar the offense in preseason looks to the offense that struggled at the end of last year.

Is Kliff hiding the adjustments to the offense that he has made which is why it looks different in practice vs the preseason games?

Everything Kliff has shown is he favors the short game to a fault. Seems like we only throw one or two deep every game. I guess that could be more an issue with Kyler though.

Either way, I am not expecting the offense to look much different from last year.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, do we have a chance to be a defensive minded football team this year? Is it possible that that side of the ball wins us more games than the O? Lot of hate on KK and the offense here (warranted or not), but I think we are overlooking the possibility that we have more than one way to win a football game this year when it has seemed like a Kyler led win or bust that last couple years. Tons of talent and potential on our defense.
If our run defense improves, Collins and Simmons hold their own, then yes I definitely think so health permitting of course.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think your observation is valid.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
on Rondale Moore

i have noted that on training camp highlights, its Moore generally catching something down the field

in preseaon: its Moore catching 5 yard outs

i think in the regular season, Moore will run vertical routes

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
on Rondale Moore

i have noted that on training camp highlights, its Moore generally catching something down the field

in preseaon: its Moore catching 5 yard outs

i think in the regular season, Moore will run vertical routes
I think it really depends on the Oline.

In practice we were against our DLine missing Watt. So you didnt get that real push up the middle. As we know Kliff will resort to the horizontal game if the interior is weak.

If Pugh/whoever is at RG hold up I think we'll try to get him the ball downfield.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Certainly seems to be the case, we can only hope

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose