2021 Training Camp Thread

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dionte Thompson not making the roster will be a bitter pill. Not because it is the end of the world to have a 5th rounder not make the team in year 3, but because it is just another among many draft failures by Keim.
Dionte had a second, third-round grade coming out and we picked him in the fifth.

How you can view what was seen as a potential steal as a "bitter pill" draft failure is really pushing the envelope.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Not at all. There's being involved as an owner, like Robert Kraft, and then there's being in the office every day getting your fingers into every decision football operations makes.

Our owner is the 2nd kind.
nobody on this board knows what really happens inside any of those franchises, so its Mitch-level speculation that we can divine the differences.

zero knowledge that Mike B gets his fingers in every football decision, or, that Rob Kraft doesnt. Heck -- lots of stories of Rooneys telling the team who they are drafting. But the Steelers have won, so nobody cares.

"involved" isnt the problem.

its the people he hires -- and IMO, his strong preference to have GMs that have been in the org for multiple years vs. an outside perspective

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not at all. There's being involved as an owner, like Robert Kraft, and then there's being in the office every day getting your fingers into every decision football operations makes.

Our owner is the 2nd kind.

I don't doubt that MB's is hands-on, but you don't have a clue as to how involved other owners are.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how folks should brush TC hype to the side, but when a player isn’t playing up to par in TC, it’s time to worry. However, it’s the exact opposite when folks see TC vids of other teams.

Going with no expectations is the way to go.
Thats fair. TC hype had us believing Keesean was going to be a star. When really it was to overshadow how disappointing Andy and Hakeem were.

Chiefs could very well just be trying to cover why they are starting a late-round rookie.

Time will tell.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And you know this how?

Everything Mike says. Everything Keim says. Every video ever released showing the inner workings of the Cardinals. Things like hiring Ernie Acorsi to help find a HC (I'm sure Keim loved having an outsider do his job for him). And 1000 other things in the media over the last 10 years.

Draft day is a prime example. You watch most draft rooms and the owner is a guy in the background watching the proceedings as an interested party while the GM runs the show. The Cards draft is Mike sat at the head of the table running things and directing traffic. "Who's next on the board?" "Who do we like at #32?" "What about this guy?". There's far too much decision making by committee on matters that should be 100% on Keim.

I've worked for businesses where the legacy owners have got involved in things they have no knowledge of because they had nothing else to do and it's always been a disaster.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why? One of them has been lighting up camp and has people who know what they are talking about saying how great he has been. He's also been named the starting RG on the Chiefs first depth chart over Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Kyle Long, Austin Blythe and Nick Allegretti.

The two we drafted have done squat and will be lucky to make the team. The best comment on either has been that Gowan might stick for ST's.

I don't need to see them play to know which I'd rather have.

Evidently, he's having a good camp and could be a solid contributor.

But, let's see who's at RG game one.

Remember, Dr. Tardif, who took last season off to fight COVID, was KC's Super Bowl-winning starter.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because you’re already making out their NFL careers based of TC videos which is #notsmart. Not even after 1 year of NFL play which would at least make a bit of sense.

Now if Trey turns out to be bad & Tay or Victor turns out to be competent players, you would look very foolish now would you?

I'm doing no such thing. I'm saying based on college performance and confirmatory TC reports I wanted Smith over Gowan and Dimukeje during the draft and that mistake has only been amplified by reports so far and the fact hes been named 1st team RG over several quality vets.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everything Mike says. Everything Keim says. Every video ever released showing the inner workings of the Cardinals. Things like hiring Ernie Acorsi to help find a HC (I'm sure Keim loved having an outsider do his job for him). And 1000 other things in the media over the last 10 years.

Draft day is a prime example. You watch most draft rooms and the owner is a guy in the background watching the proceedings as an interested party while the GM runs the show. The Cards draft is Mike sat at the head of the table running things and directing traffic. "Who's next on the board?" "Who do we like at #32?" "What about this guy?". There's far too much decision making by committee on matters that should be 100% on Keim.

I've worked for businesses where the legacy owners have got involved in things they have no knowledge of because they had nothing else to do and it's always been a disaster.
Maybe it was a disaster because you were involved. Ever think of that?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hope they are ready to go by game 1. Their health will determine whether Larry officially calls it quits or not.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope they are ready to go by game 1. Their health will determine whether Larry officially calls it quits or not.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

any word on Watt?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray throws the prettiest deep ball I have seen from a Cardinals QB and then immediately is a second late on a short cross so it's on the receiver instead of in front

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First play for 11 on 11 is a horizontal pass. Yes!! Just what we want

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson