Official "I can't keep up with technology" thread

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he just replied to me from a beach chair in cancun, of course.

Been here many times but this is the 1st time I've seen armed Federales on 4 wheelers patrolling the beach.. Low key, but here nonetheless. They cruise by maybe once a day.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been here many times but this is the 1st time I've seen armed Ferderales on 4 wheelers patrolling the beach.. Low key, but here nonetheless. They cruise by maybe once a day.

I've usually only seen them on the main road of the hotel zone in cancun but not on beaches. Puerto vallarta I would see them more frequently at the boardwalk and etc. Soak up that sun!

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've usually only seen them on the main road of the hotel zone in cancun but not on beaches. Puerto vallarta I would see them more frequently at the boardwalk and etc. Soak up that sun!

Been here 10 days so lm heading to airport in about an hour. ¡Que triste!

At least NFL channel in hotel so I was able to watch the draft. Every other sports channel had either soccer or wrestling.

@puckhead will be happy to know I managed to get through without a tech issue other than Directv isn't available here so I couldn't sign in. My wife was happy I managed to get Law & Order for her with English subtitles.

Todo bien.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At least NFL channel in hotel so I was able to watch the draft. Every other sports channel had either soccer or wrestling.

@puckhead will be happy to know I managed to get through without a tech issue other than Directv isn't available here so I couldn't sign in. My wife was happy I managed to get Law & Order for her with English subtitles.

Todo bien.

Have a safe trip back.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Todo bien.

Our new LB looks like a beast! I'm not sure how I feel about a 5'7 receiver but I will give him the benefit for now as he is one of us

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our new LB looks like a beast! I'm not sure how I feel about a 5'7 receiver but I will give him the benefit for now as he is one of us

Man, I'm hoping he and Simmons just kill it. Moore may turn out to be more like Trinden Holliday than Sproles, but here's hoping! I haven't ventured to the Cards forum in several weeks. Not sure I'm ready for all the hate.

As a side note, the only people that don't wear masks down here are stupid Americans. I swear man, there was an idiot who wouldn't put one on in Houston when on the aircraft. They held up our flight. All the passengers boo'd him so loud that he finally put one on. One step away from air marshal throwing his ******** off the bird.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm hoping he and Simmons just kill it. Moore may turn out to be more like Trinden Holliday than Sproles, but here's hoping! I haven't ventured to the Cards forum in several weeks. Not sure I'm ready for all the hate.

As a side note, the only people that don't wear masks down here are stupid Americans. I swear man, there was an idiot who wouldn't put one on in Houston when on the aircraft. They held up our flight. All the passengers boo'd him so loud that he finally put one on. One step away from air marshal throwing his ******** off the bird.

hopefully by the time I go, everything is under control and masks are not necessary.

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm not a Twitter guy, but I do read some threads there occasionally and click to the stuff people here on the site post. Now it won't let me click links on Twitter without a log in. I don't want to sign up for an account, I just want to read the frikken things!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm not a Twitter guy, but I do read some threads there occasionally and click to the stuff people here on the site post. Now it won't let me click links on Twitter without a log in. I don't want to sign up for an account, I just want to read the frikken things!!

I'm using twitter right now to view information and I don't have to log-in.

Could it be your anti-virus or a firewall? Also it could be a browser issue.

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A series I've wanted to watch for a long time finally came up on Prime. So I'm thinking sweet, I can finally watch it. I search and click to watch it and it says you have to pay for Topic in order to see it. Why do I pay for Prime and then have to sign up to another service just to watch it?
They get you coming and going!

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm using twitter right now to view information and I don't have to log-in.

Could it be your anti-virus or a firewall?

Let me try to be more specific... I can click to the original Twitter link and it comes up fine. Then if I want to click on a Tweet that's in that thread, then's when it says I have to sign up.

Also, if I'm already on a thread and try to use the search feature, it won't let me go to there. eg... Let's say I'm reading Rick Wilson and there's a tweet from David Frum I want to click to..won't do it... or in the search box, Frum comes up but when I click to go to his feed it tells me I have to log in. I can go back to Google and search David Frum and it will take me there. Never used to do this before. I dunno, heck with it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me try to be more specific... I can click to the original Twitter link and it comes up fine. Then if I want to click on a Tweet that's in that thread, then's when it says I have to sign up.

Also, if I'm already on a thread and try to use the search feature, it won't let me go to there. eg... Let's say I'm reading Rick Wilson and there's a tweet from David Frum I want to click to..won't do it... or in the search box, Frum comes up but when I click to go to his feed it tells me I have to log in. I can go back to Google and search David Frum and it will take me there. Never used to do this before. I dunno, heck with it.

That's weird. I can click on individual tweets and I can also click on responses with no prompt to log-in.

Yeah, my search function never works on twitter but I'm not a member if that has anything to do with it.

Only a thought but tweets are logged by dates. So if you are referring to an old tweet you may have to wade through the newer tweets to get to an older tweet.

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's weird. I can click on individual tweets and I can also click on responses with no prompt to log-in.

Yeah, my search function never works on twitter but I'm not a member if that has anything to do with it.

Only a thought but tweets are logged by dates. So if you are referring to an old tweet you may have to wade through the newer tweets to get to an older tweet.

I hate technology!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could make a fake one that you do not actually use but should not be required.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A series I've wanted to watch for a long time finally came up on Prime. So I'm thinking sweet, I can finally watch it. I search and click to watch it and it says you have to pay for Topic in order to see it. Why do I pay for Prime and then have to sign up to another service just to watch it?
They get you coming and going!
prime is the worst. I rarely even open it. There is a bunch of free content but they do not categorize it well so 80% of what I click on wants me to add on services or pay to rent/buy because its not actually on prime.

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wth?? my business phones are internet based and were out yesterday. Never heard of this kind of hack before.

You must be registered for see images attach

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Anyone buying the new Amazon robot that launched this week? It follows you around playing music lmao

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone buying the new Amazon robot that launched this week? It follows you around playing music lmao
With my luck if would follow me around playing the theme song to Halloween.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh...I work in technology and been around it most of my life so I don't get paranoid. I just keep myself informed. I have no issues with smart devices or the ones that capture phrases to improve the tech.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have any listening devices except my phone. So, I guess I give all my info to google.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No chance, it's $1000 and I don't let any Alexa devices in my house. I don't trust Amazon with an open mic.
NSA attempted to hack Alexa and it can only be listened into when the user accesses it.

If the NSA can't do it, I think it's hard for anyone to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose