2021 NFL COVID Related. No Personal or Political Attacks!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is State Farm Stadium requiring masks again? This article suggests so, but haven’t seen anything official. Either way, my family will be masked up tomorrow.

Masks were recommended, but not required. Not much social distancing was going on either.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like some who weren't interested in getting it are starting to have a change of heart. This is good news for the NFL if bigger names like this change their mind.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Just read Pugh is a positive test.. hope he recovers well!
I hope so too, but for me, he's been a giant gaping a-hole. Sorry, this news really jagged me off and I had to come over here to rant a bit. Yeah, you can still get it even after being vaccinated, but regardless, he has to be making stupid choices. He was already in the protocol at the start of camp and now he has Covid. Ahhh derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp! It's like, hi, you have one warning that you're in contact with people you shouldn't be, or aren't doing the right things in public, so you can alter your behaviors in order to mitigate--Naw, I'm good. i don't have to worry about that nonsense. I--what do you mean I got Covid?

So of course, on the Cardinals, one of our starters (at a position with no quality depth) will probably not start the season. Of course!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope so too, but for me, he's been a giant gaping a-hole. Sorry, this news really jagged me off and I had to come over here to rant a bit. Yeah, you can still get it even after being vaccinated, but regardless, he has to be making stupid choices. He was already in the protocol at the start of camp and now he has Covid. Ahhh derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp! It's like, hi, you have one warning that you're in contact with people you shouldn't be, or aren't doing the right things in public, so you can alter your behaviors in order to mitigate--Naw, I'm good. i don't have to worry about that nonsense. I--what do you mean I got Covid?

So of course, on the Cardinals, one of our starters (at a position with no quality depth) will probably not start the season. Of course!!!

This is utter ********. You can be as safe as possible while still playing football and still contract it Somehow and some way. You coming here to shame anyone who catches throughout the season is bad form of the highest Order. You have no clue what hes doing. He could literally be doing all the right **** and still contract it. Nothing is full proof.

Stout

Reaction score
This is utter ********. You can be as safe as possible while still playing football and still contract it Somehow and some way. You coming here to shame anyone who catches throughout the season is bad form of the highest Order. You have no clue what hes doing. He could literally be doing all the right **** and still contract it. Nothing is full proof.
Fool proof *BIM*

Bah, I hear it every day. Whining about "How'd I catch Covid, I'm vaccinated!" only to find out they took a family trip to Miami. Boo freaking hoo. You chose to fly--dangerous right now anyway, in a pandemic--into a pandemic hot zone, for a family vacation. My heart bleeds for you.

Now, who knows what happened with Pugh. Maybe I'm being overly hard on him. I don't rightly care. Same with AI. I'm taking the "full" me once, shame on me...view :)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being overly hard on him.
I think you are being too hard on him. Maybe there's another positive test on the team and that's how he caught it. Are you suggesting he should retire to not further expose himself at work given he has already had a close contact? Maybe he caught it by sending his kids to school. Are you suggesting anyone who has had close contact with COVID should have their kids virtually learn until the pandemic is fully over? I agree with you on the "only to find out part" - if anything is disclosed that shows he took unnecessary risk that led to him catching COVID it is a different story, but I doubt we'll get any more details. I don't think he deserves to be slammed without those details just because he was already in COVID protocol previously. I think multiple trips on this list won't end up being all that rare the longer this plays out.

Stout

Reaction score
I think you are being too hard on him. Maybe there's another positive test on the team and that's how he caught it. Are you suggesting he should retire to not further expose himself at work given he has already had a close contact? Maybe he caught it by sending his kids to school. Are you suggesting anyone who has had close contact with COVID should have their kids virtually learn until the pandemic is fully over? I agree with you on the "only to find out part" - if anything is disclosed that shows he took unnecessary risk that led to him catching COVID it is a different story, but I doubt we'll get any more details. I don't think he deserves to be slammed without those details just because he was already in COVID protocol previously. I think multiple trips on this list won't end up being all that rare the longer this plays out.
What's the threshold for when they can be held accountable? After the THIRD long stretch on the sidelines and NOT helping the team? The fourth, fifth? How many games will a player have to miss before we're allowed to be disappointed and hacked off about it?

If they can say he got this at work, fine. Otherwise? I'm going to be hard on them. Hell, AI shouldn't make the team to begin with, but I'd definitely cut him now. You suck, need a strong preseason, and you aren't available? Buh-bye.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
What's the threshold for when they can be held accountable? After the THIRD long stretch on the sidelines and NOT helping the team? The fourth, fifth? How many games will a player have to miss before we're allowed to be disappointed and hacked off about it?

If they can say he got this at work, fine. Otherwise? I'm going to be hard on them. Hell, AI shouldn't make the team to begin with, but I'd definitely cut him now. You suck, need a strong preseason, and you aren't available? Buh-bye.
Today Pugh publicly criticized his union for not testing vaccinated players (he is vaccinated) more often. Doesn’t sound like something that someone being totally reckless about the situation would say.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Many here bashing others for choosing what they put in bodies & calling them selfish & other things & a vaccinated player gets it then gets bashed again. Lol

Unreal the world we live in today

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many here bashing others for choosing what they put in bodies & calling them selfish & other things & a vaccinated player gets it then gets bashed again. Lol

Unreal the world we live in today

only ONE poster is bashing the vaccinated guy. I’m a Covid Nazi as much as the next guy, but I’m with Pugh. Everyone should be getting tested regularly with Delta running rampant.

Stout

Reaction score

Unreal the world we live in toda
I'm with Cheese and, yes, not putting something into your body that can save you and everyone around you in the middle of the pandemic is, on top of being dumb, incredibly selfish. But then, it's not like those who are dying in droves are those who don't get vaccinated or care about safety protocols, right? I'd go on about all those vaccinations you had to take growing up--you know, were mandated to take--but I'm sensing that would be pointless.

Perhaps I assumed too much about Pugh and am in the wrong. Whatever--I'm a football fan and prone to flying off the handle about players :) Perhaps Pugh is the exception here--perhaps he's doing everything right and bears no blame. He could also have the viewpoint that he's immune because he's vaccinated now. It's very easy to say the right things now that he's in the jackpot. It's important to remember that you can still get it after vaccination. The vaccine will mitigate symptoms and save your life, but, for a football player, Covid will definitely hurt your career.