2021 Training Camp Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Less worried about what he's missing--although it's not nothing--than the possible severity or length of the injury.
You know me....I'm mostly an optimist, but to say there is no concern is whitewashing what can be a bigger issue.

In preseason game one, quite a few posters were going crazy about how bad the defensive front looked. I pointed out that the top SIX DL weren't playing. While I'm not concerned with how bad the fringe guys looked, you have to be worried about so many of the top DL not playing.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who was the guy who wanted Jesse James (the football player obviously :mrgreen:). He's been killing it at Bears camp.

I guess its possible they could cut Jimmy Graham. TE still remains a concern for me with Max's injury history.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only disappointment for me is that Kyler could have really used Watt applying inside pressure/forced to avoid getting his passes swatted. That would have been great work for him and the offense. Guess they'll figure it out during the regular season. He appears to be working on it, but again no JJ Watt to really challenge him.

He seems to have been getting plenty of that anyway to be fair

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know me....I'm mostly an optimist, but to say there is no concern is whitewashing what can be a bigger issue.

In preseason game one, quite a few posters were going crazy about how bad the defensive front looked. I pointed out that the top SIX DL weren't playing. While I'm not concerned with how bad the fringe guys looked, you have to be worried about so many of the top DL not playing.

Why? It was preseason game 1. Honestly, I was more surprised that we played so many potential starters. I wouldn't have been surprised if the best known player was Chris Banjo.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a disaster waiting to happen, or is a disaster that's already happening. Dude has to take freaking practice snaps at the very least. Up until now, it's been a wink-wink "eh, it's a veteran thing" kind of situation. It's fast becoming a "he's actually hurt so this may be a disaster signing before he even gets to play a snap, if he ever does" kind of situation. Not saying I'm going to go full-on chicken little about it, but this is NOT inspiring confidence. Nor is this laid back "it's cool, bro, if everyone's hurt" vibe.
But you’re forgetting…. He’s a leader! :-(

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why? It was preseason game 1. Honestly, I was more surprised that we played so many potential starters. I wouldn't have been surprised if the best known player was Chris Banjo.
Bro I've never seen this many players missing from a position group and it not at least be an early season issue.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Pacific Beach for the week

I was renting a bike today and she asked if I wanted the one with blue rims, it's our Cowboys bike. I said no I'm a Cardinals fan and she had one.

Thank goodness

Attachments

• 20210817_115716.jpg
    20210817_115716.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210817_115707.jpg
    20210817_115707.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 8

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this has been posted on the Cardinals forum but the Suns and Cardinals both play on Christmas Day!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So how will they fit together? Hopkins will generally line up out wide on one side of Murray while Green will be wide on the other, a position that Gruden said fits Green perfectly because of his size, length and strength. One of the first things Green and Hopkins talked about after Green signed in March was their alignments. Hopkins told Green: "If you want a route and I'm on that side, we can switch."

And they don't have to run it by Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury, who calls the offense's plays.

"Whoever's running a route between A.J. Green and DeAndre Hopkins, I'm going to be happy with," Kingsbury said.

"This offense fits me to a T, because that's what I'm used to," Green said. "When I first came into the league with Jay Gruden, a lot of big posts, a lot of different outside routes. That was my bread and butter. In the last couple of years, that wasn't the case."

Already in practice, Jefferson has seen when the coverage has rolled toward Hopkins, Green has made plays deep and over the top.

"If they want to play one-on-one coverage on them," Jefferson said, "God bless them."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So how will they fit together? Hopkins will generally line up out wide on one side of Murray while Green will be wide on the other, a position that Gruden said fits Green perfectly because of his size, length and strength. One of the first things Green and Hopkins talked about after Green signed in March was their alignments. Hopkins told Green: "If you want a route and I'm on that side, we can switch."

And they don't have to run it by Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury, who calls the offense's plays.

"Whoever's running a route between A.J. Green and DeAndre Hopkins, I'm going to be happy with," Kingsbury said.

"This offense fits me to a T, because that's what I'm used to," Green said. "When I first came into the league with Jay Gruden, a lot of big posts, a lot of different outside routes. That was my bread and butter. In the last couple of years, that wasn't the case."

Already in practice, Jefferson has seen when the coverage has rolled toward Hopkins, Green has made plays deep and over the top.

"If they want to play one-on-one coverage on them," Jefferson said, "God bless them."

What does it say when you are thankful the WR's are taking the decision out of Kliff's hands?