2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s been rumored Pacers want to move Myles Turner. He makes $17.5/yr. is there a package we could be looking to create for him?

Not that would interest the Pacers, unless we were prepared to give up players in our top 7 core (namely Bridges and/or Cam Johnson).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s been rumored Pacers want to move Myles Turner. He makes $17.5/yr. is there a package we could be looking to create for him?

Obtaining Myles Turner would be a home run of gigantic proportions.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
At this point, so would I, and I am not a fan of either. The problem is that it is looking more and more like that we will be spending the MLE on the likes of Frank Kaminsky and giving Jalen Smith significant playing time.

I love that CP3 and Payne are back, but losing Saric and Torrey Craig and gaining only Landry Shamet is a major step backwards, in my opinion.
No more Frank!!! There are much better options, especially for the MLE, and with the production that McGee had and the fact they are linking the Suns to him WITHOUT using the MLE on him, HELL YES!!!!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't want Howard around Ayton.

I would prefer not to have him around Ayton, either, but worse would be having no big in the rotation other than Ayton, which will force Ayton to play scared all of the time due to fear of foul trouble, a problem that reared its ugly head in Games 3 through 6 of the NBA Finals. And now we don't even have Torrey Craig to play center. If Ayton is out of the game, that leaves (ugh) Jae Crowder, Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges at Center.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No more Frank!!! There are much better options, especially for the MLE, and with the production that McGee had and the fact they are linking the Suns to him WITHOUT using the MLE on him, HELL YES!!!!

Are the Suns just not going to use their MLE this year? Is Sarver getting cheap again?

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Are the Suns just not going to use their MLE this year? Is Sarver getting cheap again?
MLE to be used on another significant player. If they can get McGeee for the BAE, then they can use the MLE on a guy like Zeller, Drummond, or someone that can play the 3/4 or preferably the 4/5.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They can split the MLE if they want.

I am just trying to figure out why quality bigs are flocking elsewhere for as little as $5 million per season if the Suns are offering their full MLE to any of them (as the Suns SHOULD be, given the obvious need).

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Turner can play beside Ayton and behind him. He is an excellent shooter.

Turner is the PERFECT starting 4 and backup 5 for the Suns. As far as 4/5 guys that would be attainable for the Suns, him and John Collins are the types to play alongside Ayton. Both defensive guys that can shoot and are good defensive players

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nicolas Batum stays with Clippers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I would prefer not to have him around Ayton, either, but worse would be having no big in the rotation other than Ayton, which will force Ayton to play scared all of the time due to fear of foul trouble, a problem that reared its ugly head in Games 3 through 6 of the NBA Finals. And now we don't even have Torrey Craig to play center. If Ayton is out of the game, that leaves (ugh) Jae Crowder, Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges at Center.
Yikes... You need to relax. We're in a pretty good spot. Just let it play out and enjoy the ride. I actually think it would be a good idea to have some flexibility going into the season so we can be player in the buyout market and miss season trades.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turner is the PERFECT starting 4 and backup 5 for the Suns. As far as 4/5 guys that would be attainable for the Suns, him and John Collins are the types to play alongside Ayton. Both defensive guys that can shoot and are good defensive players

I don’t think we got the pieces to get him

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose