Chris Paul free agency thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul reportedly had wrist surgery after the Finals.

By Marc J. Spears:

Phoenix Suns point guard Chris Paul is expected to be ready for the start of training camp next season after having left wrist surgery, a source told ESPN's The Undefeated on Monday.

Paul had the wrist surgery recently after the NBA Finals, the source said. The 36-year-old was seen wearing tape on his left wrist during the 2020 NBA Finals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Courageous of Chris Paul giving it his all in the Finals.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul reportedly had wrist surgery after the Finals.

By Marc J. Spears:

Phoenix Suns point guard Chris Paul is expected to be ready for the start of training camp next season after having left wrist surgery, a source told ESPN's The Undefeated on Monday.

Paul had the wrist surgery recently after the NBA Finals, the source said. The 36-year-old was seen wearing tape on his left wrist during the 2020 NBA Finals.

I posted exactly that (don't be surprised if Paul has offseason surgery). Everybody that had watched him all season long could tell something was not right during the entire finals. He couldn't hold on to the ball. His passing was beyond suspect and his shots one day were on and the next everything fell short.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The injury could have happened on a foul by Beverley.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe it's also the same hand he tore ligaments in Game 3 of the Clippers series.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yup. Happened at the end of the Clippers series, flared up at the beginning of Game 1 of the NBA Finals, and aggravated during Game 2 of the NBA Finals. The effect was palpable seeing Games 1 and 5 in person.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's more important than ever for the Suns to add a third point guard with Paul's injury.

They need to be able to rest him when needed.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was when Beverly undercut him...on purpose...and then mocked him. The entire point of that dirty play was to get Cp3 to fall awkwardly and hurt himself.

Anyone that think Beverly didn't purposely try to take out 2 best players is fooling himself. Now the question becomes if Ty Lou and the rest of the coaches were in on it??

When you get that far into the playoffs, it seems to be a legit strategy to send out a thug to injur star players. Worked for the spurs for years!

If a player gets suspended for a clearly dirty play, coach should get 2X the number of games. Only way to stop the tactic

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score

Need a legit back up 5, a BIG 4/5, backup 1/2, backup 3/4

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's more important than ever for the Suns to add a third point guard with Paul's injury.

They need to be able to rest him when needed.
Here, Cory Joseph would be ideal (as opposed to as a starter, as was speculated a couple of years ago).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here, Cory Joseph would be ideal (as opposed to as a starter, as was speculated a couple of years ago).

I agree. There will be some good players left out of the first waive of free agency.

Jae Crowder was signed on day two.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like there could be incentives at least for the final year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But depending on how it’s structured it could be a blessing if it’s $30/year (I can’t believe I am capable of typing that sentence).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But depending on how it’s structured it could be a blessing if it’s $30/year (I can’t believe I am capable of typing that sentence).

I guess it would be asking too much if the fourth year is a team option or only partially guaranteed.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Suns only team that could offer a 4th year. It was already reported that the deal may have a 4th year due to dealing with the PA President and the Over 38 Rule. Most likely the deal is as what was talked about before $30 mil per with the 4th year either being a TO or partially guaranteed only. If it's a TO, then it's basically a 3/$90 deal. If it's partially guaranteed for say that $10 in the 4th year, then it turns into a 3/$100 with $10mil dead money that 4th year for salary cap purposes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose