PFT on Kliff

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But he DOESNT pass well enough. When he can run, it masks his deficiency.

This isn't an opinion. He was bottom 5 passing 10-18 yards down the field.

Teams figured out that they can defend the first 0-9 yards and put some pressure so that he doesn't have time to let things develop down the field and Kyler couldn't beat it.
Kyler can pass just as well or even better for the first 0-9 yards, matter of fact he's deadly accurate to a 'T'. Heck, watch him in practice sinking balls with complete perfection in the net boxes, but... in a game his height does come into play and he cannot get it over the DL when using perfect form to throw

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
cmon Ouchie. Did i use the word "only"?
No you didn’t. But you brought up a completely unrelated item to criticize kk about, which I thought odd. I figured if you raised something unrelated to the topic you must’ve thought that was your primary focus as a OL drawback. Apologies if I got that wrong.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
No you didn’t. But you brought up a completely unrelated item to criticize kk about, which I thought odd. I figured if you raised something unrelated to the topic you must’ve thought that was your primary focus as a OL drawback. Apologies if I got that wrong.
it was like:

i think a good coach can get a team through one game when the starting QB goes down, but probably not more than that.

Kliff couldnt get one game --- either through a bad choice, or, bad prep of that choice

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
it was like:

i think a good coach can get a team through one game when the starting QB goes down, but probably not more than that.

Kliff couldnt get one game --- either through a bad choice, or, bad prep of that choice
Ah I get it now.

Reaction score

"Coaches are so smart, you might be really good the first six weeks, film gets out there, teams start scheming you up, and you have to find another look," the running back added.
A lot has been said about the Cardinals' slide last year after a 6-3 start, and what happened to the offense. Quarterback Kyler Murray getting banged up was a factor. But coaching adjustments were needed too, and Kliff Kingsbury agreed with Edmonds.
"(Chase) is a smart player, well versed in it, and I'll be the first one to take accountability on playcalls and things of that nature so I have no issue with (him saying) that," Kingsbury said.
Kingsbury said the main solution is to "evolve" each year in how the offense runs. Adding pieces to the offensive line (Rodney Hudson) and skill spots (A.J. Green, Rondale Moore, James Conner) should help, but so too should adjusting the playbook and other smaller details.

"Offensively we led the league in stalled drives due to penalty," Kingsbury said. "We were a top six offense, and had we not done that, who knows what we could've been."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

"Coaches are so smart, you might be really good the first six weeks, film gets out there, teams start scheming you up, and you have to find another look," the running back added.
A lot has been said about the Cardinals' slide last year after a 6-3 start, and what happened to the offense. Quarterback Kyler Murray getting banged up was a factor. But coaching adjustments were needed too, and Kliff Kingsbury agreed with Edmonds.
"(Chase) is a smart player, well versed in it, and I'll be the first one to take accountability on playcalls and things of that nature so I have no issue with (him saying) that," Kingsbury said.
Kingsbury said the main solution is to "evolve" each year in how the offense runs. Adding pieces to the offensive line (Rodney Hudson) and skill spots (A.J. Green, Rondale Moore, James Conner) should help, but so too should adjusting the playbook and other smaller details.

"Offensively we led the league in stalled drives due to penalty," Kingsbury said. "We were a top six offense, and had we not done that, who knows what we could've been."
Well kliff accountability and discipline are head coach thing. You have a player who leads the league in penalties it’s a player issue. When the team does it, it’s a coaching issue. Get your house straight.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well kliff accountability and discipline are head coach thing. You have a player who leads the league in penalties it’s a player issue. When the team does it, it’s a coaching issue. Get your house straight.
I dont know man. I've worked with groups that were straight knuckleheads, that senior leadership couldnt change them. Leadership only goes so far; some people you have to cut bait on and replace them.

Maybe, just maybe, this is what Keim was talking about when he talked about infusing the locker room with leadership. We can speculate all we want, but we don't know for sure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have some sympathy here for the players.

The majority of the penalties were on the O line and especially tackles. The up tempo, no huddle offense and the way Kyler snaps the ball don't help the O line with their timing.

If they couldn't get it right in empty stadiums I don't see it improving much unless there's some major tactical changes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dont know man. I've worked with groups that were straight knuckleheads, that senior leadership couldnt change them. Leadership only goes so far; some people you have to cut bait on and replace them.

Maybe, just maybe, this is what Keim was talking about when he talked about infusing the locker room with leadership. We can speculate all we want, but we don't know for sure.
The team lead the league in penalties. The offense lead the league in penalty stalled drives. That’s not a bunch of knuckleheads. That’s coaching. It’s always been called out as coaching because the head coach is responsible for setting the tone and holding players accountable. Yes, every team needs players who are leaders - but they lead, they don’t take the head coaches responsibilities. Ask any coach from nfl down to pee wee whose issue it is if you lead the league in penalties and to a person I’d bet they say “head coach.”

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The team lead the league in penalties. The offense lead the league in penalty stalled drives. That’s not a bunch of knuckleheads. That’s coaching. It’s always been called out as coaching because the head coach is responsible for setting the tone and holding players accountable. Yes, every team needs players who are leaders - but they lead, they don’t take the head coaches responsibilities. Ask any coach from nfl down to pee wee whose issue it is if you lead the league in penalties and to a person I’d bet they say “head coach.”

Exactly. No speculation needed here--don't have to be Nostradamus to figure out where to point the blame for the lack of leadership.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the coaching no doubt

Hard to see KK getting the team to respect and listen to him this year after collapsing last year, but we'll see

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. No speculation needed here--don't have to be Nostradamus to figure out where to point the blame for the lack of leadership.

It's the coaching no doubt

Hard to see KK getting the team to respect and listen to him this year after collapsing last year, but we'll see

I'm going to defend Kliff here and say I don't think it's respect or coaching. Seasoned vets didn't just start giving away pens because they don't respect Kliff.

Now I'm going to I'm going to blame him again and repeat what I said above. I believe the problem is the scheme. To some degree the pace but I'm guessing mainly the way Kyler handles the snap count.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm going to defend Kliff here and say I don't think it's respect or coaching. Seasoned vets didn't just start giving away pens because they don't respect Kliff.

Now I'm going to I'm going to blame him again and repeat what I said above. I believe the problem is the scheme. To some degree the pace but I'm guessing mainly the way Kyler handles the snap count.
You’re entitled to your opinion. And pace or kyler could have something to do with it. But we’ve seen plenty of teams play with pace and it hasn’t always been a penalty issue. And kylers been the QB for this team for 30+ games with scheme in which most/many players have been a part of . . . so I’m going to back to Occam’s razor . . . discipline comes down to culture which is primarily driven by coach.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kk improved red zone offense last year after poor first season. Let’s see if fewer penalties will be the theme early on this year

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is just dumb and I can't think of any logical reason to do this. Moving your WR's around gives you an advantage. Keeping them in one position gives the defense an advantage.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible that in the closed portion of practices, WR's are moved from the left side to the right side? And KK wants to keep that info under wraps until the season starts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it possible that in the closed portion of practices, WR's are moved from the left side to the right side? And KK wants to keep that info under wraps until the season starts.

I suppose, but it's hardly a big secret that WR's can move around and will confuse teams for all of about 5 minutes.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I suppose, but it's hardly a big secret that WR's can move around and will confuse teams for all of about 5 minutes.
It is possible that in addition to those five minutes, it could affect their game plans. Unless that it doesn't matter which side DeAndre and AJ line up. Many posters seem to indicate that it does.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is possible that in addition to those five minutes, it could affect their game plans. Unless that it doesn't matter which side DeAndre and AJ line up. Many posters seem to indicate that it does.

I would expect any CBs to watch tape and prepare for all WRs they might face. Like they do every other week.

Only playing vs one just make it easier for them but if not they are still prepared like any other week.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you think that you'll be going against a certain player, that's the one you concentrate on, even if you look at others. You, probably just don't look as hard. And that gives the edge to the WR. JMO.