2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Avery Bradley seems interesting a bit, if we can add him on the cheap.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Payne is retained they need some defense in the backcourt but I think Bradley is toast due to injuries.

And he has only played in 54 games the last three seasons.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we lose Cam Payne, Ish Smith would be a solid replacement. He's unrestricted and brings a similar type of game as Cam.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we lose Cam Payne, Ish Smith would be a solid replacement. He's unrestricted and brings a similar type of game as Cam.

Except he REALLY can't shoot. We already had Ish Smith once. I've seen enough of him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trez and Kuzma now going to Brooklyn in a sign and trade for Dinwiddie?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Trez and Kuzma now going to Brooklyn in a sign and trade for Dinwiddie?

If that happens, does that mean either Griffin or Green doesn't re-sign there? If so, sign me up for either.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Hopefully, the Suns can grab Portis for the full MLE and resign Payne along with Craig or Nader.

PG Paul/Payne
SG Booker/Laundry
SF Bridges/Cam/Craig
PF Portis/Jae/Craig
C Ayton/Smith

Not a bad 10 man rotation

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hopefully, the Suns can grab Portis for the full MLE and resign Payne along with Craig or Nader.

PG Paul/Payne
SG Booker/Laundry
SF Bridges/Cam/Craig
PF Portis/Jae/Craig
C Ayton/Smith

Not a bad 10 man rotation

Not bad, but that team is in serious trouble the moment Ayton is off the floor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cory Joseph is a player that could interest the Suns as a third point guard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A name I haven't seen mentioned since the season ended I'd be interested in is Kelly Olynik (sp?). He could play some PF with Ayton but also play Center to back him up. He's solid at setting screens and pick n roll game. He's not a great defender but adequate for a backup.

Of course Noel seems ideal but he's repped by Rich Paul which means he won't be cheap. If it comes down to getting 2 rotation players vs 1 with the MLE then I'm leaning towards 2, depending on who we're talking about.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A name I haven't seen mentioned since the season ended I'd be interested in is Kelly Olynik (sp?). He could play some PF with Ayton but also play Center to back him up. He's solid at setting screens and pick n roll game. He's not a great defender but adequate for a backup.

Of course Noel seems ideal but he's repped by Rich Paul which means he won't be cheap. If it comes down to getting 2 rotation players vs 1 with the MLE then I'm leaning towards 2, depending on who we're talking about.

I was look at Kelly Olynyk as well but he may be one of those MLE players.

Maybe the best way to do the roster is to add key pieces first like Payne and Olynyk then fill in the roster with the Bi-Annual Exception and minimum type players.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Olynyk should definitely be a target for the Suns, as should Trey Lyles.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Howard on this years team. I normally wouldn’t under different circumstances. But I don’t think he’s a Monty and JJ type of guy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat pick up $19.4 team option on Goran Dragic.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Howard on this years team. I normally wouldn’t under different circumstances. But I don’t think he’s a Monty and JJ type of guy.

I read somewhere Dwight Howard wanted to go back to the Lakers.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
FYI, not good news on the Noel and Olynyk fronts:

I am getting very worried that James Jones is going to ignore our biggest need a third time and just hope our team wins by shooting over 60% every game (which is what it would take, given our lack of size, strength, toughness, interior defense, rim protection and rebounding).

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Heat declining their option on Iggy though. Iggy and Mikal have been tweeting at each other a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Iggy ends up in Phoenix on a vet minimum.

EDIT: Never mind, they will use him in a trade for Lowry most likely.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, that's weird! I love Dragic, but damn...

Goran still has gas in the tank and the Heat can always use him in trade at the trade deadline. A lot of teams would have jumped to sign him. My vision of Dragic coming back to the Suns one day will likely never happen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard