Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Neither will ever be a #3 on a championship team. Cam plays hard on defense and hits timely shots, but don’t count on him to go for 20+ often. Mikal was supposed to be a lockdown defender, but he is getting exposed in this series. If they just focus on their own craft, they’ll both have long, successful careers in the league
Bridges defense has been excellent all series. Check the matchup stats Middleton struggles to shoot over him.

His offense has been inconsistent because that’s who he is.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So....... I think I took this loss really poorly.

I am not sure I have ever seen such poor shooting lead to such long rebounds that the other team miraculously came up with in my life.

It's not over...... but it sure does feel like it. I have no faith in Paul finding his rhythm. And Mikal & Cam aren't ready to be #3.

It was a tough loss for sure.

Except for some obvious errant passes Paul played fairly well. He shot 9-16 from the field, 3-4 from three and had 11 assists.

He was credited with 1 turnover but he made some bad passes that didn't show up in the box score.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This loss hurts, no two ways about it. Some of these reactions though are ridiculous. I'm not going to name names, I don't need to.

I'll be back for game 6 with just as much hope as I've had for each game in this series. Even if they lose, I'll love this team just as much as I did when they closed out the Clippers. We've been playing with house money all postseason and this run has been incredible. I don't want it to end, especially with a loss, but I'm damn proud of this team for getting here.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 with the bone headed foul didn’t help either. Just not a smart move near the end. Giannis keeps beating us down court.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I was just about to say this...... We shot almost 70% from three and lost. We had 5 TO's. They had 11.

WTH man....... Taking this about as poorly as you can take a loss.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every defining play of this series has included at least one Suns error.
That stupid *** book strip was a killer man i feel soooooo crappy now just awful awful loss

Tom gonna suck I'm avoiding sports media for few days watch mystery science theater 3000 to relax

Have a major stress fan headache now my head is pounding lol

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This is all composure when it matters...... The last two game. Every defining play was an error by us. Every one.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just about to say this...... We shot almost 70% from three and lost. We had 5 TO's. They had 11.

All comes back to game management and Monty is the fool

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was a tough loss for sure.

Except for some obvious errant passes Paul played fairly well. He shot 9-16 from the field, 3-4 from three and had 11 assists.

He was credited with 1 turnover but he made some bad passes that didn't show up in the box score.
He got abused on defense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no good replacement, but resigning him to a cap killing deal to lose in the second round 3 years in a row doesn‘t make any sense.

I would try and do a sign and trade.

yeah you flat out can’t commit that kind of money to any player outside of Lebron who’s that old.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

the shot making by both teams is ridiculous. I thought the shot making was incredible in the Clippers series, but tonight was amazing all the way down to the end. I never felt like the game was over and it was one of the most exciting finals games I've ever watched. a stat that I would be curious to see are the offensive rebounds. the Bucks seem to crash the boards like no other. and those boards kill clock when they play with the lead.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There is no good replacement, but resigning him to a cap killing deal to lose in the second round 3 years in a row doesn‘t make any sense.

I would try and do a sign and trade.
This young team would take a HUGE step backwards without Paul. Like play-in game far back. No bueno. I’d rather the young guys continue to develop under Paul to the point where they just need a good, not necessarily great, pg. they can try to acquire one of those via the draft or by being opportunistic. I think you stunt the young guys’ growth if you go back to no legit pg.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave