Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The shorter the series, the more convincing. I would like to see the asterisks talk silenced as much as possible and a sweep would help do that.

This team has worked too hard to deserve anyone to question the quality or validity of its accomplishments.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With the injuries to Saric and Craig, we’re down to seven rotation players, and just two bigs. The longer the series goes, the more that’s going to catch up to us. We need to end this series fast.
Craig just bumped his knee. No structural damage. He's day to day. May be available sooner than ya think.
If worse comes to worse we force them to go small. np

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t be too jealous, I worded my post poorly. We are going to the Suns arena to watch the away game on the jumbotron. We did it for one of the Clippers’ away games as well. It was tons of fun and the tickets are only $10.

my little brother and his friends want to do that. Do they let you pick your seats or is it just a first come first serve thing

he was asking me today and I have no idea

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
my little brother and his friends want to do that. Do they let you pick your seats or is it just a first come first serve thing

he was asking me today and I have no idea

Its sold out now so hopefully you got tickets. And you pick your own seats when you’re in there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey Craig's knee is still a bit sore. His status will be updated tomorrow after a light practice today.

Kellan Olson

@KellanOlson

Monty Williams said Torrey Craig had some testing done yesterday that came back clean but he’s still sore. He will go through some things in a light practice today. They’ll have an update on his status tomorrow.

11:23 AM · Jul 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Craig from Duane Rankin.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns in 4 maybe 5 to celebrate back in Phoenix

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Sitting in the Atlanta airport with a suns shirt on. Waiting for my flight to Milwaukee. Many stares.... Multiple nice people telling me if we were playing anyone else.... They'd be rooting for us.

Odd. Stop being nice to me! Haha

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting in the Atlanta airport with a suns shirt on. Waiting for my flight to Milwaukee. Many stares.... Multiple nice people telling me if we were playing anyone else.... They'd be rooting for us.

Odd. Stop being nice to me! Haha

its impossible to dislike this Suns team.

I kinda feel the same way about the Bucks. There’s no “bad guys” or even massive showboats or craptalkers. It’s just two teams filled with guys who play hard and leave it all on the court.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That really bugs the heck out of me. He's like a freakin bowling ball and our team are the pins. They need to call a few of those.
The problem is what you saw with Craig. In order to take a charge you have to plant yourself and allow that dude to get a running start and be prepared for him to lower his shoulder into you. It’s ridiculous that it’s not a Player control foul, but that’s how it’s called.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Options if Craig can't go include more minutes for Cam Johnson and playing Abdel Nader.

Kellan Olson
https://twitter.com/KellanOlson
@KellanOlson

Replying to
@KellanOlson
If Craig can’t go Monty mentioned more minutes for Cam Johnson as a possibility, as well as adding Abdel Nader back to the rotation

11:24 AM · Jul 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Both Cams needed more min.
As well as Johnson has been playing he's rotting too long on the bench. Paul and book were pulled at the end of the game because they didn't get any rest and were spent. Monty has got to do better at rotating body's.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both Cams needed more min.
As well as Johnson has been playing he's rotting too long on the bench. Paul and book were pulled at the end of the game because they didn't get any rest and were spent. Monty has got to do better at rotating body's.

The Bucks are playing their bench more than the Suns especially Pat Connaughton who played 34 minutes in Game 2.

I think Cam Johnson will get more minutes on Sunday because of the injury to Craig.

While I'd like for the Suns to give the starters more rest it's hard to argue with Monty's formula while they are winning.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks are playing their bench more than the Suns especially Pat Connaughton who played 34 minutes in Game 2.

I think Cam Johnson will get more minutes on Sunday because of the injury to Craig.

While I'd like for the Suns to give the starters more rest it's hard to argue with Monty's formula while they are winning.

They're playing Connaughnaton a lot because we're playing Lopez off the floor, as well as Portis. I've seen that mentioned as an adjustment the Bucks need to make. Maybe sub Lopez in when Ayton rests. Its tough for them to counter our regular lineup and when we go small, they can't deal with it at all so they may as well try to use size as an advantage. Who knows if Bud will try it or how long they could get away with it.

I know fatigue is something to consider but our guys need to be ready to go. They have a long break coming.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're playing Connaughnaton a lot because we're playing Lopez off the floor, as well as Portis. I've seen that mentioned as an adjustment the Bucks need to make. Maybe sub Lopez in when Ayton rests. Its tough for them to counter our regular lineup and when we go small, they can't deal with it at all so they may as well try to use size as an advantage. Who knows if Bud will try it or how long they could get away with it.

I know fatigue is something to consider but our guys need to be ready to go. They have a long break coming.

Yeah, it's hard to substitute a big like Lopez once the Suns kick it into overdrive but I suspect Budenholzer will give it a try.

I'm sure the Suns will be ready to go.

I thought Monty wisely used timeouts late in Game 2 to give Chris Paul a breather.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I noticed in game two our guys seemed to pass to get others better shots. Their guys seemed to pass a few times because they did not want to take the shot. A huge difference in how both teams played offense. You can't be on the finals not looking to shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard