Deandre Ayton discussion

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton is devouring rebounds like the Cookie Monster devours cookies. :Dold:lmao:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Ayton might be too afraid to tell CP3 if he did care.

I can also see Paul telling him not to wait so long next game to get 20.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you get a guy that young with that much talent who is willing to be coached but not only coached but coached hard then you got something that could be special.

you got a guy in Dallas and a guy in New Orleans who are you and from the outside looking in it looks like they think they know everything already.

the knock on him coming out was he plays no defense at all now he’s flat out elite on that end of the court and numbers show it while continuing to be freakishly efficient on the offensive end.

just thank god we didn’t draft Marvin Bagley yikes

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His screens and movement on offense are really underrated. He sets really good ones and moves to good spaces smartly; it completely opens up our offense. I cannot think of a single other big man that could do what he does (maybe Davis) to get our offense initiated.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There have been a few times Ayton has ran the floor from end to end and finished with a dunk or an oop. It's just a great thing to see. I remember so many times watching him play and he couldn't do that. He looked gassed and slow.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That’s another thing: he is playing 5 more mpg in the playoffs AND somehow playing harder. That’s somewhat of a surprise.

Folks kept saying “does a Chris Paul team have another gear in the playoffs?” The answer is clear: Ayton unleashed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When you get a guy that young with that much talent who is willing to be coached but not only coached but coached hard then you got something that could be special.

you got a guy in Dallas and a guy in New Orleans who are you and from the outside looking in it looks like they think they know everything already.

the knock on him coming out was he plays no defense at all now he’s flat out elite on that end of the court and numbers show it while continuing to be freakishly efficient on the offensive end.

just thank god we didn’t draft Marvin Bagley yikes
Agreed. And there’s still time for luka and Zion. By all accounts Paul thought he knew everything as a rookie too. Sometimes it just takes the right coach, right coaches, or time.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Coincidently, the prop on his rebounds tonight is 12.5. Yahoo said to take the under.

Seems to me like he plays massive minutes with Saric out and facing 3 days til the next game. I would take the over.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
DA's expectations have been raised significantly. It will be interesting to see how he handles pressure. He has been great so far.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One of the many incredibly stunning aspects to Ayton's post-season performance, is how he has managed to stay out of foul trouble while being so productive!

From what I've seen, he has the ability to know when a guy is going to score anyway. He has really developed a good feel for post defense.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Ayton played pretty mediocre last night several times failing to catch or finish at the rim on lobs. But late in the game he had 2 HUGE plays back to back a huge offensive board kickout for a 3 pushing the lead to 9. And then a rare for him play where on a baseline drive he came over blocked the shot and kept it in play. His defense has come leaps and bounds, still would like to see him more consistently challenge shots at the rim but he's getting there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave