The NBA is rigged

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Not rigged. Replay sucks the life out of games in every sport for me. And it worked in favor of the suns getting that last replay to draw up a play.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never change Jon! I'm glad the Suns are back in the playoffs just to read these threads!

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
That was the worst officiating I have ever seen in any game at any level. I will never complain about officiating in a Cardinals game again. I agree that there was motive behind the poor officiating this evening. All the way down to only two tenths of a second coming off of the clock on a scoring possession.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It is absolutely rigged... we already knew that from Tim Donaghy story.

The refs tilt the game which ever way the NBA wants. It doesn't mean you can't overcome it by playing great... just like any other sport. But you absolutely DO need to play great to overcome it.

It's BS.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Although this is 100% true. Bridgesface don’t care.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That was the worst officiating I have ever seen in any game at any level. I will never complain about officiating in a Cardinals game again. I agree that there was motive behind the poor officiating this evening. All the way down to only two tenths of a second coming off of the clock on a scoring possession.
I only saw the last 3 mins of the game, which felt like 30 mins. I've seen worse officiating over many games, but if I were a suns fan I would be more upset. The whole reason we have to watch so much replay now in sports is due to the past where refs missed or made phantom calls. like a foul when there is 0 contact, or they've blown a clear and obvious call. but now replay is micromanaging all sports and when it is not clear and obvious it is forcing refs to make ridiculous decisions like the out of bounds where booker was palming the ball. if that is called any other time in the game it's not reviewed and it is never questioned by anyone.

for me replay has killed soccer. the last 3 mins of this game with replay is basically what you see in the English Premier League now. it's ridiculous...worse than basketball.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
It's not rigged. It's just silly to review calls at the end of the game like this. Give teams 2 reviews each and everything else stands. Refs miss calls and fouls all game and that shouldn't change at the end of the game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If the NBA is rigged, no way Phoenix, Milwaukee and Atlanta would be three of the final four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great point. and the Clippers have only been in the WCF once, this time being the first. I don't think they are any bigger of a draw than any other team that is left, especially with KL hurt. You saw how clutch PG is tonight. I mean he basically brain farted twice with the game on the line. I think this is merely the side effect that comes with replay. I am willing to scrap replay just to go back to the game being decided live so that we don't have to sit through replays that often don't get called right anyway. It took the refs like 5 mins to sort out that last play and they still allegedly left too much time on the clock.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If the NBA is rigged, no way Phoenix, Milwaukee and Atlanta would be three of the final four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't have to be rigged just to get certain teams to win (although it helps in those cases, too). It can also be rigged to extend series, generate "drama," and boost ratings, too.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It's not rigged. It's just silly to review calls at the end of the game like this. Give teams 2 reviews each and everything else stands. Refs miss calls and fouls all game and that shouldn't change at the end of the game.
that's not a bad idea. and punish them with a timeout if they don't get their review overturned. I actually like that the NHL will put the opposite team on a Power Play if you challenge a play and lose. that to me is getting it right because there are no automatic reviews to my knowledge and coaches will not challenge unless they are 100% sure, because it can cost them a game. all of the other sports I watch have really screwed up with replay.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be rigged just to get certain teams to win (although it helps in those cases, too). It can also be rigged to extend series, generate "drama," and boost ratings, too.
Maybe, but I don't agree with boosting ratings. obviously the refs want the game to be competitive and not one sided. the suns benefited from a replay that ultimately helped them win the game. so it was not one sided, although a lot of the calls did go against them.

I think you can make the case that the series from the mid 2000s were a lot worse. the suns/spurs, mavs/heat. those had some terrible officiating. I didn't see the whole game tonight so I might have missed a lot bad officiating, but the last 3 mins was terrible because of replay decisions on tick tack calls.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It is rigged. The refs make calls with the intent of keeping games close or series close. They do not in any way call the game straight up. Fouls from previous games factor in, coaches and players very obviously influence refs....and then you have guys that make spite calls if a player calls them out.

In the nba the way the refs choose to call a game influences every part of it. Their is no consistency, and no objectivity. The nba hates blowout wins...so they tell their refs to keep a team as close as they can. In the NFL....they still call holding in the last 5 min of a blowout. Look how many penalties happen in the last 5 of nba blowout. Basically nothing

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It is rigged. The refs make calls with the intent of keeping games close or series close. They do not in any way call the game straight up. Fouls from previous games factor in, coaches and players very obviously influence refs....and then you have guys that make spite calls if a player calls them out.

In the nba the way the refs choose to call a game influences every part of it. Their is no consistency, and no objectivity. The nba hates blowout wins...so they tell their refs to keep a team as close as they can. In the NFL....they still call holding in the last 5 min of a blowout. Look how many penalties happen in the last 5 of nba blowout. Basically nothing
I think I know where you are coming from. there aren't many blowouts anymore in playoff basketball. a lot of games are close and even big leads can be trimmed with the 3 point shot. so the refs appear to have a lot more influence on close games.

was this game a blowout? I only saw the last few mins and it was very close. the clippers kept coming back, it's not like the refs were doing everything. I feel like every team has fans that make this complaint. all the Dallas teams have fans that complain about refs being against them. refs are not robots, they are human and they will miss calls. it is subjective, but we as fans try to make them robots by wanting everything replayed and every call perfect. perfection does not exist, not even with replay. so I would rather go back to letting the refs be human so that we can watch games live and enjoy the moment. I wish there were a way to fix clear and obvious blown calls, but replay like we saw at the end of this game and like what we see in many other sports....it goes way too far.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think I know where you are coming from. there aren't many blowouts anymore in playoff basketball. a lot of games are close and even big leads can be trimmed with the 3 point shot. so the refs appear to have a lot more influence on close games.

was this game a blowout? I only saw the last few mins and it was very close. the clippers kept coming back, it's not like the refs were doing everything. I feel like every team has fans that make this complaint. all the Dallas teams have fans that complain about refs being against them. refs are not robots, they are human and they will miss calls. it is subjective, but we as fans try to make them robots by wanting everything replayed and every call perfect. perfection does not exist, not even with replay. so I would rather go back to letting the refs be human so that we can watch games live and enjoy the moment. I wish there were a way to fix clear and obvious blown calls, but replay like we saw at the end of this game and like what we see in many other sports....it goes way too far.

No..this game was pretty close. I am 100 percent certain...like literally no doubt....that the refs saw a close game...with 2 super stars out. If the Sun's win this game...and CP3 is back, everyone knows its over in 5. However...if the refs just hand the clips this game with their nonsense calls at the end of the game (offensive foul on Booker, followed by just a flat out lie saying it goes off Bokks hand)...then this series might go 6-7 games...Kawhi might play...it would be "better for the league"....so they just blatantly cheat. Those 2 plays I mentioned were fixed. They were not called fairly, and they were meant to give the clips the win. If George hits the gifted free throws they win.

My point about blowouts is that when you have one...all of sudden there are no fouls, no penalties at all. The refs sit there. In a real league...there are penalties...it doesn't matter the score or the time on the clock...the game is called pretty much straight up and fair. In the NBA the refs decide if they will make calls based on how it will effect the outcome of the game...not becauseca penalty actually occurs

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose