Suns @ Nuggets Sunday Playoff game thread 6-13-2021 - Game 4

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns could really usher in a renaissance of the mid-range game if they keep playing like this. All of these teams overplay the 3 and protect the rim. It seemed like anytime we needed a bucket, Paul or Book would just find an open pocket for an easy 2.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns could really usher in a renaissance of the mid-range game if they keep playing like this. All of these teams overplay the 3 and protect the rim. It seemed like anytime we needed a bucket, Paul or Book would just find an open pocket for an easy 2.

The announcers touched on that some. Apparently Paul started working hard on his midrange game a few years back when the Warriors run started because all teams seemed to drop back off pick and rolls, giving up open looks from midrange. He figured that if they're giving it to you, take it.

Booker developed his midrange game by being a student of the game plus having to single handedly carry the Suns offense for the last couple of sessons. Hes not particularly quick but he's strong and able get defenders on his hip which leads to easy And-1's also. Once he learned he could get that whenever he wanted and was able to draw those fouls, he started doing it a half dozen times a game or so.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was bad but I didn't think a flagrant 2 according to some angles. The first one shown looked way worse though.

I thought it was a flagrant 2 immediately after I saw the replay, however, I was skeptical if the referees would call it.

This time I give kudos to the referees. It might be the first time. :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was bad but I didn't think a flagrant 2 according to some angles. The first one shown looked way worse though.

One of the things they look for now is whether there is an excessive windup and a followthrough. From what I've heard from referees, if that happens AND there is contact, it's a no brainer regardless of whether the contact is intentional. The windup and followthrough increase the likelihood of damage if contact is made and they are trying to remove that behavior from the game for player safety.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was a flagrant 2 immediately after I saw the replay, however, I was skeptical if the referees would call it.

This time I give kudos to the referees. It might be the first time. :D

ESPN has a front page article about it with quotes from other players, mostly disagreeing with the Flagrant 2 call. I figure the game was over, it didnt change the outcome.

I'm also surprised they ruled it a 2 and tossed him. I think how he acted right after is what nailed it for the refs. If he showed immediate remorse then it might have saved him.

ESPN.com/nba/story/_/id/31627837/nba-playoffs-2021-trae-young-ja-morant-weigh-nikola-jokic-ejection

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was for sure a flagrant 2. I too was shocked they actually called it.

They had the head of the NBAs replay thingie dodad there and he confirmed it.
Jokic would maybe have led nuggets to a win if wasn't ejected thank god lol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better than nash? For paul

Both players are insanely good.

I made a comparison in another post that the Suns may have caught lightning in a bottle twice. Once with Steve Nash and the other with Chris Paul.

They are MVP type players many thought who were past their prime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard