Kyler Murray has been working out since Jan

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Since its the critical overreaction to Kyler thread.

I will say he needs to clean up/stop that "pat the football" thing he does before throwing. Missed out on a TD vs WFT to Isabella because of it. And likely missed out on the tying TD to Isabella vs. Seahawks as well
In all honesty, Isabella would’ve dropped it anyway.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are discussing Kylers bench press? Woopty do...

They were discussing his off-season workout/improvement and whether it counts or not based on if it is/isn't plastered on social media. Referenced the "Twitter stuff" that happened recently.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, I don't want to shock you or anything, but this whole board is opinion based. Unless we have Cardinals employees and insiders here we don't know about.

Now on saying that, there's a difference between conjecture and deductive reasoning.
But you’re “deductive reasoning” is based on chicken feces. That has the same weight and applicability as the arguments you’re using to support your statement that something isn’t happening. I love when people try to prove a negative by offering absence of evidence as actual evidence. It may actually be the worst line of reasoning possible.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t care how much he benches. Staying fit is obviously important, but I want to know how he’s improving his reads and stepping up in the pocket. Things like that...
Do we get much info on those types of things on any QB in the offseason? I’d bet the info on Allen’s work with Palmer didn’t include that kind of minutiae

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And of course blogger Chuck is now trying to take credit for Murray's throwing video

Not that it was always happening but instead that internet blogger Chuck is the reason pro athletes are working in the off season.

Chuck and Mitch have never had more insight than you. They are monkeys throwing poop on a dartboard and surprised some of it sticks

When I realized Mitch had no more access than anyone else on this board, I realized he was passing off pure fiction as fact.

I found it hilarious when Darren Urban called him out for having no access and making stuff up.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Since its the critical overreaction to Kyler thread.

I will say he needs to clean up/stop that "pat the football" thing he does before throwing. Missed out on a TD vs WFT to Isabella because of it. And likely missed out on the tying TD to Isabella vs. Seahawks as well

AI wouldn't have caught them anyway.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But you’re “deductive reasoning” is based on chicken feces. That has the same weight and applicability as the arguments you’re using to support your statement that something isn’t happening. I love when people try to prove a negative by offering absence of evidence as actual evidence. It may actually be the worst line of reasoning possible.

Do you think that Kyler has been or is training with a QB coach this offseason?

Considering that Chuck specifically called him out for not doing that and in 2 days since then Kyler has posted him throwing balls to Green and Keeshawn and had his coach post a work out video but he hasn't mentioned anything about the QB coach he has been working out with on the DL. Despite that being the accusation leveled at him he just decided to keep that quiet.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we get much info on those types of things on any QB in the offseason? I’d bet the info on Allen’s work with Palmer didn’t include that kind of minutiae

Well yeah, because these are the kinds of things you do with a QB coach. You don;t get better at reading defences or studying film by just doing it on your own without someone to coach you where you are going wrong and to tell you if you are doing it right or not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Considering that Chuck specifically called him out for not doing that and in 2 days since then Kyler has posted him throwing balls to Green and Keeshawn and had his coach post a work out video but he hasn't mentioned anything about the QB coach he has been working out with on the DL. Despite that being the accusation leveled at him he just decided to keep that quiet.
A) who the F is chuck? Does he live in kylers hometown? He doesn’t know any more than you and I.
B) again, who the F is chuck that his accusation is worth any more response than kyler’s FU?

that absence of evidence is NOT evidence. There is ZERO actually evidence that kyler isn’t engaged with some sort of coach. We don’t know. And to claim otherwise is just empty accusations.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well yeah, because these are the kinds of things you do with a QB coach. You don;t get better at reading defences or studying film by just doing it on your own without someone to coach you where you are going wrong and to tell you if you are doing it right or not.
The post I responded to was specifically about “studying his reads” and “stepping up the pocket.” The latter isn’t something that is coached specifically by a QB coach and isn’t something you can really practice by yourself. The former is really on KK as a random qb coach would likely only have minimal insight into what kk wants the reads to be in regards to his play design.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely he has been working out all off season. Do you think Keesan Johnson and AJ Green were just summoned by a genie because of some idiot on twitter?

Chuck is a nobody. That's why Kyler was making fun of him as a "Reporter".

He is a blogger. Be smarter than this sort of nonsense

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And why is he putting in extra work with AJ Green? Because he is a new receiver and he needs to get his timing down with him on the outside.

I have a better question...

Why do the same group of harpies continue to question Kyler's work ethic and intelligence?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And why is he putting in extra work with AJ Green? Because he is a new receiver and he needs to get his timing down with him on the outside.

I have a better question...

Why do the same group of harpies continue to question Kyler's work ethic and intelligence?

Why? Because so far in his career he has shown very little development and in some areas regression. Less than you would expect from year 1 to year 2, and less than we have seen from other QB's recently who we were told Kyler was going to be as good as, if not better, as the number 1 pick.

Why do some people get their panties in a bunch whenever someone questions the QB? Yet it's universally acceptable to criticize any other position?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely he has been working out all off season. Do you think Keesan Johnson and AJ Green were just summoned by a genie because of some idiot on twitter?

Chuck is a nobody. That's why Kyler was making fun of him as a "Reporter".

He is a blogger. Be smarter than this sort of nonsense

I mean this is bare minimum stuff. If he wasn't throwing balls to his new #2 wide receiver it would be concerning.

"Kyler is working out and throwing balls" isn't remotely what this conversation is about. I'm sure everyone here expected that to be happening.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's almost as if something is driving your perception that he doesn't work hard and isn't bright. I wonder what it could be.

Your imagination? Especially as I have said neither he isn't bright or isn't working hard.

Fan questions black player = Normal criticism that goes with the job

Fan question black quarterback = Which Klan chapter are you a member of?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Because so far in his career he has shown very little development and in some areas regression. Less than you would expect from year 1 to year 2, and less than we have seen from other QB's recently who we were told Kyler was going to be as good as, if not better, as the number 1 pick.

Why do some people get their panties in a bunch whenever someone questions the QB? Yet it's universally acceptable to criticize any other position?

Criticism of things that are tangible and measurable is valid criticism.

Assumptions about work ethic during the off season is biased criticism.

As to the source of your bias? It can be anything from regional, to age, to your personal experience, or yes even race / religion / politics. Bias comes from anywhere within your life.

As to the lack of progression compared to other QBs who have come out recently, I would encourage you to check that compared to 1 year college starters.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort