2021 UDFA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well Arnold was a UDFA back in 2017....but Kyler did have some trust and chemistry. Just wish we didn’t let him go.
But it took him a few years to get to last years point of production. If it takes years to get to last years point of production from Arnold with a new UDFA then we failed miserably at replacing the production and everyone claiming he was easily a replacement level player was wrong.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well Arnold was a UDFA back in 2017....but Kyler did have some trust and chemistry. Just wish we didn’t let him go.
But it took him a few years to get to last years point of production. If it takes years to get to last years point of production from Arnold with a new UDFA then we failed miserably at replacing the production and everyone claiming he was easily a replacement level player was wrong.

Keim said they ll fix the position by free agency, has told he has a couple of good options
I checked the list and no one is a good option

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You may recall I have Canadian sources. Bruno Labelle is a blocking TE. He is a very aggressive blocker who will need to add strength to improve his 245 lb impact but he brings plenty of grit to the task. He has caught a few passes but is not viewed as a valued receiver. Some saw him as a fullback or H-Back FITB. He could be a special teams option but seems too limited to make the roster.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Blue North Draft report shows these two signings for the Cards.

QB Feleipe Franks and RB Javian Hawkins signed with Arizona,

the internet says Hawkins is a falcon???
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jets guarantee big money to undrafted rookies Kenny Yeboah, Isaiah Dunn

The Jets have agreed to terms with 12 undrafted free agents, Ralph Vacchaino of SNY.com reports. Priority free agents Kenny Yeboah and Isaiah Dunn were among them.

Dunn, a cornerback from Oregon State, received $185,000 in guaranteed money, including a $25,000 signing bonus, Aaron Wilson reports. Yeboah, a tight end from Ole Miss, will make $200,000 in guaranteed money with a $20,000 signing bonus, Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports.

Are some of you still saying this isn't done to entice players to sign with your club?

Used car was brought up

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the internet says Hawkins is a falcon???
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You were right and I deleted my posts. I looked at other sites and they say Atlanta signed both. Some of these draft sites are not very accurate especially on the UDFAs. We should find out today when the teams release their official lists.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score

RE Arnold: If we want to replace Dan Arnolds production without upside or risk, jusk sign the corpse of Darren Fells again. They are very similar in their production.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is if you offer more money and go after them aggressive

It does not work that way. Each team has a certain amount of money they can use for signing bonuses. Well, they decide themselves how much money they will spend on different players, so as an example, they could have offered it all to one player and then be unable to sign anyone else. Anyway, the point is that a team is not allowed to be aggressive that way and simply offer whatever it takes to the player.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope they sign hamilcar Rashed Jr, he is from Phoenix and he wants to play for the Cardinals

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does not work that way. Each team has a certain amount of money they can use for signing bonuses. Well, they decide themselves how much money they will spend on different players, so as an example, they could have offered it all to one player and then be unable to sign anyone else. Anyway, the point is that a team is not allowed to be aggressive that way and simply offer whatever it takes to the player.
Ok.

So would you rather have a full amount of UDFa low level guys or pay a little more to get better guys?

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok.

So would you rather have a full amount of UDFa low level guys or pay a little more to get better guys?

No, I am with you (I think) in that in the current situation I would prefer like three or four of the best remaining. If they keep it at that level they would probably be able to pay a bigger signing bonus than other would do.

It was just to say that the Cards cannot just offer more and more money even if they wanted to. :)

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I am with you (I think) in that in the current situation I would prefer like three or four of the best remaining. If they keep it at that level they would probably be able to pay a bigger signing bonus than other would do.

It was just to say that the Cards cannot just offer more and more money even if they wanted to. :)
My theory is to use any and all means to improve the team

Granted the odds of these players making the squad is low, but if we are going to participate we might as well do it the best way

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
He doesn't look fast at all in his highlights. Might be ok, but he's no Dan Arnold.
He ran a 4.75. Arnold was 4.68 so not quite as fast. We will see. not a lot of other options on the team right now anyway

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think next year is the year the Cards have to pay a little attention to the TE position.
Outside of Troy Nicklas seven years ago, they haven't taken a TE above the seventh round in ten years.

Since the year 2000, the only TE's taken above round seven have been Leonard Pope, Rob Housler, and Troy Nicklas. It's like that long sad streak of about 12 years when they didn't take an O Lineman above the 4th round except Deuce Lutui.

This year they should use Larry as a move TE, Williams as the blocking TE, and get 5 serious receivers on the field at once. Larry's not as fast as 15 years ago, but has great hands and can block downfield like a ****.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think next year is the year the Cards have to pay a little attention to the TE position.
Outside of Troy Nicklas seven years ago, they haven't taken a TE above the seventh round in ten years.

Since the year 2000, the only TE's taken above round seven have been Leonard Pope, Rob Housler, and Troy Nicklas. It's like that long sad streak of about 12 years when they didn't take an O Lineman above the 4th round except Deuce Lutui.

This year they should use Larry as a move TE, Williams as the blocking TE, and get 5 serious receivers on the field at once. Larry's not as fast as 15 years ago, but has great hands and can block downfield like a ****.
I find it funny you think Larry would move to TE.