OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NFL draft prospects: Ohio State LB Pete Werner
Downside: Struggles in coverage have come against quicker and faster targets. Werner is not a defender you stick man to man on, say, Alvin Kamara. Speed appears average for the position. Can flip his hips and turn but will be beat on double moves. Zero career interceptions and seven passes defended (zero in 2020).

Could do a better job slipping blocks (as opposed to taking them head on). Isn’t a tackle machine, even amid a talented LB group, wasn’t around the ball quite as much as you’d ideally like to see. Not as instinctive as his reputation might suggest.

Must clean up his tackling. Fails to wrap up and misses ideal strike zone on ball carriers in space. Lacks ideal lateral range as a run defender and can let players outflank him to the flats. Not as effective breaking down in space.
NFL draft prospects: Ohio State LB Pete Werner (yahoo.com)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Geeze, outside of the top CBs in the draft, for once, I have no idea who I want us to go after. I'm so undereducated about the available players this year. Oh well, I'm sure I'll have fun reacting one way or another :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is pretty interesting on the WR class

for those that dont want to click through

Smith and Chase. high rating is justified
Waddle and Toney. potential, but beware
TuTu Atwell. very underrated

Playmaker Score 2021 | Football Outsiders

I wouldn't touch Atwell now and I wasn't a fan before.

155lbs for a WR is garbage.

His height, weight, arm, hand and wingspan are all single digit percentile. His VJ and BJ were poor. And his agility drills were not good for that size. Only 63rd percentile in the 3 cone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson