Mock Draft - Post Free Agency

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He really must not be good.

If he was, they would not have signed Winters. That signing tells me they have zero confidence in him, because they already had Murray that could be a backup.

Kugler says the opposite.

Winter replaces Cole and offers, at a minimum, solid vet depth.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
POST TRADE(s)

1 - Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence - QB - Clemson
*Pretty standard here. Best QB. Position of need.

2 - NY Jets - Zach Wilson - QB - BYU
*They turned down a huge offer to get to two which means QB. Wilson is the guy.

3 - San Francisco - Trey Lance - QB - North Dakota St. (TRADE w/ Miami from 12)
*SF was always going to address their QB situation this offseason. Lance gives them the second most pro-ready QB prospect in the draft. I say that because he did more pro QB stuff at North Dakota than the others and didn't have the Alabama OL and weapons.

4 - Atlanta - Penei Sewell - OL - Oregon
*I'm not sold on Atlanta moving on from Matt Ryan and I know they need to upgrade their offensive line. Sewell gives them a great opportunity to do so.

5 - Cincinnati - Rashawn Slater - OL - Northwestern
*They are going to protect Burrow and it doesn't really matter if the move Jonah Williams or not, Slater can fit at multiple spots.

6 - Miami - Kyle Pitts - TE - Florida (TRADE w/ Philadelphia)
*Definite need position for them and one of the best players in the draft. Where fit and grade match. The popular opinion will be Devonta Smith here but I don't know that you put a guy who said Mac Jones was better than Tua with Tua. I am sure they would get past it, but that would be a news story that you don't want to have to deal with. Also, Pitts has the size and athleticism to be a weapon in bad weather late in the season.

7 - Detroit - Jamar Chase - WR - LSU
*Best WR in the draft drops to Detroit where he will go to obscurity. RAC WR that Goff needs and fills a large hole.

8 - Carolina - Justin Fields - QB - Ohio St.
*Carolina is after a bigger fish at QB, but for now, I will pencil them in with Fields. Big and athletic he offers more than Bridgewater but doesn't have to jump in right away. Carolina might have to move up for Fields but I don't have a great feel for how they perceive the gap between Fields and Mac Jones.

9 - NY Jets - Patrick Surtain II - CB - Alabama (TRADE w/ Denver for Darnold)
*Got the QB and now they get the CB. Perfect CB for Salah's defense and has NFL bloodlines which helps.

10 - Dallas - Kwity Paye - EDGE - Michigan
*A perfect 4-3 DE who is also freak athlete. Will be great across from Demarcus Lawrence and excels against the run and pass. I feel like they think the offense is ready to go but the defense needs a little more talent. Horn will be a consideration, but the WRs in the division are not great and being able to pressure with 4 will be more valuable.

11 - NY Giants - Micah Parsons - LB - Penn St.
*Can play in the middle and on the edge. I am not sure where they will want him but he fits Joe Judge and Dave Gettleman. His versatility works as well in that defense.

12 - Philadelphia - DeVonta Smith - WR - Alabama (TRADE w/ Miami from San Francisco)
*Trade down works out and they get their technician at WR to go with Raegor last year. This will help Hurts as well and adds a cheap play maker on offense.

13 - LA Chargers - Alijah Vera-Tucker - OL - USC
*They obviously want to protect Herbert and this adds to it. AVT is a local player who can start at LT immediately.

14 - Minnesota - Christian Darrisaw - OL - Virginia Tech.
*Athletic OT who fits their zone scheme. Fills a huge hole on the roster unless they decide to move Ezra Cleveland.

15 - New England - Mac Jones - QB - Alabama
*Bill Belichick trusts Nick Saban and Saban seems to love this kid. Cam makes it so he does not have to start right away and a loaded New England roster doesn't have many holes to fill.

16 - Arizona - Jaycee Horn - CB - South Carolina
*Physical CB who fills a need. Can tackle in a run heavy division and hold up physically with the large WRs.

17 - Las Vegas - Tevin Jenkins - OT - Oklahoma St
*Old school mauler at RT for an old school HC and GM duo. I believe they are in play for Watson/Wilson now that they have cleared some expensive OL, but they need to boost it back up.

18 - Miami - Jaelan Phillips - EDGE - Miami
*Phillips is arguably the best pass rusher in this class but he does have some durability questions. That said, the Dolphins have a bunch of picks and can take a bit of a risk here.

19 - Washington - Zaven Collins - LB Tulsa
*Ron Rivera likes LBs who can run and have size, and Collins has both. Fits great in a division with Zeke, Saquan and Miles Sanders at RB.

20 - Chicago - Jaylen Waddle - WR - Alabama
*Explosive playmaker who can impact the return game and helps the Foles/Dalton combo.

21 - Indianapolis - Caleb Farley - CB - Virginia Tech
*Farley falls a bit due to the back issues but he is a talented player and the Colts love to draft for value. They get it here.

22 - Tennessee Titans - Jaylen Mayfield - OL - Michigan
*Titans are at their best when running the ball. They missed on a RT last year, but will get it righ with Mayfield.

23 - Denver - Greg Newsome II - CB - Northwestern (TRADE w/ NY Jets for Darnold)
*Big, fast, and smart player who can tackle. They wanted to add a talented CB on defense and upgrade at QB and this did both.

24 - Pittsburgh - Creed Humphrey - OL - Oklahoma
*Steelers have consistently put a premium on OL and I don't see that stopping now. Humphrey fits the modern game and the division.

25 - Jacksonville - Christian Barmore - DT - Alabama
*Impact big man in the middle of the defense to disrupt in the interior in a RB heavy division.

26 - Cleveland - Greg Rousseau - EDGE - Miami
*Not a ton of holes on this roster so I think they will get a young and very athletic EDGE player. Nice complement to Myles Garrett.

27 - Baltimore - Trevon Moehrig - S - TCU
*Versatile player who can do a lot on the back end of defenses. As the Ravens try to keep up with the best teams in the AFC, reinforcing the secondary to keep it a strength works and it is a deep edge class. which they still need.

28 - New Orleans - Kadarius Toney - WR - Florida
*Sean Payton loves weapons and Toney is a weapon. Nice compliment to Michael Thomas and adds a RAC/vertical element they have been missing.

29 - Green Bay - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - LB - Notre Dame
*Athletic LB they lack. Can run and cover. Is physical enough.

30 - Buffalo - Najee Harris - RB - Alabama
*A great fit for their 10 personnel. Can do everything they need on offense. Great locker room guy. Can close out games and take advantage of light boxes.

31 - Kansas City - James Hudson - Cincinatti
*Former defensive lineman, but has great feet and plenty of upside. May seem like a stretch but Reid believe in his ability to develop linemen and Hudson will have Joe Thuney right next to him.

32 - Tampa Bay - Jayson Oweh - EDGE - Penn St.
*Very raw player but is a similar build to JPP. Can be a rotational guy to start but then work his way into more reps.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trading pick 16/223 to jancksonville for their picks 23/45/106

23) Teven Jenkins RT Oklahoma state nasty blocker, above average athleticism, violent hands, doesn't have the ideal arm lenght

45) Ifeatu Melinfowu Cb Syracuse big phisycal corner, something our secondary lacks

49) Joseph Assai olb Texas best olb fit for our defense, hard worker, athletically gifted who can blitz and cover

106) Nico Collins WR Michigan fast and big receiver, typical outside receiver, vertical threat, not as effective in the medium routes

160) Chubba Hubbard some upside coming from subpar year, very limited blocker

243) Matt Bushman tigh end BYU local kid who had very good seasons before missing last year with an Achilles tendon injury

247) Avery Williams cb/rb/kr Boise State don't know if he last till this pick but he is a great special team player, scored 4 tds returning punts kicks last year

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kugler says the opposite.

Winter replaces Cole and offers, at a minimum, solid vet depth.

Not true, our new center replaces Cole.

we still have gallliard and Garcia. Jones never got time last year other than as a tight end, and they have not said he will be a starter. Their actions clearly demonstrate they have no faith in him, I don’t care what they say publicly.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not true, our new center replaces Cole.

we still have gallliard and Garcia. Jones never got time last year other than as a tight end, and they have not said he will be a starter. Their actions clearly demonstrate they have no faith in him, I don’t care what they say publicly.

Cole, at best, was the backup centre/guard at the time of his trade. So we can say either Garcia or Winters replaced him on the roster. Jones was a third-round pick who didn't benefit from a training camp. He simply wasn't ready to take over either the RT or RG spot. "Their actions clearly demonstrate" that and nothing more, and until proven wrong, I'll take Kugler at his word.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cole, at best, was the backup centre/guard at the time of his trade. So we can say either Garcia or Winters replaced him on the roster. Jones was a third-round pick who didn't benefit from a training camp. He simply wasn't ready to take over either the RT or RG spot. "Their actions clearly demonstrate" that and nothing more, and until proven wrong, I'll take Kugler at his word.

But not every coaches speaks frankly like Bruce Arians
What did u expect him to say?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, if you disagree, he's automatically lying?

I don't disagree, just saying he can't say the guy is not so good how they supposed him to be
Probably can't handle nfl speed at tackle so now they want to see if he can be better at guard
Certainly not an endorsement when Kugler mentioned the opportunity for Jones to play guard

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Drafting for need and position has killed this franchise and Keim.. I'm all for taking Horn if he is the best player available but, if there is someone better there ( I suggest the Cardinals go the Denny Green route. He was a bad coach however, he did build the team that went to the Super Bowl ) and I hope the Cardinals and Keim do not over think it and simply take the best player available regardless of position.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't disagree, just saying he can't say the guy is not so good how they supposed him to be
Probably can't handle nfl speed at tackle so now they want to see if he can be better at guard
Certainly not an endorsement when Kugler mentioned the opportunity for Jones to play guard

Kugler was very frank and upfront about needing to upgrade the Center position and then they did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose