Georgia OLB Azeez Ojulari - Reddick replacement in Rd 1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's not pretend that the Cole/Sweezy tandem wasn't absolutely horrible last season, and it's not a quantum leap to believe that our fortunes will improve with the envisaged changes. Talent matters and it can be had outside the first round.
We upgraded from Cole. We replaced sweezy with . . . his backup (you know, the guy who didn’t beat him out last season). It’s not a quantum leap to believe that improvement will only be incremental. And that’s incremental in what was poor production from our running backs.

OP
OP
P

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dunbar or another FA CB.

Conner or day 2 or 3 RB.

Problem solved.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dunbar or another FA CB.

Conner or day 2 or 3 RB.

Problem solved.
Dunbar is trash, and has never played a full season. Conner is also mediocre at best and can't stay on the field (not that I want to knock a cancer survivor for health issues). Day 2, fine, reasonable, but it gives us one pick as an option, where the top RBs will probably be off the board by the time we pick. Scary position to be in. 5th round and further RBs just don't contribute meaningfully.

Go take a look at round 5 and beyond and tell me how comfortable you feel we're going to hit on a meaningful contributor or even starter: http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/rb

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
A good RB makes the OL look better too. They go hand in hand. I can't see any way the Cards are going into the year with Chase Edmonds and Eno as their backfield. I think they're taking Najee at 16 or trading back slightly and taking either Najee or Etienne in round 1.

I guess they'll take who KK thinks fits best for his high school offense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A good RB makes the OL look better too. They go hand in hand. I can't see any way the Cards are going into the year with Chase Edmonds and Eno as their backfield. I think they're taking Najee at 16 or trading back slightly and taking either Najee or Etienne in round 1.

I guess they'll take who KK thinks fits best for his high school offense

Lol

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
been reading lots of Buffalo desire for Najee in round 1 -- considered the missing piece

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
in the event the Cards dont go CB in round 1 --

a few names for pick 48:

Jevon Holland, Oregon. opted out this past season. played safety and then corner. size, speed, ball skills.

Aaron Robinson, UCF. think of a poor mans Jaycee Horn. physical press man corner who shows up in the run game as well.

Ifeatu Melifonwu. Syracuse. king size at 6-3. uber athlete. but a finesse player who doesnt use his size. the fact his older brother exhibited the same physical gifts and didnt do much likely is hurting him a bit

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Personally I would be completely cool with Micah Parsons or Zaven Collins @ 16. I know most would disagree but Hicks has obviously lost a step (or two)and the idea of having two young, super athletic ILB's is intriguing. In my opinion the Butler signing gave us the flexibility to go BPA in the 1st round and both of these guys should be top 15 based on tape. Asante Samuel JR or a WR in round two and I'd feel good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Will get you a team with a ton of holes...

BPA at a position of need within reason is the approach.
Ideally you go BPA in draft the attain the most talent and then fill holes with free agency and a small smattering of trades. But when you’ve got keim you’re just effed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ideally you go BPA in draft the attain the most talent and then fill holes with free agency and a small smattering of trades. But when you’ve got keim you’re just effed.

Teams pretty much NEVER go BPA. They may look at value, but the good teams are still filling holes like the bad teams are.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Teams pretty much NEVER go BPA. They may look at value, but the good teams are still filling holes like the bad teams are.
Depends on where they are in the draft. The best teams don’t have many holes to fill so they can be more strategic, it’s one of the reasons the pats trade down so often. At the top of the draft picking for need is idiotic.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
been reading lots of Buffalo desire for Najee in round 1 -- considered the missing piece
And Buffalo already has a couple decent backs. Edmonds wouldn’t sniff the field on that team and people are talking like he could be the guy here.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Pass rusher is a value pick and position of need
So based on our needs is the second position to consider

Cb
Olb
Wr
Rb
No way. We have a fair amount of decent players at OLB and WR. It's tied for CB/RB and it's not close.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And Buffalo already has a couple decent backs. Edmonds wouldn’t sniff the field on that team and people are talking like he could be the guy here.
Devin Singletary >>> Chase Edmonds, that's for sure. And I'm probably taking Moss over him too.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way. We have a fair amount of decent players at OLB and WR. It's tied for CB/RB and it's not close.
Draft is about long terms
The value of the pick and future of the roster
O OLB under contract next season
I can't repeat there are adequate rb's for our system later in the draft
Behind CB's is our major need
Then WR
Tigh end too but I guess they ll trade for someone with a late 2022 draft pick

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin Singletary >>> Chase Edmonds, that's for sure. And I'm probably taking Moss over him too.
You really love overrating the absolute hell out of RBs from other teams, lol.

Edmonds outproduced Singletary on total yards, TDs, & YPC last season.

Zack Moss is just.....lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose