Free Agency Rumors

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Curious to see if today's the day Reddick gets signed. At this point, I'm intrigued if someone is going to give him the $$$ he wants (transition tag money, I think). Doubt it goes into next week, but if so, his price tag goes down and maybe Keim calls him back and sees if he can be had for far less than $10 mil/year

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Curious to see if today's the day Reddick gets signed. At this point, I'm intrigued if someone is going to give him the $$$ he wants (transition tag money, I think). Doubt it goes into next week, but if so, his price tag goes down and maybe Keim calls him back and sees if he can be had for far less than $10 mil/year
If Reddick were to come back, I imagine it would be a one year deal.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals sign Carson & Drake ends up in Pittsburgh.
Watching nfl network?

One guy predicts Carson coming here. Bigger than Drake. Could he be thunder to Edmonds lightning?

He had a couple of good years prior to 2020 although struggled with fumbles in 2019. I see us signing a rb on a one year deal.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we see little action from Keim over the next couple of days.

With the cap situation being what it is there's going to be a bunch of teams that take themselves out of the market with early deals and there is going to be a lot of good talent left standing when the music stops and nowhere near enough chairs to go around.
This. The money will dry up well before the crop of useful FA's does, and I think there are still some guys that will be cut to get under the cap. I'll admit I was bummed we didn't get Linsley, but the only other big name im willing to pay is William Jackson. This team lacks depth overall, rather get a bunch of value guys for depth than 1 or 2 overpriced guys.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And if you think I’m just naturally pessimistic just look at the suns past offseason. I was pretty optimistic post Paul acquisition.

But not every year.

You do realize that the Free Agency hit rate is like 30%? Most of these players will never approach their prior production.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
And bears and giants after spending big bucks turning into very bad teams in a couple of years
Throwing money like this was the recipe for failure

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Harry hasn't shown anything in the NFL...not sure how NE used him but they were very thin at WR. You would think he could have at least made a dent.

If you are looking for a low cost flier, he would be an option. I think he is owed 2m over the next 2 years (1m/year).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good teams doesn't go to the free agency party in day 1
Just the teams with ton of cap doing it and they regret it pretty soon, many of them wish to get rid of these players in less then 1 year
The only good signings with the right price were Linsley and Verret, the rest were just insane

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
good teams doesn't go to the free agency party in day 1
Just the teams with ton of cap doing it and they regret it pretty soon, many of them wish to get rid of these players in less then 1 year
The only good signings with the right price were Linsley and Verret, the rest were just insane
At two positions of need for us no less

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shaquille Griffin got 15 mil a year
There is a reason behind that... the jaguars
Is this a good spending?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But not every year.

You do realize that the Free Agency hit rate is like 30%? Most of these players will never approach their prior production.
Actually, the more I think about this statistic the more dubious I am. What constitutes “hit?” Pro bowl? Starter? Snaps? PFF grade? What if they were brought on board for a slightly different role than they had prior? It also includes all the dregs of league, does it not? I mean, even the last player signed to a measly minimum contract is technically a free agent. And every team needs to fill out their rosters and practice squads. So that likely means a third of free agents in the data set aren’t intended, or even expected, to be “hits” in the first place. If we removed them then wouldn’t the “hit rate” (again, whatever that means) rise to something like 50%?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes but there is a competition for good players, u are not the only one racing
You’re right, but we had the ability to match those deals and should be considered a superior destination given our proximity to the playoffs. And yet we failed. Trying and failing is great for children who need to learn lessons. It’s only failure for a professional football franchise. Do you feel happy that we gave it the old college try and failed? I don’t. We are no better today than we were when the season ended. In fact, at present we are likely worse as we’ve bolstered our d line, but haven’t backfilled failed spots on the team much less improved any areas.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaquille Griffin got 15 mil a year
There is a reason behind that... the jaguars
Is this a good spending?

nfl network said 13 million per with a chance for incentives?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right, but we had the ability to match those deals and should be considered a superior destination given our proximity to the playoffs. And yet we failed. Trying and failing is great for children who need to learn lessons. It’s only failure for a professional football franchise. Do you feel happy that we gave it the old college try and failed? I don’t. We are no better today than we were when the season ended. In fact, at present we are likely worse as we’ve bolstered our d line, but haven’t backfilled failed spots on the team much less improved any areas.

I don’t think we are as attractive as people around here think. We are in the roughest division in all of football arguably. And a lot of holes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think we are as attractive as people around here think. We are in the roughest division in all of football arguably. And a lot of holes.
Weren’t people just crowing about watt wanting us and Etienne wanting us and we’re a destination now?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave