Pacers @ Suns Saturday game thread 3-13-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something that is becoming noticeable... Saric finishing games at center.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just didn’t have it tonight, but 3 of 4 games finishing with Ayton on the bench is a negative trend for sure.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brogdon is going to get his points but the Suns had no answer for Sabonis.

Turnovers were also huge but the Pacers were playing good defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns play the Grizzlies (17-17) on Monday. They will be playing on the second night of a back-to-back as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Suns just didn’t have it tonight. They missed some shots and the pacers made some tough shots that have typically the gone the other way for us and make bigger runs. We just couldn’t get any sustained runs in the second half.

I honestly don’t take much from this game other than sabonis is the suns daddy and Ayton finishing game on bench in 3rd of past four games is showing monty is losing faith in his being a part of winning time. Oh, and he was a big puss again tonight.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Suns just didn’t have it tonight. They missed some shots and the pacers made some tough shots that have typically the gone the other way for us and make bigger runs. We just couldn’t get any sustained runs in the second half.

I honestly don’t take much from this game other than sabonis is the suns daddy and Ayton finishing game on bench in 3rd of past four games is showing monty is losing faith in his being a part of winning time. Oh, and he was a big puss again tonight.
That’s about the only thing he’s consistently good at. (In bold)

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton has his flaws but to point a finger at him for this lost is clownish. At least most on here pointed at the biggest down fall, turnovers and Brogdon winning the battle with Booker who had very little help.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton has his flaws but to point a finger at him for this lost is clownish. At least most on here pointed at the biggest down fall, turnovers and Brogdon winning the battle with Booker who had very little help.

Why is it ok to blame Booker losing the battle against Brogdon but not Ayton losing the battle to Sabonis? The margin between what Sabonis and Ayton produced was far greater than Brogdon and Booker.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score

haha..maybe he should consider this for a new tatoo.

Did anyone play well tonight? Turnovers killed them seemed like the whole team was asleep, which happens.

Ayton on the bench again is interesting. We'll see how he responds. Its one thing to be on the bench in the fourth because your replacement is playing lights out and the team is winning, but when everything is going bad and the coach still looks past you, ouch!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other team playing harder should not be an excuse for losing. Never let a team beat you by giving more effort.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Did I see that right? Ayton had 8 rebounds in the first and then 4 more for the rest of the game?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I see that right? Ayton had 8 rebounds in the first and then 4 more for the rest of the game?

kinda hard to have more rebounds when your coach thinks you’re too much of puss to get off the bench in the entire fourth quarter.

again.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why is it ok to blame Booker losing the battle against Brogdon but not Ayton losing the battle to Sabonis? The margin between what Sabonis and Ayton produced was far greater than Brogdon and Booker.
Its fine just Sabonis played 43 min to Aytons 29 and Ayton had his stops. Sure he was a joke on the offensive side but the battle was Book vs Brogdon. I believe Ayton was on turner half the time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game was lost in the 3rd quarter when the Pacers outscored the Suns 35-20.

Ayton didn't play in the 4th when the Suns outscored the Pacers 34-25.

I want to add, the Pacers played much better defense than the Suns.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Suns don’t show up they really don’t show up

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fairness to Ayton, he was fouled on the elbow by Turner on this play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he went up like a total puss there.

Ayton could have gone up stronger on that shot but he did hold the ball back to get fouled on the elbow. He was aware that Turner was a good shot blocker.

Inside players don't get touch fouls like outside shooters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton could have gone up stronger on that shot but he did hold the ball back to get fouled on the elbow. He was aware that Turner was a good shot blocker.

enough excuses. Even EJ all but called Ayton a total wuss on that play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In fairness to Ayton, he was fouled on the elbow by Turner on this play.

Also in fairness he went up weak . . . his usual M.O. Eddie was spot-on in his criticism. Ayton doesn’t seem to be learning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The irony is he goes up weak all the time because he’s afraid of getting his shot blocked, but in doing so he makes his shot even easier to block.

In listening to EJ it’s apparent how frustrated with Ayton he is. If he weren’t on the air and being paid by the suns he’d likely be calling him a puss like us fans. And he’d be right.