Kliff Kingsbury: I hope Larry Fitzgerald plays five more years

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would only want Larry back at a few mil per season, nothing more.

But what else do you EXPECT anyone to say about him?

GM Stout: Larrys a bum we don't want him back! He's terrible.

The only problem he is done athletically to make any difference

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would only want Larry back at a few mil per season, nothing more.

But what else do you EXPECT anyone to say about him?

GM Stout: Larrys a bum we don't want him back! He's terrible.

good Lord talk about being overdramatic… Many head coaches GM’s owners etc. have found eloquent ways to say goodbye to their stars in franchise players future Hall of Famer‘s etc. I don’t recall them ever saying they suck… But I don’t recall them saying that they want them to play another five years either....

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
good Lord talk about being overdramatic… Many head coaches GM’s owners etc. have found eloquent ways to say goodbye to their stars in franchise players future Hall of Famer‘s etc. I don’t recall them ever saying they suck… But I don’t recall them saying that they want them to play another five years either....

You anti-Murray, anti-Kliff people are so freaking whiny about him.

It's ridiculous. You guys dissect every facial expression, every meaningless comment and whine incessantly about it. Just annoying. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
*Get off my lawn!*

Get off my lawn is the Cardinals fan equivalent of bitching about Murray's facial expressions or Kliff's meaningless nice comment about Larry.

I'd want Larry back as ancillary receiver for 5 years too if money wasn't a factor.

At $11 million per, hell no, pound sand.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Get off my lawn is the Cardinals fan equivalent of bitching about Murray's facial expressions or Kliff's meaningless nice comment about Larry.

I'd want Larry back as ancillary receiver for 5 years too if money wasn't a factor.

At $11 million per, hell no, pound sand.

He's not even an NFL player in five years, let alone a special teams player now. Cruel to say, it would be a terrible waste of a roster space. I hope he retires well and on his own terms, but wanting him around in 5 years even for free is crazy.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
At what price?
Not sure. Maybe 4 to 6mm? I get the cap issues it could cause but damn man. If anyone has deserved to make his own choices it is him. And personally, I'm at peace with that. He's a great possession receiver IMO. We just need to be able to hit him 13 yards down the field more consistently.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I suppose that’s great if you’re fine with it but his production (or lack thereof) kills the team overall.... holding onto players too long is a mistake and we’re already at that point.. The whole leader ship flag that is flown around here is so overblown.
I mean the 3 games he was out it was noticeable. His 2020 stats are very similar to Kirks and in 2019 he was just flat out better than Kirk. I think there's a higher chance of Larry having a bounce back year than there is of Kirk ever turning into a reliable weapon. If Larry doesnt retire right now he is better than all but 1 or 2 receivers on the roster. We usually play with 3 WR sets. If you want to cut Larry you want to cut every WR besides Hopkins.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's not even an NFL player in five years, let alone a special teams player now. Cruel to say, it would be a terrible waste of a roster space. I hope he retires well and on his own terms, but wanting him around in 5 years even for free is crazy.

He is better than Trent Sherfield and Andy Isabella.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure. Maybe 4 to 6mm? I get the cap issues it could cause but damn man. If anyone has deserved to make his own choices it is him. And personally, I'm at peace with that. He's a great possession receiver IMO. We just need to be able to hit him 13 yards down the field more consistently.

He has been way overpaid for the last two years. We owe him nothing more monetarily.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean the 3 games he was out it was noticeable. His 2020 stats are very similar to Kirks and in 2019 he was just flat out better than Kirk. I think there's a higher chance of Larry having a bounce back year than there is of Kirk ever turning into a reliable weapon. If Larry doesnt retire there is a 100% chance he is better than all but 1 or 2 receivers on the roster. We usually play with 3 WR sets. If you want to cut Larry you want to cut every WR besides Hopkins.

Larry is still a decent NFL player, but he is not a #1/#2 target anymore.

I think the real issue is that Kirk should be a slot guy, but because of Larry's position, he is forced outside.

I often wonder why not just play Larry as a #2 TE or receiving TE in obvious passing situations...

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's time for him to hang them up. Why put extra pressure on your already under fire qb & coach? Larry starts underperforming & it will be them getting blame again for his decline.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By the way, I just realized Kenny Golliday is a FA.

That is the guy the cards should sign. He is a total stud, and the best FA WR available by a mile to me. He is a true Number 1, and still young.

I can't believe he is rated below JuJu on these FA charts.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's time for him to hang them up. Why put extra pressure on your already under fire qb & coach? Larry starts underperforming & it will be them getting blame again for his decline.

What pressure? The HC wants him back and I doubt that KM has an issue with his return.

If he wants to return it will happen.

As for cost that's between him and Mike Bidwill.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Would you pay another 37 year old FA wide receiver with 54 catches for 400 yards a 7.6 average 5 million with incentives?

The answer is no. Would you even want to sign that guy period? The answer is no.

Hold on Cowboy, you asked me the questions. I get to answer, not you. If the FA were Larry Fitzgerald? Yes I would. See, it is a message board and we all have our opinions.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

four should be the max. God love him, but Legend runs in cement shoes at this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
By the way, I just realized Kenny Golliday is a FA.

That is the guy the cards should sign. He is a total stud, and the best FA WR available by a mile to me. He is a true Number 1, and still young.

I can't believe he is rated below JuJu on these FA charts.
Gotta be due to availability. Only played four games last year.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some of y'all are so disrespectful. Larry has stuck by this bad team and bad org since he was drafted. They've made a plethora of horrific moves and he stuck by them and by us as fans (by giving back to the community). This team and some of these fans don't deserve a hall of famer like Larry Fitzgerald.

They mutually need to find a graceful way for his exit.

But the way some of y'all are talking makes me realize you don't know Cardinal history or you're just young and basically stupid af.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose