Kliff Kingsbury: I hope Larry Fitzgerald plays five more years

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury: I hope Larry Fitzgerald plays five more years

https://sports.yahoo.com/kliff-kingsbury-hope-larry-fitzgerald-190502018.html

Larry Fitzgerald has not yet announced if he will play in the 2021 season, but his head coach would like him to be around for a lot longer.

During his Thursday press conference, Kliff Kingsbury said he also doesn’t know Fitzgerald’s decision. But Kingsbury also praised Fitzgerald for the work he’s done since the head coach arrived in 2019.

“It’s been an honor, to come in as a young coach from college and just the way he embraced the coaching and offense and his work ethic,” Kingsbury said. “He’s an all-time great, there’s no doubt. One of the best players to ever play the game. And one of the best people I’ve ever been around, just the way he treats our staff, the people in the building, the fans — he’s phenomenal. And I hope he plays five more years.”

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a shame if he plays one more much less 2-5 more.... Last year his 7 ypc and 1 whole TD was pretty brutal and sad to watch...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
That’s a shame if he plays one more much less 2-5 more.... Last year his 7 ypc and 1 whole TD was pretty brutal and sad to watch...
That TD catch was a thing of beauty though. I'm fine with Larry playing it out if he feels up to it.

I really think he suffers more because Kyler has issues with most intermediate routes over the middle third of the field.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That TD catch was a thing of beauty though. I'm fine with Larry playing it out if he feels up to it.

I really think he suffers more because Kyler has issues with most intermediate routes over the middle third of the field.

I suppose that’s great if you’re fine with it but his production (or lack thereof) kills the team overall.... holding onto players too long is a mistake and we’re already at that point.. The whole leader ship flag that is flown around here is so overblown.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Fitz has a lot more in him still than last years numbers showed. It's up to Kyler.

thats bull... he played with Kyler in the same system the year before… He may not throw to him as much because of hop.... But the YPC says it all he dropped over 3 YPC. Only one TD. The numbers speak for themselves especially considering how horrible the rest of the receiving staff was. It was painful to watch at times how slow he moved. You guys don’t wanna see it.

3.1 ypc drop is pretty damn drastic.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really do not understand the Larry love at this point.

I know he is a fantastic guy, and maybe the 2nd best receiver ever, but he is no longer good at football.

I believe putting him out on the field makes our team worse.

I am not trying to be mean, but I am rooting for him to retire, because apparently our front office is willing to continue to pay and play him despite it no longer making football sense.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really do not understand the Larry love at this point.

I know he is a fantastic guy, and maybe the 2nd best receiver ever, but he is no longer good at football.

I believe putting him out on the field makes our team worse.

I am not trying to be mean, but I am rooting for him to retire, because apparently our front office is willing to continue to pay and play him despite it no longer making football sense.

Spot on bud

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats bull... he played with Kyler in the same system the year before… He may not throw to him as much because of hop.... But the YPC says it all he dropped over 3 YPC. Only one TD. The numbers speak for themselves especially considering how horrible the rest of the receiving staff was. It was painful to watch at times how slow he moved. You guys don’t wanna see it.

:shrug: JMO

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
HUGE EYE ROLL...

He is honoring a franchise ICON and an all time NFL great.

Yeah I would rather him say he is a limited player and he SUUUUUX! ANOTHER HUGE EYE ROLL

Maybe, in an extremely dumb, hamfisted way. Just more KK sucking in front of the camera. Only an absolute moron would want Larry back for 5 more years. Now, hoping you can have him back next year would be classy--it would come with the assumption that it would be a severely reduced salary and mostly for his leadership capabilities. But, no, KK wants him back for 5 more years. Which, any way you interpret it, is stepping on his own tongue.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn't love Larry more but it is over. We have to move on. We have no # 2 WR. Kirk is there at 3 and I am not crazy about him. Where does that leave Larry. He can't get separation any longer.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe, in an extremely dumb, hamfisted way. Just more KK sucking in front of the camera. Only an absolute moron would want Larry back for 5 more years. Now, hoping you can have him back next year would be classy--it would come with the assumption that it would be a severely reduced salary and mostly for his leadership capabilities. But, no, KK wants him back for 5 more years. Which, any way you interpret it, is stepping on his own tongue.

If you think he is being literal, than I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe it's a you problem. I heard the exact same thing and thought he was just being nice to a FRANCHISE ICON and community hero.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would selfishly like to be at the game for Larry's last home game. Give him a proper send off. It really comes down to the money though. It seems unlikely he will play for what his production warrants. I mean 11 million buys a Center or a Corner.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would selfishly like to be at the game for Larry's last home game. Give him a proper send off. It really comes down to the money though. It seems unlikely he will play for what his production warrants. I mean 11 million buys a Center or a Corner.

you can say goodbye in a pre game or halftime ceremony

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

He's slow getting off the line of scrimmage now.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HUGE EYE ROLL...

He is honoring a franchise ICON and an all time NFL great.

Yeah I would rather him say he is a limited player and he SUUUUUX! ANOTHER HUGE EYE ROLL

He just saying what he has to say, don't think he says what he really thinks, beside the statement on Fitzgerald all his interviews are just full of empty words, too politically correct to be trusted
what a difference between him and Arians
A kind of corporate lap dog

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would only want Larry back at a few mil per season, nothing more.

But what else do you EXPECT anyone to say about him?

GM Stout: Larrys a bum we don't want him back! He's terrible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose